Page 68 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    No please continue... jinx the French.
    I've never met anyone who likes the French
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I've never met anyone who likes the French
    You'd be amazed by me.
    I'm so much fun.
    Everyone likes me.

On topic : 2-0

10+ Year Old Account
    Over and out

Well at least Macaroon is enjoying the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Welp, that's the result I was expecting
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Nice try Morocco, go burn some cars now
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Argentina is next i guess

starting my qatar boycott today, who wins the final, who cares? #boycottqatar2022

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    starting my qatar boycott today, who wins the final, who cares? #boycottqatar2022
    bit late for that mate...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    bit late for that mate...
    After this story..
    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/irani...ath-protesting

Thought about doing it myself now. But like you say too late maybe. Not like my one viewership will matter anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Why would FIFA not want an African team to win the tournament. This is a very cynical way to view the world. Having an underdog winning the tournament would do wonder to promote said tournament in the world.
    I missed typed or did not make my thought clear. Argentina/France would draw more and make more in advertising than say Croatia/Morocco match or France/Morocco. Fifa is more about the money.

Oh boy who dont I want to win a final more, France or Argentina. Hard fucking choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Oh boy who dont I want to win a final more, France or Argentina. Hard fucking choice.
    French arrogance would reach critical mass levels if they won a second World Cup in a row, and 3rd in 24 years. For that reason, I guess I'm going for Argentina.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    After this story..
    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/irani...ath-protesting

Thought about doing it myself now. But like you say too late maybe. Not like my one viewership will matter anyway.

- - - Updated - - -
    Jesus.

I was kinda thinking I was a bit silly for not watching this world cup apart from some highlights after the games as it has seemed like a good world cup from a football POV. And the middle east isnt perfect, but neither is the west and it is interesting what is deemed ok and what isnt. Gonna protest guns or womans rights if USA hosts a cup for example? But i'm glad I wasnt another stat for their viewership records. That shit is crazy, RIP

- - - Updated - - -

In terms of the final lisandro martinez will carry them to victory and someone else will steal the headlines.

Give those Barcelona Doctors all the credit they deserve when you win it you mad lil bugger

7+ Year Old Account
    Polish ref being chosen to lead Argentina vs France finally proves that Poland can into finals!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine the intolerable nature of all the Messi fanboys creaming themselves at once if Argentina wins, even if he has an absolute stinker.

So I'm going with France.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Morocco formalised a complaint against the ref (and VAR) for missing two "clear penalties" and in general having a poor showing.
    Even if I believe they have a case for one of them(the one where a Moroccan ended up getting a yellow instead) which I felt like was a clear penalty, I fail to see what will come of it, maybe some VAR accountability? Guess that wouldn't hurt

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Nothing will happen.
    Oh I don't expect anything to happen It was more a "what do Morocco think it will accomplish?" thing :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    Oh I don't expect anything to happen It was more a "what do Morocco think it will accomplish?" thing :P
    Maybe bring some creditability to the game and VAR? Even if FIFA comes out and says yes there was a mistake there are steps in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I can't imagine the intolerable nature of all the Messi fanboys creaming themselves at once if Argentina wins, even if he has an absolute stinker.

So I'm going with France.
    Same here for the exact same reason. On a regular basis, I like both teams/countries/cultures, but on this occassion I am with France 100%