Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So they gotta kill a person every single cinematic i guess?

also you remember the exact same happened in the wrathgate right?
    "Alliance and scourge fought, former lost, horde shows up, then lich king shows up, then forsaken showed up, then lich king just left?"
    That's not even remotely how that cutscene plays out. You're purposely leaving things out and it's dishonest as fuck. You so blindly defend Blizzard that you'll even omit details just to fit said blind defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    ...Am I the only one who feels like these newer cutscenes just don't have the same sort of impact as some of the older ones?
    How many other cinematics did we have in WotLK...? Exactly.
    We have a lot more now, and it's just part of the storytelling. Would be kind of difficult to have a dramatic outcome in each and every of those. Wait for the finale, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    I only saw the 1st movie
    Yea, it went downhill pretty fast.

Although the 2nd movie is honestly worth watching.

The third movie they get another type that can fly, using like weird wings and hydrogen that it literally shoots out its ass. Hence they call it assblasters. The entire series is a joke from 3rd movie on (I think there is like 7 or 8 now lol).

Alexs and Wrathion will be a couple, mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Dragons are ventriloquists now? Nice!
    With mouths that large their speech would be forced to be so slow as to be incomprehensible, akin to whale calls.

So i suspect we're hearing a "dubbed" version of their dialogue that would otherwise just be "Roar! Roar? Rawr!".

Alternatively wind and order magics to speak.
    Or telepathy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    ...Am I the only one who feels like these newer cutscenes just don't have the same sort of impact as some of the older ones?

Take Wrathgate for example. By the end of that, one character had died, another character's fate was left ambiguous, and the forsaken's betrayal from within was revealed, leading to the Battle for the Undercity event.

Now this. Alexstrasza and Raszageth fought, the former lost, Wrathion showed up, and then Razsageth just... left? What ultimately happened by the end of the cinematic? Nothing of importance, it feels like.
    There might be more to it though, remember that Alex spared Raszageth too once, there is a bond between them that may be explored more later.
    It's an old trope, but for once it makes sense that the villain spares someone.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cinematic was beautifully done, props to the animators, you can tell how far they have come when it comes to quality.

With that said, still the same cheesy WoW dialogue though, some things will never change :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by richterlevania3 View Post
    Pedophilia is not cool, mkay?

7+ Year Old Account
    I know all that blizz cock sucking you do on the regular must have left you blind or retarded by now, but the LK left because the plague actually hurt him

- - - Updated - - -

Rasz is a winged graboid
    Yes, and Razageth left because she was now outnumbered, and while yes she is strong, she is not dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    That's not even remotely how that cutscene plays out. You're purposely leaving things out and it's dishonest as fuck. You so blindly defend Blizzard that you'll even omit details just to fit said blind defense.
    I think you fail to realize the point...
    That original description is not how the cinematic plays out.
    i extremly over simplified the cinematic just as they did, that is the fucking point.

"razageth just, leaves?"
    She retreats cause she is suddenly 2v1.

I literally did exactly what the person I was responding to did to prove a point, and you failed to realize that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    With mouths that large their speech would be forced to be so slow as to be incomprehensible, akin to whale calls.

So i suspect we're hearing a "dubbed" version of their dialogue that would otherwise just be "Roar! Roar? Rawr!".

Alternatively wind and order magics to speak.
    Or telepathy.

- - - Updated - - -

There might be more to it though, remember that Alex spared Raszageth too once, there is a bond between them that may be explored more later.
    It's an old trope, but for once it makes sense that the villain spares someone.
    Dragons cannonically have telepathy, have since i think vanilla, its detailed a bit in some of the books.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Yes, and Razageth left because she was now outnumbered, and while yes she is strong, she is not dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

i extremly over simplified the cinematic just as they did, that is the fucking point.

"razageth just, leaves?"

I literally did exactly what the person I was responding to did to prove a point, and you failed to realize that.

- - - Updated - - -

Dragons cannonically have telepathy, have since i think vanilla, its detailed a bit in some of the books.
    Ah fair enough, that's explained then.
    Makes sense for any of their speech really, aside from size issues many of them may lack sufficient soft material to speak as we do in a physical sense.

Still kinda want to see large dragons' speech dubbed with whale noises niw though.

- - - Updated - - -

"razageth just, leaves?"

- - - Updated - - -

Except the description of this cutscene was pretty spot on. Alexstrasza was wounded and pretty much out of the fight. Wrathion is definitely not stronger than Alexstrasza. She wasn't outnumbered. She would have just needed to fight Wrathion.

So your point was objectively wrong. Your description left out several key details like how Arthas was forced to retreat as the plague bombs Putress launched could have actually killed him. Meanwhile, the person you responded to didn't leave out any details. They just posted a quick and dirty summary that covered what happened in the cutscene without going into a lot of unneeded detail.

I also can't find any mention of dragons canonically having telepathy so [citation needed].

"razageth just, leaves?"
    She retreats cause she is suddenly 2v1
    Lmao, so whats shes gonna do once she's 25 (or 20 cant remember) vs 1? Is she also gonna escape? Is she going to forever escape??? Its shit writing, Ras proved she can handle alex no problem and Wrathion its so useless Killer Croc from Batman TAS and his big rock can probably kill him

Lmao, so whats shes gonna do once she's 25 (or 20 cant remember) vs 1? Is she also gonna escape? Is she going to forever escape??? Its shit writing, Ras proved she can handle alex no problem and Wrathion its so useless Killer Croc from Batman TAS and his big rock can probably kill him
    HEY!
    Dont you diss on Killer Croc!!
    He is doing his best, okay?!?!?!

Blizzard videos rarely make sense - just think of tyrande vs sylvanas in all the BFA/SL videos.
    Frankly im just happy blizz is finally skipping the COSMIC UNIVERSE BATTLES, even if they will inevitably return to that drivel soon.

Quote Originally Posted by richterlevania3 View Post
    Makes sense gotta push that BM WF narrative. I can see this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    eugh why Alex looks so... odd?
    It looks like a cheaper tv cartoon version of her usual self.

Wrathion looks somewhat okay.
    Also why the fudge are their mouths closed when talking?
    tik tok girls with freckles are in, strong wise sylvannas is out

7+ Year Old Account
    We are nobodies, she knows who alexstraza is, and wrathion, they are fellow dragons, we are mortals, actual filth, pathetic weak creatures nothing buyt bugs, and that is literally the lore, the primalists believe the living mortal races are inferior and need to be purged, which is why they and the OG dragons became enemies.

- - - Updated - - -

Except the description of this cutscene was pretty spot on. Alexstrasza was wounded and pretty much out of the fight. Wrathion is definitely not stronger than Alexstrasza. She wasn't outnumbered. She would have just needed to fight Wrathion.

So your point was objectively wrong. Your description left out several key details like how Arthas was forced to retreat as the plague bombs Putress launched could have actually killed him. Meanwhile, the person you responded to didn't leave out any details. They just posted a quick and dirty summary that covered what happened in the cutscene without going into a lot of unneeded detail.

I also can't find any mention of dragons canonically having telepathy so [citation needed].
    Alexstraza was wounded for the moment, wrathion basically gave her the time she needed to recover, she was not out of the fight, just had a moment of weakness that razageth almost got advantage of, we literally see her perfectly fine at the ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Have Dragons canonically used telepathy frequently before now?
    Alexstrasza uses telepathy on us at the end of Wrathgate, after the dragons have burned everything and she's enforced her Calm on the area. Specifically, she uses it to get the player's attention to come down and talk to her in-person.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's your citation.

We are nobodies, she knows who alexstraza is, and wrathion, they are fellow dragons, we are mortals, actual filth, pathetic weak creatures nothing buyt bugs, and that is literally the lore, the primalists believe the living mortal races are inferior and need to be purged, which is why they and the OG dragons became enemies.

- - - Updated - - -

Alexstraza was wounded for the moment, wrathion basically gave her the time she needed to recover, she was not out of the fight, just had a moment of weakness that razageth almost got advantage of, we literally see her perfectly fine at the ending.
    She was literally laying on the ground barely conscious. She wasn't showing signs of immediately getting back up to fight at all. She is also definitely not perfectly fine at the end. I feel like you watched a completely different cutscene because you're objectively wrong about what happens in said cutscene.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Alexstrasza uses telepathy on us at the end of Wrathgate, after the dragons have burned everything and she's enforced her Calm on the area. Specifically, she uses it to get the player's attention to come down and talk to her in-person.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's your citation.
    I don't see any links. So still [citation needed].

never heard of telepathy?
    Sure. That's the generous interpretation. (The cynical amongst us might think that Blizz are saving time & money on the animation. That's fine too).

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium

I'm at work, I don't have time to find a Wrathgate questline video, find that moment, and link it to you. Take my word for it, or don't.

5+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling she'll be killed, but her people aren't the final villains and may become our allies in the future.

It took a lot for Alezstraza to even confront Deathwing and Malygos with the resolve to take their lives. I wonder if some part of her knows the primalists aren't in the wrong but are going about things poorly. I think she'd prefer if both their ways could coexist
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

She was literally laying on the ground barely conscious. She wasn't showing signs of immediately getting back up to fight at all. She is also definitely not perfectly fine at the end. I feel like you watched a completely different cutscene because you're objectively wrong about what happens in said cutscene.

- - - Updated - - -

Still anecdotal, but usually dragon speech in their dragon forms is usually loud a guttural, not as clean sounding as human common.