• No opinion/Haven't played yet

67 9.81%
  • Won't be purchasing

51 7.47%
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    In the same breath you say grinds take to long then say things finish to quickly... what is it you actually want?
    Stuff to do? Things that are not the basic "timbermaw" type of grind but also stuff that has more depth to it. Dragonriding is an excellent system and has made me enjoy just flying around gathering. Yet there is nothing more to the system except for customization that slowly unlocks. Once you collect those glyphs you are done account wide.

The storms could have been a fun "Word dungeon" type of thing but all it amounted to do was farming for a currency that only drops from mobs with the buff. It can take over zones where you are already farming like Cobalt assembly, siege, or part of black flight area. So you get to kill two birds with one stone but the the rewards are limited. You can farm for 359 gear and are limited to 8 sigils a week to upgrade that to 385 or whatever the epic is. It is low depth and a big grind for useless stuff until you get enough sigils. As the blue storm gear item level can be earned far easier from doing other stuff.

Dragonflight has a lot of excellent stuff. The quests were great. The story isn't bad. Dragon riding while shallow really makes the game feel different and it is fun having it incorporated into a dungeon and "flying" as the world quests. The world exploration wasn't bad but is short. The end-game stuff is feeling a lot like WoD but without garrisons. Unless Blizzard really pushes content updates the "normal" cadence of updates and "normal" quest/content size won't fill the world up. Could this have been fine coming from cataclysm or earlier? Sure. It feels more like an expansion for classic then retail. Which again is fine if that is what people like.

TL/DR for your question is what I stated earlier. It feels like there is no middle ground. You either raid log or you slowly consume content to make it last longer. Almost as if you are supposed to not play the game. That may be fine for some people but it should cause people to revalue the subscription cost since it over two years you'll be paying 4x the box price.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by suvzy11 View Post
    You seem conflicted, maybe you should play something else.
    I only bought this xpack to do mythic+ and maybe some pug raiding if I have the courage. Every other aspect of the game is a chore, it's been like this for a while, this expansion is the same as the others. Everything else is mindless zerging
    Last edited by vashe9; 2022-12-15 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It's really, really good and a fresh take from both BFA and SL. It doesn't feel too serious and nonsensical like Shadowlands either. It feels like they put WOTLK's zones, MoP's elements and atmosphere, and Legion's questing and stirred them together. I'm glad the only thing close to a system is Dragonriding and I love it almost more than flying. I do however felt some storylines like in the plains dragged on for too long or weren't as strong as the other zones. So far I give the expansion an 8 or 7 out of 10. I'll have to see the end-game's story, mythic + and raiding to give it a stronger opinion.

How about you?
    I feel like all the zones were inspired by other zones: the Plains reminds me of Nagrand. Even the centaur remind me of the Maghar.
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

Cosmetic transmogs coming in 10.0.5... hmm.. this is looking good.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Why would it matter?

It's mostly cosmetic rewards any gear upgrade will be far quicker to earn in dungeons later today then any grind.
    Professions, main campaign, other unlocks - if it would just be cosmetics, no problem. But there's so much more tied to Renown.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

As casual: I like it but it is not as alt friendly as i thought it would. Grinding ilvl increase from world drops etc is a bit tedious. I wish Renown progress, special currencies used for gearing were account wide. Based on how it is now i will park my alts on focus only a one main (Druid, so i can do everything).
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2022-12-16 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by suvzy11 View Post
    What on Earth is this list? You’ve listed “Dragonflight” as one of your neutral points. You’ve listed a lack of regular flying twice as a negative.

And if you think the world/City is bland I’d love to know what you think is good home city.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention, you’ve made the most vague point of all time in “old stuff coming back both good and bad”.

Yet instead of using your own system and putting that point in neutral, you’ve duplicated it and put it in the bad and good sections.
    The only part of your answer is what is a good home city?
    Ironforge
    Stormwind
    Darnasus
    Boralus
    Suramar
    Silvermoon
    Stromgarde if they ever fix it
    Gilneas
    Ravendreth
    there is many examples.

DF user rating is now down to 4.4 on Metacritic. This is well below where SL was at this point.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    DF user rating is now down to 4.4 on Metacritic. This is well below where SL was at this point.
    Metacritic -.- why do people even go to that site.....
    It's a cesspool of people bandwagoning votes and using multi-accounts to reviewbomb.
    I checked it for one second and the first user review i see on DF is this:

I really don't get it. Blizzard is pandering to the lgbtq community now... a lot.
    Then why do they keep their racist faction system? Racial segregation is just fine, but they also claim to be progressive? Am I missing something here?

...blahblah...
    This should tell you enough for how much that site is worth.,..

I had very less hopes before launch , But it surprised me . Having fun in Raids , Dungeon , world content and Pvp .

Quote Originally Posted by BeerEelemental View Post
    Metacritic -.- why do people even go to that site.....
    It's a cesspool of people bandwagoning votes and using multi-accounts to reviewbomb.
    I checked it for one second and the first user review i see on DF is this:

This should tell you enough for how much that site is worth.,..
    SL wasn't review bombed, is what you're saying?

Overall, the expansion user ratings have tracked the sentiment we see in the forums. It's not a good sign for DF.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

SL wasn't review bombed, is what you're saying?

Overall, the expansion user ratings have tracked the sentiment we see in the forums. It's not a good sign for DF.
    Everyone seems to be enjoying it. There are about six posters here whining they can't poopsock world quests but that has been the largest complaint.

Honestly it's doing so well there isn't much to post about... what is there to criticize about dragon flight? The dungeons dont have enough check points for wipes? That wow kinda needs a new engine?

Warcraft is just well... it's good again and that doesn't leave much to talk about save to point and laugh at the people who want to grind ap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    Everyone seems to be enjoying it.
    I'm not sure how you conclude that. And at this point in SL there was a great deal of putative enjoyment also.

One of best exp in recent year even tho I Quit already.i just think I been playing this game for too long since 2005 so nothing blizz do right now can make the game fun again.i got my dh and hunter to 70 and it felt pretty much like sl without the need to grind everyday.Exp is amazing and I'm glad people enjoy it

Having gotten a couple toons to 70 and started doing mythics, the best I can do is give the game a solid MEH

Its not bad, but there really isn't anything innovative about dragon flight.

Blizz made the same old fruit cake they've been making forever.

I'm not sure how you conclude that. And at this point in SL there was a great deal of putative enjoyment also.
    Because beyond the crafting system being a bit dodgy it's been the only visible complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerEelemental View Post
    Metacritic -.- why do people even go to that site...
    i once seen a review of a game (cant recall the game) that said game is good graphics looks nice, gameplay is funny, story is good, could be a bit longer, 0/10
    i think thats sums up why metacritic (and to a certain degree by extention ratings by random fools) is completely useless

I got put off by the shear amount of redundant side quests at lvl70. But I can't hold that against Blizzard or WoW, I just need to accept this game is no longer for me.
    Last edited by Lidenbok; 2022-12-18 at 06:15 PM.

Still feeling very meh.

Having a break over Christmas as I'm away, and will see if I get the urge to play when I'm back. But there's very little in game I really enjoy at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought the expac 3 days ago.

I did any quest I could find in the first zone, plus 2 dungeon runs. I left that zone at level 65 xD