Poll: Do you like Facebooks ads for Dragonflight?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    This is what Blizzard has been reduced to. Juvenile tiktok tier advertising.
    Except that TikTok is a market with more than 1 billion people. Do you think that people are watching commercial breaks on TV? Is that how they are supposed to this?

Or should they ignore the modern markets, and let the game die out?

You will be the reason why I quit MMO-C.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    We came from this:

To this cringe tiktok thing above.

These ads exactly shows how their final target audience has changed fast few years.
    No, thier target audience didn't change. The audiance itself changed. People are 18 years older today. That is a big difference.

Give me 1 thing in life that stays true for 18 years.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-12-03 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ads are certainly not cause of desperation. They probably just decided it was not good of an ad.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It's like fast food Twitter accounts, but somehow worse

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    It's like fast food Twitter accounts, but somehow worse
    At least fast food twitter accounts are actually funny.

Or shows how gen X and Ys who who built World of Warcraft have been replaced by zoomers who have no appreciation for the true Warcraft and are perverting it.
    Their main audience is still the old players. Like reddits self survey was something like 25-35 majority. The people who produced the game arent also necessary young. If anything cringe isnt just young kids but also old people trying to act hip.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiraser View Post
    Take a look at now hidden/deleted Facebook ads for Dragonflight. "Dragons" respond to criticism from Twitter users. Do you like these commercials or not and why? Do you play WoW: Dragonflight? I need your answers for a research of sorts.

I'll quote some wisdom for you:
    "If ye want to use us as guinea pigs 'least have the decency to pay us ye bastids!".
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Expect that kind of thing for a Private server tbh.

Good googly moogly these are dishearteningly awful.
    I`m not a fan of advertisements that come at the expense of it`s potential users.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Well, some financial reports cannot be made public while there is a sale on the go, just like the last quarterly meeting wasn't with all details but only main ones. We're most likely going to hear some numbers within the next meeting or mid-December.
    The SL first day sales numbers were announced on Devc. 8, 2020, some 15 days after SL released. So I shouldn't be too surprised the numbers aren't out yet.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The ads were fucking dumb, why someone thought that was a good idea I will never know.
    That being said, I do enjoy Dragonflight a lot, granted it is only the first week and Blizzard does have something to prove in terms of patch cadence, quality of patch content etc. But my initial impression is that it is off to a great start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they are not great ads. On the other hand they're short, they let people know something new is going on with WoW, they are appropriate to what passes for social media these days, and now that the expansion is out they don't need to be running any longer. Probably not deleted in the "ooooo, Blizzard is scared of us" sense, more likely seen as no longer necessary.

Much laughter at people who insult the company, the game, the developers and anyone who disagrees with their opinion every day at getting all insulted in the face of a mild pushback. Go lie on your fainting couches and take a nap.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2022-12-04 at 12:36 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    We came from this:

To this cringe tiktok thing above.

These ads exactly shows how their final target audience has changed fast few years.
    Hilariously bad take, considering how absolutely reviled the mohawk thing was at the time, and how it saw these exact same "game is dead, this is childish garbage" arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Hahahahaha. WoW even has its own boomers now, incredible. "No appreciation for true Warcraft" like back when Corpsegrinder called the Alliance "fuckin homos" and there was a reality TV competition to build a Warcraft themed motorbike - very cool to know that "true Warcraft" is the same as middle-aged men sitting around in their basement bar complaining about their wives and wishing they were part of a biker gang.

I think I prefer Zoomercraft, personally.
    I think I prefer the time where people weren't offended over everything.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No wonder the world is going to shit.... The amount of people in here that think these are actually real.....
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    No wonder the world is going to shit.... The amount of people in here that think these are actually real.....
    Uh, they were real. You can even find the defunct facebook links if you are so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I think I prefer the time where people weren't offended over everything.
    I'm not "offended" by this, I just think you're probably a degenerate if the best insult you have for people who select a different faction in a video game is "homo". Same goes if you think of slow, overly loud motorbikes as a "hobby". If this feels like I'm the one being offended to you, then I'm sorry I hurt your delicate feelings and I hope the big bad drag queens keep reading books to kids at your local library for a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    I'm not "offended" by this, I just think you're probably a degenerate if the best insult you have for people who select a different faction in a video game is "homo". Same goes if you think of slow, overly loud motorbikes as a "hobby". If this feels like I'm the one being offended to you, then I'm sorry I hurt your delicate feelings and I hope the big bad drag queens keep reading books to kids at your local library for a long while.
    Yeah, there's a difference between being edgy for the sake of being edgy and a grown man exposing their genitals to children.

Hope you can understand the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Uh, they were real. You can even find the defunct facebook links if you are so inclined.
    Okay, where then?

Don't ask others to find the supporting evidence for you. I mean, WoW's posts usually dominate my facebook feed and I've never seen a single one of these personally, they look iffy overall (Weird spacing for example on some of the time stamps of posts), and on top of that, the youtube channel is from the OP themselves?

Weirdly enough, googling the term "WoW Deleted Dragonflight ads" only yields this thread. The major result is about GW2 making ads indirectly mocking Dragonflight.

Looking into it even more, there's a reddit thread on some general MMO subreddit that has links that have urls that don't even mention where they came from. And there's a grand total of like, one article covering it.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2022-12-04 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Okay, where then?

Don't ask others to find the supporting evidence for you. I mean, WoW's posts usually dominate my facebook feed and I've never seen a single one of these personally, they look iffy overall (Weird spacing for example on some of the time stamps of posts), and on top of that, the youtube channel is from the OP themselves?

Weirdly enough, googling the term "WoW Deleted Dragonflight ads" only yields this thread. The major result is about GW2 making ads indirectly mocking Dragonflight.

Looking into it even more, there's a reddit thread on some general MMO subreddit that has links that have urls that don't even mention where they came from. And there's a grand total of like, one article covering it.
    facebook .com /WorldofWarcraft.eu/videos/2420624648075627/

You're a disengenuous little faggot ass nonce as per usual, but so is the OP, he made this exact thread on leddit and got his shit pushed in there too. Honestly surprised you havent died due to suffocation yet, what with your head being perpetually lodged up blizzards collective asses.
    These ads are/were absolutely real. They're were pathetic, so they were fitting for blizzard. Petulant little snide passive agressive clips of "owning" people rightfully criticizing a shit expansion with no content or major features.

This is what Blizzard has been reduced to. Juvenile tiktok tier advertising.
    "I'm Mr. T and I'm a night elf mohawk! Maybe Mr. T hacked the game and created a Mohawk class! Log in now to get your MOHAWK GRENADES!" - Based and mature