1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    This isn't predatory. The fuck are you on about?

- - - Updated - - -

They'll probably be working together in order to try and do something either relating to Galakrond or something else. There's obviously not going to be a patch per Incarnate...
    I agree with you. Unfortunately, there are people who genuinely believe we will get one incarnate per patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Eh, it will have Premium Trading Post Pass soon enough. No Battle Pass will be complete without paid tier.
    This is the only thing I can see negatively happening
    An extra 5 bucks a month gets you double monthly coins and a double earning bonus

It doesn't exist
    It might but currently doesn't so the people screeching doom need to breathe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I agree with you. Unfortunately, there are people who genuinely believe we will get one incarnate per patch.
    Imagine time traveling and galakrond eats them

- - - Updated - - -

Primal storms start tomorrow....if anyone claims that there's nothing to do in this game I'm wondering what game they are playing

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Seeing all the pessimism in WoW players is just so fucking sad.

Like, if your first reaction is "hahahah watch this get monetized in a few months" then why do you even bother playing the game if nothing excites you int he slightest.
    It's always same names. You expected them to suddenly like game after Blizzard repair things they complain about? Oh silly you.

New feature sounds like good direction for casual side of game. WoW has lot of content but so many is 'hidden' from eye. To this day people don't realize how many world content SL had and DF is evolution, not revolution.

But it hyped me for another reason - this is patch feature. We are discussing PTR stuff already, so it likely land during January. True thing that buried SL hype was drought, only later people retroactively added reasons or blow them out of proportion. If DF would go same way, same thing would happen again. If DF will go Legion way, people will love it despite it's flaws (and outside theme, DF surpasses Legion on every field).

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, it will have Premium Trading Post Pass soon enough. No Battle Pass will be complete without paid tier.
    Well in this case the "paid tier" I was worried about was a button on the UI that said "Buy Trader's Tokens Now!"

Could still happen, but as it's presented now I actually like it. Don't get why people are complaining and invoking the Battle Pass when this could be 100 times worse. It could have been how you got tier pieces.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I mean, seeing you need a sub to get the 500 free currency each month, that kind of already is the paid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I mean, seeing you need a sub to get the 500 free currency each month, that kind of already is the paid tier.
    Store mounts existing undermine any and all "the sub is the paid tier" arguments. They can and will charge extra for shit on top of the sub.

Store mounts existing undermine any and all "the sub is the paid tier" arguments. They can and will charge extra for shit on top of the sub.
    I thought we were talking about the Trading Post?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I thought we were talking about the Trading Post?
    And the possibility of adding Premium Trade Post Pass onto it like on every Battle Pass.

And the possibility of adding Premium Trade Post Pass onto it like on every Battle Pass.
    Sure, but as I said, needing to be subbed to get half the monthly available currency is arguably already the premium version. E.g. Overwatch (and probably D4) don't have the premium battle pass combo as well as a sub which is probably why they went this way about it. And if you want to bring store mounts existing into it, which I'm not sure how relates to this exact system, some of them being available through this kind of undermines that point as well.

I consider myself to be highly skeptical of Blizzard and their business practices. But sometimes a horse is a just a horse.

The system in itself is already a hook to keep subbed and increase MAUs. It doesn't necessarily need to be more than that. I am more concerned about it being abandoned after this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I consider myself to be highly skeptical of Blizzard and their business practices. But sometimes a horse is a just a horse.

The system in itself is already a hook to keep subbed and increase MAUs. It doesn't necessarily need to be more than that. I am more concerned about it being abandoned after this expansion.
    I doubt it'll be abandoned, there's so many unused items (and unused recolors) from past expansions it can keep this thing going for many years to come without much effort needed.
    The blackrock set from WoD for example has three different versions, that's an easy two slots just from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    I doubt it'll be abandoned, there's so many unused items (and unused recolors) from past expansions it can keep this thing going for many years to come without much effort needed.
    The blackrock set from WoD for example has three different versions, that's an easy two slots just from that.
    One would think, of course. But they have an uncanny knack for not updating even the most simple of things. We'll see some 11.0 what the state of the system is.

One would think, of course. But they have an uncanny knack for not updating even the most simple of things. We'll see some 11.0 what the state of the system is.
    I doubt they will remove it, or otherwise abandon it. But i would be afraid if they start doing little more than token additions to it.
    The Trial of Style for instance should by rights give at least one new set each year, even if those sets are just completed variants of incomplete sets from the past.

We seem to be getting quite a nice amount of miscellaneous cosmetics from it initially going by the picture, but it's hard to gauge whether the items are previously unused, custom made, or something in-between like the Timewalking Mage Tower sets.

I have said before, but i would absolutely pay good money for all kinds of armor recolours of old sets. And the Trading Post finally seems like an evergreen variant of the Island Expedition rewards.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

It being smack in the middle of SW/Org also seems like it'll be a bit more difficult to let disappear into the background next expansion compared to if it would be based in Valdrakken. I really hope they keep it going forward (well, if it turns out to be as cool as it sounds).

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well in this case the "paid tier" I was worried about was a button on the UI that said "Buy Trader's Tokens Now!"
    They wouldn't need to do that because its analogous: Shop items are appearing in the Trading Post. This is the same thing most MMOs have: For example, Everquest is free to play, but if you pay the subscription you get 500 digital currency a month. The currency is used to buy cosmetics. You can also buy the currency.

The only difference currently is WoW is not free to play, and there are non-transactional things that also give the currency. So its a lot like HOTS or Hearthstone's "engagement rewards"

10+ Year Old Account

Very likely to stay. This is the equivalent of daily calendar rewards from other MMOs. The actual list of items may be shorter, with a longer countdown.

I don't see the issue with a monthly login. The ESO daily login is definitely problematic (and ESO has so many daily quests that are over rewarding to make you log every day)
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-12-13 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Wouldnt be shocked if 10.0.5 launches with the reset actually.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Ogre child model feels like something they will use in the future.