Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    I would personally love to see a Warcraft series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    An animated Warcraft series would be ideal; similar to Arcane.

The live action adaptations of Wheel of Time, Rings of Power, as well others have not been good.
    I agree with this. After doing so many expansions, it would probably take something different like this for him to really feel that excitement again. Getting to explore the story in entirely new ways.

All right, so the 7pm and 8pm windows have both closed.

The Gamescom ONL event is live on YouTube right now. We'll see if anything happens there (probably not?). If not, later tonight or around 7pm tomorrow are my best guesses.

If not those, then next week.

Edit:

My heart just stopped for a minute as WoW made a tweet, only for me to realise it was some meme video about "dumb ways to die" in Hardcore. :]

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    But outside of that, Azshara likely wants to be ruler of the cosmos, hence the seeking true throne of power comment. At the very least she wants to rule all of Azeroth. You have to imagine she doesn’t want to do that looking like an octopus Naga. She’ll want to take on an appearance that’s fitting to the ruler of the cosmos.
    But would her appearance as a night elf be any more suitable for that position?
    "Wounds are for the desperate, blows are for the strong;
    balm and oil for weary hearts all cut and bruised with wrong.
    I forgive thy treason, I redeem thy fall;
    for iron—cold iron—must be master of men all!"

You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

Oh my lord, some douchebags just stormed the Gamescom stage and ranted about GTA VI. Excuse my language, but effing losers.

Edit:

Geoff handled it like a pro though. Carried on with the show in no time.

10+ Year Old Account
    well im off to bed. Guess I'll see in the morning if anything is revealed in this initial ceremony

Enjoy, folks!
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Oh my lord, some douchebags just stormed the Gamescom stage and ranted about GTA VI. Excuse my language, but effing losers.

Edit:

Geoff handled it like a pro though. Carried on with the show in no time.
    Hah, what? What on earth would there be to rant about it anyway?

After that kid got on stage with the Fromsoft at the Game Awards you'd think they'd be a bit more ready for weird shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal favourites of mine in the death/closecall compilations are people who run to the opposite factions flightmaster outside gadgetzan.

Because nothing screams 'careful, planned gameplay' more than autopiloting/tabbed out
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Hah, what? What on earth would there be to rant about it anyway?

After that kid got on stage with the Fromsoft at the Game Awards you'd think they'd be a bit more ready for weird shit.
    According to a tweet I read, they shouted "Bill Clinton wants to play GTA VI" or something like that. Really lame.

According to a tweet I read, they shouted "Bill Clinton wants to play GTA VI" or something like that. Really lame.
    So its definitely someone aping the kid from the game awards, then.

Also apparently he's a known troll who crashes live TV and asks about GTA VI.

They need to up security, god damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    So its definitely someone aping the kid from the game awards, then.

Also apparently he's a known troll who crashes live TV and asks about GTA VI.

They need to up security, god damn.
    For sure. These shows tend to have one or two real celebrities these days too. Good luck getting them to attend in the future if security is this poor.

7+ Year Old Account
    For sure. These shows tend to have one or two real celebrities these days too. Good luck getting them to attend in the future if security is this poor.
    TBH, we don't really need celebs there to say how amazing games are and how much they love them. They are not necessary to show us the games.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    TBH, we don't really need celebs there to say how amazing games are and how much they love them. They are not necessary to show us the games.
    Are you saying you don't need Keanu Reeves telling us we're breathtaking?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Hello? Have you just been having this entire discussion not even knowing what is even being talked about?

You asked what other elf could be in the cutscene. Arafal pointed out that people have been arguing that the figure in the dawn cutscene is potentially just Azshara not in naga form via magic, hence the night elf ears. Arafal argued that she for some reason wouldn't want to ever have that elf appearance again. You argued, and I quote:

I am pointing out to you that this isn't accurate because nowhere in any part of the game, or any associated media is there any indication that contrary to every other example of transformation or mutation or whatever the you want to call it, Azshara is some special unique case where she can't possibly change form, i.e. is permanently stuck that way. Because it very easily could be Azshara, because Azshara has shown up as an elf post-sundering before, and even completely putting aside the Azsuna situation, there's also no fucking reason to assume she can't use any of a variety of magical forces she's got access to, to either undo her transformation completely, transform into something else entirely, or take on a visage form now that she is no longer operating from the bottom of the ocean where being and octopus naga is actually useful.
    You are just assuming she can, because your words: there's also no (curseword) reason to assume she can't use any of a variety of magical forces she's got access to, to either undo her transformation completely. I mean thats you assuming right there. Like wut? You were pointed out because lack of ground, now you are trying to twist things.

You are completely making this all up, we have no other evidence of this. You can speculate she can change form what ever she pleases or speculate how she is able to undo her transfoemation. But with what got IN game there is no reason to believe this is something she is able to do. Ignoring the Azuna case completely.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-08-22 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    You are just assuming she can
    I'm assuming she can appear as an elf because she has literally already done so and because there are like five other explicit examples of long-term old god transformation/mutation being undone and hundreds of examples of people and things using magic to change their form.

The burden of proof here is on you, to provide any reason why Azshara doesn't work like every other entity in the setting's existence. To provide even a shred of evidence for why, somehow, she alone can't use magic to look like anything else.

You're sticking your hand into a bunch of lit fireplaces, getting burned and then going "Mm, no, this next fireplace won't burn me because I've never seen it burn me before, there's nothing to indicate that it works like every other fireplace!"

Are you saying you don't need Keanu Reeves telling us we're breathtaking?
    Or Vin Diesel being completely drunk on stage trying to hype up a mediocre game based on Fast & Furious.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming she can appear as an elf because she has literally already done so and because there are like five other explicit examples of long-term old god transformation/mutation being undone and hundreds of examples of people and things using magic to change their form.

The burden of proof here is on you, to provide any reason why Azshara doesn't work like every other entity in the setting's existence. To provide even a shred of evidence for why, somehow, she alone can't use magic to look like anything else.

You're sticking your hand into a bunch of lit fireplaces, getting burned and then going "Mm, no, this next fireplace won't burn me because I've never seen it burn me before, there's nothing to indicate that it works like every other fireplace!"
    And I have explained to you it was an Illusion. Use of magic.
    What longterm old god transformations are worth comparing to the Azshara mutation? Outside of her, what other cases are you even thinking about?

No, you claim she can change forms and undo her transformation. Since I have no reason to assume or believe that. Going by her story and warbringer this is an actual mutation that had a huge impact in everything she does. Her people, way of life everything changed completely. Thats the story. The shred of evidence is what we have in game. You are the one assuming she has the power she can undo her mutation.

Why would we assume its not permanent in the first place?when the choice was this form or dying. Shown in this dramatic moment in warbringer. I really dont see how the Azuna case is helping you.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-08-22 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    And I have explained to you it was an Illusion. Use of magic.
    What longterm old god transformations are worth comparing to the Azshara mutation? Outside of her, what other cases are you even thinking about?
    Tol'vir? The Mogu? Gnomes in Borean Tundra? King Mechagon's entire threat? You know, all those races that only exist as "permanent" mutations caused by Old God corruption? That can be casually undone with elemental magic, titan technology, gnomish technology. Because old god mutation is so impermanent that even gnomes who have never been in mecha from can still be "cured" of the transformation generations later.

Why would we assume its not permanent in the first place?
    Because every other instance of transformation isn't.

when the choice was this form or dying?
    Do you think that Azshara has cancer or something? She was going to die because she was at the bottom of the ocean. Do you think that if she changes back, suddenly the ocean is going to turn sentient, chase her down and try to crush and drown her again? Her potential death means absolutely nothing. I can't tell if you're just actually trolling at this point because you're the one not making any sense. You think that because at that one single moment, she would have died if she didn't get turned, that now she can't ever go back?

the diablo twitter just tweeted their presence at the gamescom. maybe wow is also there.

7+ Year Old Account
    What is it?
    Seems the guy likes attention.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tol'vir? The Mogu? Gnomes in Borean Tundra? King Mechagon's entire threat? You know, all those races that only exist as "permanent" mutations caused by Old God corruption? That can be casually undone with elemental magic, titan technology, gnomish technology. Because old god mutation is so impermanent that even gnomes who have never been in mecha from can still be "cured" of the transformation generations later.

Because every other instance of transformation isn't.

Do you think that Azshara has cancer or something? She was going to die because she was at the bottom of the ocean. Do you think that if she changes back, suddenly the ocean is going to turn sentient, chase her down and try to crush and drown her again? Her potential death means absolutely nothing. I can't tell if you're just actually trolling at this point because you're the one not making any sense. You think that because at that one single moment, she would have died if she didn't get turned, that now she can't ever go back?
    I feel like you are trying to hard to bend something here.

You are completely missing the point of her transformation and her story. Your examples fall completely flat, when you are just assuming she can? and speculating on her undoing her transformation. Again we have no reason to believe that.

You are hammering on the word permanent here, that is starting to get annoying. We are talking about the naga and Azshara. Who underwent a full on transformation. Before the warbringer people speculated widely how she was turned or changed. We got full on anwsers with the warbringer. The story was that it wasnt an actual choice to begin with. But she changed it into or I die or i t will be played by my rules, but that aside. Wether that is permanent or not is not even relevent at all.

Listen, the only reason I personally mentioned Azshara before, was that I said it would need to be some kind of time portal to pre sundering.Which wasnt even serious as I didnt even see a night elf shape in there myself. It was until you showed up, with your Azune story. So right now, you are the one trolling here tbh.