Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i'll just assume/hope OP is just being sarcastic and everyone replying is just misunderstanding...
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    She literally defeats Alex in the first zone...
    Not in boxing...

My biggest gripe is that Protodrakes are to Dragons what Troggs are to Dwarves, the derpy, malformed "Almost, but not quite"-versions, so a big, spiky Protoderp doesn't really impress much, but so far it's better than the Jailer's "My plans are so ineffable, *I* don't know what they are!"-schtick, so i'll settle for killing Raszageth, and finding out who the real baddie of the expansion is.

Dumb powerscaling aside, I kinda like how Raszageths story is kind of smaller and more personal. She's just a powerful being that's rightfully pissed at her kin for locking her in prison because she didn't support what was basically an alien invasion (Titans). No big schemes or millennia-long plans, just an angry turbodragon with slightly sympathetic reasons to be a villain.

Really good for a first patch imo, hope the Primalist storyline actually gets somewhere (you know, that they might be onto something, and titanic influece could be considered corruption and in some cases has to be fought off).

While I agree with OP outside the power level bs.. OP, you have to remember this is MMO Champ

Every villain sucks, everyone here can write a better one in their sleep and Blizzard never wrote anything good ever. Don't expect an honest, open discussion here. Just blind dislike for whatever blizzard does.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Dumb powerscaling aside, I kinda like how Raszageths story is kind of smaller and more personal. She's just a powerful being that's rightfully pissed at her kin for locking her in prison because she didn't support what was basically an alien invasion (Titans). No big schemes or millennia-long plans, just an angry turbodragon with slightly sympathetic reasons to be a villain.

Really good for a first patch imo, hope the Primalist storyline actually gets somewhere (you know, that they might be onto something, and titanic influece could be considered corruption and in some cases has to be fought off).
    An alien invasion of the world with said aliens living inside it. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    She literally defeats Alex in the first zone...
    The joke went right over your head, I see.

Let's try again: Razageth is not beating any of the aspects in a boxing match.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Looks cool but come on the corny voice acting and the cliche dialogue is a textbook paint by numbers villain.

All the most memorable stories in history have pretty standard villains.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Raszageth a.k.a the the Storm Eater, the Storm Bringer, the Storm Goddess.

So far she's proving to be a amazing villain in appearance, power, and motives.

Appearance - She looks very unique and interesting. A good mix between a dinosaur, dragon, duck, and bird.

Power - Easily one of the strongest villains we ever faced only behind Sargeras and N'zoth. Powerful enough that a single attack could one shot Alexstrasa and Kalyacos. Powerful enough to make Deathwing and his Elite army chicken out instead of facing her head on. Wind powers that makes the one from Ak'akvir look like child's play and lightning powers that makes Lei Shens lightning look like a amateur.

Motives - She's extreme but she has a point. Bring the world back to the natural order and down with the wicked magic! I agree with my storm goddess. You want fear? She's the fear! You want chaos? She's the chaos! You want a new beginning? She is the new beginning!
    What nonsense.

It's another boring nameless asspull villain like the Jailer.

Appearance sucks. Ugly protodrake with spikes. Protodrakes already are one of the ugliest dragons imaginable and Razsageth is even uglier.

Power - Didn't one shot Alexstrazsa, was actually going back and forth until Alexstrasza showed mercy and didn't want to kill her, that's why she lost. Take in mind this is post-Cataclysm Alexstrasza that lost most of her powers. So not that strong, not such a huge accomplishment for Razsageth. And as for Deathwing, he wasn't Deathwing at that point but Neltharion. His huge power boost came from either the Dragon Soul or by being supercharged by Old Gods during Cataclysm times. At the point of the video fighting Raszageth he wasn't nearly as strong as later on.

Motives don't make sense. These Primals use Elemental powers so they're Old God affiliated as opposed to the Titan affiliation of the Aspects. But Deathwing is also Old God affiliated making his fight with Razsageth stupid in-fighting by the Old Gods. They're hindering their own plans. Look at the Deathwing later on basically making Ragnaros his bitch, so what gives these so called Primals any leverage to be more of a threat than we already faced? We already defeated Deathwing (who was much stronger than these Primals) and we defeated the Old Gods themselves, which are the true masters of these Primals. We're just going backwards in power levels (which is a good thing, don't get me wrong) but don't try to make them stronger and cooler than they are. Primals aren't that special.

Primals are boring villains. They have nothing going for them. They're unoriginal, their powers are asspulled, their lore makes no sense and we've faced stronger enemies before and won so why should we be worried? It's just silly.

5+ Year Old Account
    thunderbird boss xd you know who is Elerethe Renferal? me nither but its one boss from emerald nightmare like thunder dragon from new raid

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    What nonsense.

It's another boring nameless asspull villain like the Jailer.

Appearance sucks. Ugly protodrake with spikes. Protodrakes already are one of the ugliest dragons imaginable and Razsageth is even uglier.

Power - Didn't one shot Alexstrazsa, was actually going back and forth until Alexstrasza showed mercy and didn't want to kill her, that's why she lost. Take in mind this is post-Cataclysm Alexstrasza that lost most of her powers. So not that strong, not such a huge accomplishment for Razsageth. And as for Deathwing, he wasn't Deathwing at that point but Neltharion. His huge power boost came from either the Dragon Soul or by being supercharged by Old Gods during Cataclysm times. At the point of the video fighting Raszageth he wasn't nearly as strong as later on.

Motives don't make sense. These Primals use Elemental powers so they're Old God affiliated as opposed to the Titan affiliation of the Aspects. But Deathwing is also Old God affiliated making his fight with Razsageth stupid in-fighting by the Old Gods. They're hindering their own plans. Look at the Deathwing later on basically making Ragnaros his bitch, so what gives these so called Primals any leverage to be more of a threat than we already faced? We already defeated Deathwing (who was much stronger than these Primals) and we defeated the Old Gods themselves, which are the true masters of these Primals. We're just going backwards in power levels (which is a good thing, don't get me wrong) but don't try to make them stronger and cooler than they are. Primals aren't that special.

Primals are boring villains. They have nothing going for them. They're unoriginal, their powers are asspulled, their lore makes no sense and we've faced stronger enemies before and won so why should we be worried? It's just silly.

Mostly agreed, except for the motives part. It could be we'll discover they really are manipulated by Old Gods later on, but so far they just mention elements. The elementals aren't inherently loyal to the Old Gods, they even fought them back before the Titans found Azeroth. It's just after being defeated and subjugated that they were forced to cooperate, we often see elementals who don't seem to want this servitude.

That said, we weren't yet told what those elemental forces actually want. Is there a good reason they detest Titan influence, or is it just a transmog preference of elmenetal spells vs arcane ones? Obviously for it to make sense it needs to be a good reason, but we havn't been provided one yet.

She and the primalists literally filler first tier boss until the real bad guys are revealed, like the Sha

This thread is satire, right?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    While I agree with OP outside the power level bs.. OP, you have to remember this is MMO Champ

Every villain sucks, everyone here can write a better one in their sleep and Blizzard never wrote anything good ever. Don't expect an honest, open discussion here. Just blind dislike for whatever blizzard does.
    Don't forget the new yacht measurement. The more yacht somebody owns, the more he stole from the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    What are you talking about with her power levels?

I'm not saying she's weak and I am enjoying the expansion but this is just a weird post with a weirder signature. Her power is, and this is made very clear repeatedly throughout the story, only particularly powerful compared to the Aspects who have been depowered; against the Aspects at their pinnacle she still seems like she'd be quite strong — see Deathwing's cinematic with her — but nowhere near this overwhelming on her own. Yet somehow power-wise you have decided that she's more powerful than the Jailor, who was shittily written but we're told on par with Sargeras, and that Deathwing who we had to sacrifice the power of the Aspects and get the Dragon Soul to have any chance against, is weaker than Elisande...

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I think you may be ranking these villains less on their power levels and more on who you enjoy. Nothing wrong with that, except the terminology you're using.
    This is what Larry does. Look at his past posts, he loves to create "power rankings" that intentionally rile people up with the sheer ridiculousness. He'll put Sylvanas or Garrosh as more powerful than Argus

Eh. Raszageth is nothing spectacular, but I don't think she's totally awful, either.

She's an ecoterrorist who wants the world to go back to the way it was before the Titans' interference changed the face of her home, a wild and primal wasteland where Galakrond was the apex predator, and everything else made way, because that's what she knows, and that's what she thinks is right. That's my initial interpretation of her character and her motives so far. Is she written that way? Eh. I feel like Raszageth's convictions could probably stand to be written a little bit better in some areas where she appears. But it's not as if she's 100% screechy. Her bitterness and conviction is probably seen best in what she says to Alexstrasza right before they really get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raszageth
    You forced the Titans' edicts upon us all. You betrayed the world that gave us life! And when we dared resist, you cast us out.
    Is she misguided? Yeah, a little bit. Is she nonsensically wrong? Nah, I don't think so.

I'm not even going to touch power levels and scaling though. I personally think that whole conversation of who is stronger than who, and who could beat who in a fight, is dumb as shit. We are always exactly as strong or weak as the story requires us to be, compared to the threat. This is one of the ropes that suspends my disbelief, and I'd rather not cut it, if I can help it. Just let me kill her so I can eventually ride a miniature version of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Generic protodragon with horns using a lightning/storm skin. Her motives are not killing Wrathion or Alextrasza because 'muahaha ill get you next time'

Ah, you are the guy with the terrible power levels sig. Nevermind
    The “I will let you live because” it’s of course a cliche caveat, but if only half of the WoW villains would have killed foes the first time they had a chance, there would not even be an Azeroth anymore nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    An alien invasion of the world with said aliens living inside it. Cool.
    Well, some aliens (Old Gods) came to Azeroth before then other ones (Teen Titans). Raszageth might have identified Old Gods just as a part of natural order of Primal Azeroth, and Titans swooping in to save the day as alien overlords, trying to impose their will upon the world. While she's mostly wrong, it's still a matter of perspective, and having her siblings join the outside force against her might have been a bit annoying.

This is probably one of the lamest villains tbh.

The deadmines vancleefs were more interesting

Dont get why we are fighting them at all….
    The aspacts did lock them away for thousands of years what basicly means we fight for the villians.
    If somebody locks you away and just let you rot away you would be pissed aswell when you get out.

And my faction the Horde also follow the way of the elements and shaman culture is the backbone of the faction what even connects us more with them then the aspacts.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2022-12-05 at 01:30 PM.