Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Now if most of the dungeons added are fairly straightforward and it's only 2-3 that are not linear then it's OK. But if you e.g. add things like the Everbloom then things get complicated.
    Of course, adding somewhat easy dungeons doesnt really hurt at all. SBG is considered the easiest now, but I dont mind it. Its a nice & cool dungeon and so what if its easy? Theres plenty of annyoing as F*** dungeons in the rotation already.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Of course, adding somewhat easy dungeons doesnt really hurt at all. SBG is considered the easiest now, but I dont mind it. Its a nice & cool dungeon and so what if its easy? Theres plenty of annyoing as F*** dungeons in the rotation already.
    It also has a lot to do with the seasonal affix. If we get some bullshit affix like prideful then I just quit M+ for that season. Maybe 1 per week if I can do it with friends.

It also has a lot to do with the seasonal affix. If we get some bullshit affix like prideful then I just quit M+ for that season. Maybe 1 per week if I can do it with friends.
    Honestly Blizz could just get rid of the seasonal affixes altogether. The reason for them was so it we would not be running the exact same dungeons throughtout every season. Now that the pool is changing every season there is no need for it.

The fact that there are 'push weeks' says a lot about affixes. Most affixes are either a pain to deal with or just mostly ignore it. At least they should remove Fortified/Tyranical.

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    The fact that there are 'push weeks' says a lot about affixes. Most affixes are either a pain to deal with or just mostly ignore it. At least they should remove Fortified/Tyranical.
    Imo make Fortified baseline. Tyrannical could be kept in a weaker form as a second tier (Lvl 7) affix

Some bosses have no mechanics at all. in ZG every boss had one or two mechanics.
    With affixes they will be 5 mechanic fights with shit overlaps.

- - - Updated - - -

Affixes in general are just shit design. Their whole purpose is to make your time with the game more miserable. Sure they make dungeons harder but nobody can claim that any affix adds any enjoyment to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Affixes in general are just shit design. Their whole purpose is to make your time with the game more miserable. Sure they make dungeons harder but nobody can claim that any affix adds any enjoyment to the game.
    I largely agree. I don't think there is any affix that I particularly enjoy. Would rather have slightly more mechanical complexity in baseline. Heck I prefer the seasonal affix to all the others.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Yo nerds, when can I expect the Forbidden Reach patch to hit?
    Around mid March.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are 8 really not enough? How many do you run per week?
    One can cycle through 8 dungeons rather quickly, even more so if you prefer certain dungeons over others. For instance, I don't like HoV and have only ran it once on an alt as a +5.

Whatever they have prepared for their dungeon seasons, I'd just make them all available at once. Let people do whatever they wish. Personally, I'm looking forward to Uldaman and the gnolls one.

As for cata dungeons, the ones I wouldn't like would be:
    - Lost city of the Tol'vir
    - Hour of Twilight
    - Throne of Tides
    - Vortex Pinnacle

Preference for:
    - Grim Batol
    - Halls of Origination
    - The Stonecore
    - Blackrock Caverns

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, a percentage damage/health increase doesn't add any enjoyment to the game either?

Yeah, it's supposed to make M+ different week-by-week, and it does change how you tackle certain dungeons. As much as people bitch about Sanguine, it does change how you play and what talents you take. Same with Bursting. Volcanic and Explosives puts more pressure on you to be aware of your surrroundings etc.etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I found that the better seasonal affixes added enjoyment. And i think the secret to those is that the best ones all add extra tangible power increases. Stuff like the SL season 2 affix with the Torghast powers.

Really all affixes should have some good element. Quaking dealing damage to enemies as well to encourage efficient overlapping, or explosive giving a small buff when you remove one. Stuff to make each new week exciting for all the extra stuff you can do, instead of just annoyed at what mechanics you have to play around.

Also remove the Tyrannical and Fortified affixes.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Revamped Zul'Gurub is probably a complex enough dungeon to work well for M+. It would be on the longer side given it has five dungeon bosses (ignoring all the many named elites and the archeology event/Edge of Madness bosses) but it had so many unique mechanics.
    Light have mercy on a lot of players souls if it gets added to M+

Edit: I remember doing these with former guildies of mine at the time. It was rough at times but so were Cata Heroics >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Light have mercy on a lot of players souls if it gets added to M+

Edit: I remember doing these with former guildies of mine at the time. It was rough at times but so were Cata Heroics >.>
    While the place is huge, it's not really that heavy with trash. It would really depend on how cauldrons would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I found that the better seasonal affixes added enjoyment. And i think the secret to those is that the best ones all add extra tangible power increases. Stuff like the SL season 2 affix with the Torghast powers.
    SL 1, 2 and 4 seasonal fixes were decent since they mostly added positive things. Sure prideful hurt like hell when it spawned, but the power boost it gave was insane. SL S3 was meh, mostly just worse S2 with free CoS for all comps.

Ghuun worms were just annoying, as was Azshara and Bowsamdi. S4 was nice with the skip starts it enabled.

7+ Year Old Account
    SL 1, 2 and 4 seasonal fixes were decent since they mostly added positive things. Sure prideful hurt like hell when it spawned, but the power boost it gave was insane. SL S3 was meh, mostly just worse S2 with free CoS for all comps.

Ghuun worms were just annoying, as was Azshara and Bowsamdi. S4 was nice with the skip starts it enabled.
    BfA was a mixed bag with Infested and Baleful being notoriously crap and other two being much more enjoyable.

Prideful was sucky in a way that it forced you into a very specific path, and if you mismanage trash % and fuck up add spawning, it majorly fucks you up. S2 was w/e (Blizz wasted an opportunity of adding extra powers later). S3 was the best, with extra adds being relatively weak and getting nuked down with normal pulls.

But all in all, Thundering is pretty crap. It does not slow you down, but when add all the crapton mechanics we get in new dungeon, it is a mess.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Do you ever shut up about Tinkers? Jfc dude, sing a new tune already.
    It’s an inevitable class in WoW. That being the case, there will also be an expansion relating to that class. It might not occur in 12.0, but it’s going to happen at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It’s an inevitable class in WoW. That being the case, there will also be an expansion relating to that class. It might not occur in 12.0, but it’s going to happen at some point.
    The causality is inverted, however—I'm pretty sure that the expansion theme inspires the class, not that the class inspires the expansion. You can see this in how Blizzard wanted for so long to add Demon Hunters, but only did as late as Legion because they wanted to wait for an expansion to fit them. I think a Tinker would be most suitable for a World Revamp expansion or something else very general in nature, as I doubt an expansion could be carried on the Undermine alone.

I don't ever want a class that will only be suited for 2 races and stuff like that.

If they ever decide to add another one, it should be like monks or DK where most of people favorite races can be one, and with tinkers i don't see other races than gnomes and goblins being able to be one.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2023-02-23 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I don't ever want a class that will only be suited for 2 races and stuff like that.

If they ever decide to add another one, it should be like monks or DK where most of people favorite races can be one, and with tinkers i don't see other races than gnomes and goblins being able to be one.
    BE, Draenei, Dwarves, Forsaken, Mechagnomes, Vulpera, Humans and Orcs would also easily be suitable for a Tinker class imo.
    Not that I see any of that happening soon though

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    BE, Draenei, Dwarves, Forsaken, Mechagnomes, Vulpera, Humans and Orcs would also easily be suitable for a Tinker class imo.
    The question with a tinker class is how asset heavy it will be. Most people expect some form of mech spec after all. And that would only work well with race specific mechs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    This. Also tinkers are something that you can learn to be, so the Pandaren approach makes far more sense with them. Say that now that Horde and Alliance work together the Goblins and Gnomes create a new Tinker League or something and invite members of all races to create new exciting stuff together.

#TEAMGIRAFFE