Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Amitus doesn't exist outside Hearthstone so far and adding her is less than a good idea for so many reasons. Aggramar can be the Light-aligned Titan if you need one.
    That's why I'm saying they might add her.

No other titan has a light affinity. Definitely not agg

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    Right, but Tyr is a light Keeper while Amitus is a light titan.

All the keepers that the titans used to empowered the aspects with shared their affinities.

- - - Updated - - -

11.0 will 100% be light vs void, don't believe anyone or any leak that says otherwise.
    Will the Light be making an appearance before the end of DF?

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Will the Light be making an appearance before the end of DF?
    Potentially.

Team light will be instigated by infinite shenanigans bringing in Yrel and her light bound zealots

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Very excited for the Tyr storyline, among others, in 10.1.7 before the "Amirdrassil" patch of 10.2!

- - - Updated - - -

What is everyone's "TOP" speculation/guess for 11.0 right now? Not what you "hope for", but what you "think" will happen based on current lore/speculation?
    Pure chaos for maximized marketability.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amitus doesn't exist outside Hearthstone so far and adding her is less than a good idea for so many reasons. Aggramar can be the Light-aligned Titan if you need one.
    She may not but that doesn't mean she won't ever exist in WoW. It would not surprise me if she was a Titan but she never found her fellow Titan groupies.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Pure chaos for maximized marketability.
    After BfA, this isn't a bad guess.

1+ Year Old Account
    Well, considering that DF is a "down to earth" or "grounded" expansion (and many people have different thoughts on that), should Blizzard go more cosmic for 11.0? Not necessarily outside of Azeroth, but the "theme?" Personally, I really hope DF picks up with 10.1.7/10.2 because the "power of friendship/care bear" stuff is getting old. I love character building, world building, exposition, but man, get to the good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    She may not but that doesn't mean she won't ever exist in WoW. It would not surprise me if she was a Titan but she never found her fellow Titan groupies.
    They're prob just going to incorporate her HS lore that she disappeared before sarg went coocoo

Well, considering that DF is a "down to earth" or "grounded" expansion (and many people have different thoughts on that), should Blizzard go more cosmic for 11.0? Not necessarily outside of Azeroth, but the "theme"?
    It depends. I actually like high-concept, cosmic fantasy, so I'm hardly opposed to it on principle. However, with the repeat bungling of that kind of overall theme by Blizzard, I'm pretty offput by the tragic possibility of us going to another Zereth or being subjected to another cookie-cutter pantheon of idiots conjured out of whole cloth. An invasion by a cosmic force and a better look at the cosmology of Warcraft would be great, but I'm definitely opposed to us going to another magically-conjured plane of disjointed realms and blithering, one-note morons that are retroactively responsible for everything.

So far, we have a precedent of four lines of in-universe scholarship on Azeroth serving—in my opinion—better than nearly anything in Shadowlands.

Personally, I really hope DF picks up with 10.1.7/10.2 because the "power of friendship/care bear" stuff is getting old. I love character building, world building, exposition, but man, get to the good stuff!
    If only. This entire expansion has been so aggressively twee that I want to reach through my skull and tear out my occipital lobe. If we got a little struggle in the oncoming patches, I'd be sooooo happy.

- - - Updated - - -

They're prob just going to incorporate her HS lore that she disappeared before sarg went coocoo
    If true, can't wait to hear how their retroactive and nonsensical explanation as to why there are only seven seats in the Seat of the Pantheon.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-07-22 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I mean his entire story essentially hinges on him not being stupid or else he is essentially Zovaal 2.0 except this time around there's no shocking "OH FUCK THE PROPHECY"/Schrodinger's Prophecy moment that protects him from scrutiny because he knows.
    He doesn't have to be stupid. Just ignorant of the Titan's actual power level. Which he doesn't really have any actual access to reliable information on, so that would be expected, not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    He doesn't have to be stupid. Just ignorant of the Titan's actual power level. Which he doesn't really have any actual access to reliable information on, so that would be expected, not surprising.
    Indeed, Iridikron might be judging the Titan's power level based on their keepers. If he thinks they are second in command and he probably feels he can wipe them out easily then he might think he stands a chance against a Titan.

10+ Year Old Account
    If only. This entire expansion has been so aggressively twee that I want to reach through my skull and tear out my occipital lobe. If we got a little struggle in the oncoming patches, I'd be sooooo happy.
    A small adjustment of the "HAPPI WHIMSY TIMES" is all that is necessary. I still say to this day Zaralek Caverns would of benefitted more with a more serious approach to the caverns instead of overbearing Mole LOL FUNNIES. When the serious stuff about Neltharion started and some Titan stuff, it was good.

If true, can't wait to hear how their retroactive and nonsensical explanation as to why there are only seven seats in the Seat of the Pantheon.
    (Warning, speculation and not accurate so no tears xd)They don't even know she exists is how I'd do it. At some point Amitus was born and is looking for those like her.

Well yeah and it wouldn't be a horrible twist. I also have to wonder what exactly Xal'atath(If thats really her) intends on all of this.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2023-07-22 at 06:49 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

What is everyone's "TOP" speculation/guess for 11.0 right now? Not what you "hope for", but what you "think" will happen based on current lore/speculation?
    Xal'atath and Azshara as main villains with avaloren as new zone.

I doubt the issue is Grounded vs Cosmic and more people wanting EK/Kalimdor with race stories. The tone being too positive is one thing, but the Dragon Isles are too distant in story from most of the WoW races and factions. People will complain if the next expansion is an entirely new continent or planet as well.

Like do you remember Khadgar is a part of the story? Because i forgot until I was writing this.

The expansion is DELIBERATELY anti-faction and anti-EK/Kalimdor. Partially one of the reasons I think it may have been made with a revamp in mind: they don't want ANY of the story to clash with their post-timeskip EK and Kalimdor when it is the new leveling experience.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-07-22 at 06:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think people are taking Iridikron lines too literally.

Iridikron is a schemer with a giant well of Information available to him thanks to Xal'atath.
    I doubt he's unaware of the Titans lvl of power.

Nor do his lines make me think that he'll just try go toe to toe with them when the time comes, but rather that he's setting them up to fail.

Formerly known as Arafal

1+ Year Old Account
    I genuinely do wonder what a new continent would/could look like on the "other side/33% of/whatever" Azeroth? How large would it be? What would it look like on the map/mean to the overall lore? Etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I doubt the issue is Grounded vs Cosmic and more people wanting EK/Kalimdor with race stories. The tone being too positive is one thing, but the Dragon Isles are too distant in story from most of the WoW races and factions.

Like do you remember Khadgar is a part of the story? Because i forgot until I was writing this.

The expansion is DELIBERATELY anti-faction and anti-EK/Kalimdor. Partially one of the reasons I think it may have been made with a revamp in mind: they don't want ANY of the story to clash with their post-timeskip EK and Kalimdor when it is the new leveling experience.
    Personally, I just feel like Dragonflight (so far) has been ALL exposition and no real "BIG" moments, yet. Which can work "if" the rest of the expansion, and what's next (11.0) is all the result of the HUGE setup in Dragonflight. Imagine looking back in a few years and saying, "Damn, I'm glad they took their time to set everything up properly so that we understand everything back in DF." Although right now, we see it all as boring and lazy. Just a thought.

Indeed, Iridikron might be judging the Titan's power level based on their keepers. If he thinks they are second in command and he probably feels he can wipe them out easily then he might think he stands a chance against a Titan.
    Also tbf, he just says he will be waiting when they return. Which could also mean a trap rather than a direct fight.

Could be a scenario where the titans get weakened/banished and we need to find Amitus to save them.

1+ Year Old Account
    Here some DF speculation.

Amitus the Peacekeeper will be made cannon.

Tyr will reveal that Alex and ysera's brother, dralad, is alive and is the 6th aspect as the aspect of light

Dralad was res'd by Tyr and resides in secret in Avaloren.

Dralad was empowered by Amitus through Tyr, similar to the other aspects who were empowered by the titans through keepers as conduits, and was turned into a silver dragon.

This is why we're getting those white scales for DR that still has no source
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...flight/1636338 Found this on the forums. Were you just "regurgitating" this?

Personally, I just feel like Dragonflight (so far) has been ALL exposition and no real "BIG" moments, yet. Which can work "if" the rest of the expansion, and what's next (11.0) is all the result of the HUGE setup in Dragonflight. Imagine looking back in a few years and saying, "Damn, I'm glad they took their time to set everything up properly so that we understand everything back in DF." Although right now, we see it all as boring and lazy. Just a thought.
    I can see that. They are definitely taking their time: Iridikron isn't revealed until the very end of launch, and the true backstory isn't revealed until halfway through in an unreleased book. And now it looks like Iridikron isn't even the final boss.

I wonder if the "too positive" thing will be brought up at the next Danuser interview, because the tree plot will HAVE to end on a positive note as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I doubt the issue is Grounded vs Cosmic and more people wanting EK/Kalimdor with race stories. The tone being too positive is one thing, but the Dragon Isles are too distant in story from most of the WoW races and factions. People will complain if the next expansion is an entirely new continent or planet as well.
    I agree with this. If the conversation has become "it has to be very grounded or very cosmic" then we've already lost, because we shouldn't need to be bouncing between extremes over and over again. I believe that the factions are so non-existent in Dragonflight precisely because of how toxic the faction war got in BfA, and that's entirely their fault. They wrote it, it's not like it came into being on its own. Blizzard in general, even outside of WoW, has a tendency to bounce between extremes when it comes to design, but it's getting very old with WoW's story in particular.

If the writers have to constantly be dragged kicking and screaming into the direction fans want on both a micro and macro level, and their more original concepts are decidedly rejected by the playerbase, then you have to start questioning whether they should be writing for this series at all.