Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Smile DG Suggestions for DF Season 2 M+ rotations?

Greetings!

Which dungeons you woud like to see in DF S2 rotation?

I think it would be fun to do classic dungeons again.

Imagine Wailing Caverns +20?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitt View Post
    Greetings!

Blizz already said back in the day that MoP is probably the furthest we will go with past dungeons included into M+ season

Quote Originally Posted by Ludek View Post
    Blizz already said back in the day that MoP is probably the furthest we will go with past dungeons included into M+ season
    This. Though I could see some of the classic dungeons that were reworked in MoP as viable candidates. SM GY+Cath/Arm+Lib or Scholomance are perfectly viable candidates as they were also used for challenge mode.

They would likely need some changes to work, but no more than were necessary for HoV or ToJS.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I would like to think they have the creative ability to remaster older dungeons but they are likely looking at it from a copy / paste format to avoid spending to much dev time adjusting and creating new fights / trash mechanics. To fit the bill for a proper mythic plus dungeon it needs to have the following

Creative trash mechanics that should incentivize short term cc ( stuns ) but not feel required to complete excluding the point past reward

Layout or plans that allow some difference in how the dungeon is pulled

Boss fights that have 2-3 mechanics ( think WoTLK raid boss and prior for mechanical challenge in terms of number ) Look at the ToJS bosses as the top shelf of encounter complexity.

Trash that avoids the mistake kick spell, think the water guys in ToJS the only spell that should be kickable is the bubble burst one.

Every dungeon should be designed with the idea that addons are not required or even pursued to have an advantage at all. Balance the mechanical challenge around the middle of the road player not the best nor the worst. M+ is the pick up and play game mode where as the raiding can keep its try harding.

But that being said Blizzard should remaster 2-4 dungeons every single expansion since they have such a large backlog of them already built with just a small amount of tweaking or updating they can get a heavier ROI then creating something from the ground up. The ERA in which they came should not even matter in the slightest unless they are being lazy
    Last edited by jeezusisacasual; 2023-01-21 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    This. Though I could see some of the classic dungeons that were reworked in MoP as viable candidates. SM GY+Cath/Arm+Lib or Scholomance are perfectly viable candidates as they were also used for challenge mode.

They would likely need some changes to work, but no more than were necessary for HoV or ToJS.
    I don't know, graphically they were not reworked. One I fully expect is Neltharion's Lair. I think either Auchindoun or Skyreach will likely make it (though both are extremely linear) and I think Shado-Pan Monastery has promise.

Scarlet Monastery in general could easily be reworked into M+ dungeons the problem is blizz would consider them too short.

SPM is pretty much guaranteed at this point.

I'd like to see Everbloom or Skyreacharound from WoD. (Hell, maybe even the UBRS rework.)

Maw of Souls from Legion would be chill.

And Freehold from BfA would be pretty sweet too.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    To fit the bill for a proper mythic plus dungeon it needs to have the following
    I'll add one thing: make things distinctly visible. I'm fed up with some mechanics difficulty being to see what's actually going on. All those white on white or dark on dark stuff on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I'll add one thing: make things distinctly visible. I'm fed up with some mechanics difficulty being to see what's actually going on. All those white on white or dark on dark stuff on the ground.
    I agree and why not allow me to turn off others visual effects. The fact that the game has a bukkake of visual nonsense does not make it any less confusing to see shit from the overlap of floor based effects.

I'd argue RFD could easily be added to the rotation. It repurposed in WoD with a more modern design and has a standard boss format.

Personally I'd love to see if SFK and DM could ever add the M+ pool. The heroic versions were such a blast in Cataclysm I'd love to see them used again if possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    personally I would love to see the 3 end times dungeons, The Nexus, and maybe The Oculus (would be cool if they re did the dragons here as well), all would be interesting

Unlikely they go pre-MoP but Vortex Pinnacle would be cool.

The second set of dungeons from DF include Brackenhide and Neltharus which have a lot of trash and thus routes will be fairly important and Uldaman and Halls which are very much linear. So I think the added dungeons should be a similar mix of two fairly linear plus two more complex.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Unlikely they go pre-MoP but Vortex Pinnacle would be cool.
    One of the few Cata dungeons that are truly impressive graphically. And the trash in that dungeon can be very challenging even if routing will likely be easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're talking Wrath, I'd love to see the ICC dungeons return. I still think those three dungeons were some of the best Blizzard's done. They also weren't terribly long, they're pretty "modern" in that sense.

I know Blizzard right now isn't looking pre-MoP, but if they change their mind or update some older ones, I hope those three find their way back.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

I'd like to see:

- Blackrock Caverns (Cata)
    - Scholomance (MoP)
    - Upper Blockrock Spire (WoD)
    - Eye of Aszhara (Legion)

Quote Originally Posted by Nitt View Post
    Greetings!

Which dungeons you woud like to see in DF S2 rotation?

The problem with that is, that these dungeons are way to basic for current standards.

I'd like updated UBRS, DT, EoA, and Underrot.

thematically, End Time would be a great fit for the expansion
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

End Time would be absolutely awesome
    And remove temple of jade serpent, I hate that dung so much

I hope the non-DF dungeons will be short, because we are looking at 4 very long dungeons coming - Halls of Infusion, Neltharius, Uldaman and Brackenhide Hallow are minimum of 35-40 min timers and a LOT, LOT of running.

Brackenhide Hallow on both tyrannical and fortified looks already like a nightmare.

Yeah, thought about that too.

Maybe they could add one or two mechanics to those bosses.

But i would love to see some more classic dungeons alive.

Wailing Caverns, Shadowfang Keep, Razorfen Downs/Kraul, Dire Maul, etc... Are all dgs that i love and would love to see them in m+ rotation.