• One of the best expansions

172 25.18%
  • No opinion/Haven't played yet

67 9.81%
  • Won't be purchasing

51 7.47%
Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

How are you enjoying Dragonflight so far?

It's really, really good and a fresh take from both BFA and SL. It doesn't feel too serious and nonsensical like Shadowlands either. It feels like they put WOTLK's zones, MoP's elements and atmosphere, and Legion's questing and stirred them together. I'm glad the only thing close to a system is Dragonriding and I love it almost more than flying. I do however felt some storylines like in the plains dragged on for too long or weren't as strong as the other zones. So far I give the expansion an 8 or 7 out of 10. I'll have to see the end-game's story, mythic + and raiding to give it a stronger opinion.

How about you?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, it's honestly too early to tell. The zones look nice, but the majority of the game comes from max level content which not a lot of yet. Optimistic though since SL was a nightmare.
    Selling myself out below

I keep watching, but keep not seeing anything that'd make me want to actually come back and play. I'll have a look at the raid race, too, but I kind of doubt that it'll sway me.

Better than most. Dragonflight is a lot of fun. Upkeep seems relatively low. I'll be mainly running M+ and raiding so I have lot to look forward to still. I wouldn't say it's the best expansion they've released (yet) but it is definitely in the running.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    For me, it's honestly too early to tell. The zones look nice, but the majority of the game comes from max level content which not a lot of yet. Optimistic though since SL was a nightmare.
    Exactly. We need time to feel the weight of the expansion's features. Remember, we loved WOD during the first weeks. Besides, WOW is usually good at the leveling experrience,.

- - - Updated - - -

As for my opinion on the main topic, I didn't buy the expansion yet. À part of me wants to say hello to my characters and kill stuff while exploring the new continent. But, on the other side, I am not interested in the expansion features

levelings fun, endgames stale. I think as soon as raid opens and everyones done with leveling/open world people are going to realize this is WoD 2.0

I've never felt better about an expansion at this point.

Loving pretty much all of it.

Just dragon riding around the world looking for gathering nodes can actually be super relaxing with fully upgraded DR too.

The tone of this expansion, from the characters to the quest and text and situations you find yourself in, is noticeably different from expansions past, and I'm here for it. I haven't felt like this since MoP.

It's corny, sometimes overly so, but most of the time charmingly so. It's fun, it's vast, it's made me laugh, it's wholesome and comfy, and feels like a grand and grounded adventure. Its serious moments of action are fairly straightforward but still kept my attention. I've liked pretty much every character I've interacted with, which is a complete 180 from Shadowlands where I struggled to find more than a handful of characters that I liked interacting with.

Overall, it's really refreshing, and I'm looking forward to finishing the zone stories and actually getting around to properly exploring the zones and building renown, and getting up some other alts and crafters.

It's too early to tell if it's gonna be any better than previous expansions. It doesn't look like they fixed any of the fundamental issues that made the game feel stale and unfun at max level. At this point it depends on how frequent content patches are and how good the content is.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    I've never felt better about an expansion at this point.

Loving pretty much all of it.

Just dragon riding around the world looking for gathering nodes can actually be super relaxing with fully upgraded DR too.

Honeymoon phase visualized

I have still so much to do with questing, crafting and gearing up, but so far what I have seen has been really good.

Dragonriding is an obvious WIN and something we have truly never seen.

Besides that it of course does feel like it's more of the same, because, well, it is. But at least the new content is fun (as it always is) and it feels fresh how you don't have to deal with any BS system just to keep up. I am fairly confident that people will like this expansion a lot more than SL or BfA, but overall it won't feel too different either as the endgame loop with open world content, m+, raiding, arena and so on is the same with a slightly bigger emphasis on open world stuff.

Imagine Legion, BfA or SL, but with dragons and without the endless grinds. That's Dragonflight. And I like it.

So far it's very good. But ofc I m slowly hitting casual invisible wall and timegating on crafting gear, while Mythic farmers go high ilvl now.

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    levelings fun, endgames stale. I think as soon as raid opens and everyones done with leveling/open world people are going to realize this is WoD 2.0
    They won't. This whole idea about how people will get bored, because they don't have weekly chores to do is just false.

BfA and SL had all these chores and people still quit these expansions very very early on, because most people cba to do (and pay for it) stuff that is not fun and will often just give up.

WoD was WoD, because they cut about half of the content they originally intended to release for this expansion and none of the little endgame content had any structure or design to it whatsoever. And even then, people got tired of WoD by the time 6.1 was announced, which was about the same amount of time when people got tired of all these other expansions after WoD.

Also one question: Were MoP, Cata, Wrath and TBC also WoD 2.0 or what should these be called?

Looks beautiful and music is great, but in the end it's the same old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, WoW just needs to bring in something completely new.

My obvious choice would be legit player housing like ESO/Runescape do. Not "Garrisons" that was NOT player housing.

Maybe I'm just over grinding rep or grinding gear... pretty much those are my only options at max level.
    Selling myself out below

Story goes from ergh to okay, a few zones (cough Azure Span) are clear winners and the main plot is decent-ish.
    The levelling is kind of weird, there's so many side quests and not enough quest log space, I really don't get how none at Blizzard thought about this.
    Professions are fun to play around with, I like the talent aspect.
    Dragonriding is really fun, not much else to say about it.
    The expansion now heavily relies on a steady stream of patch content, as long as that's handled decently well then this could end up being a pretty good expansion.

It is obvious that it is still early to give a definitive answer, but what i can say is that having flying early on and account wide feels great and the guys that thought players should be grounded until their eyes bleed and their patience runs out, should be fired immediately.
    Flying made the leveling way less boring than it has any right to be. Having those circuits around also made it feel like an open world.

Please never commend the world artists ever again, lest their ego's ground us again.

Overall, the game seems inoffensive so far and that is a good place to be in. I am not crazy about professions, but it sure beats borrowed power grinds.

Also agree with others, housing is a must have for the future.
    The story and in-game cutscenes are still derpy. This will never change unless they change their questing format and make it more like GW2 or FFXIV with main story quest with an acknowledged main character that is part of the world ( aka it's own major character alongside the Thrall's Jaina's and with personal relationships with the other characters, etc)and dynamic side events/FATEs.
    The old bunch of side quests we've been doing for almost 20 years is old and should go.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-12-02 at 01:57 AM.

I enjoyed the experience, but what's the deal with the meet the camp quests? Every questing hub you enter your first quest is almost always you having to walk around town introducing yourself to various npc's of varying degrees of importance.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaRandomReindeer View Post
    It's too early to tell if it's gonna be any better than previous expansions. It doesn't look like they fixed any of the fundamental issues that made the game feel stale and unfun at max level. At this point it depends on how frequent content patches are and how good the content is.

Honeymoon phase visualized
    very true which is why i will wait to judge it
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Enjoying the story and quest, lots of good quest text/stories. SL never pulled me in story-wise, and BFA barely did, so DF is already doing better than those 2. This is the slowest I've leveled in an exact with just hitting 64 today. That is partially due to world server down issues on launch day and not taking PTO for the first time ever.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

There are a lot of things in here that I've missed, I really like the huge and connected world, feels so much better than Shadowlands with it's hacked up zones, I also like how every zone has things going on. M0 was fun, going to start the achivements tomorrow and, I usually enjoy that part.
    For me it can't turn into another WoD though, because WoD lacked M+, if WoD had m+ and 1 more patch it would've been fine for me.

I also like how different the profession things feel, so many drops, motes, new cloth, things out in the world and in the dungeons, really enjoying it.
    I'm generally not one to like new expansions much, so this is a good sign, at least for me!

And dragon riding turned out more fun than I thought it would, I thought I'd dislike it, but it feels fun