10+ Year Old Account

Time Rifts all over the world?

What if all the old world maps, vanilla to shadowlands had rotating and event-timed WQ's with a "Time Rift Portal" icon on the map when event was running, when you went there you could step into a portal to a "alternative" version bubble of that area and do the quests that are already there but they would be slightly altered by "time" in different ways and give current rewards.

This could be a cost effective way to reuse previous expansions and tie the world together.

Could also fit theme of current expansion.

Would work something like a combination of the invasions from legion, timewalking and the time questline from df.

Personally I have issue with them reusing a part of any expansion, including vanilla, when it makes sense. They have done this on a micro scale with expansion ore launch events, and if I'm completely honest, it always felt a bit.....weird.

What DID make sense was cats - not only was there the revamp, but they made it make sense (for the most part). I'm not expecting them to do that again, although I would welcome it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Personally I have issue with them reusing a part of any expansion, including vanilla, when it makes sense. They have done this on a micro scale with expansion ore launch events, and if I'm completely honest, it always felt a bit.....weird.

What DID make sense was cats - not only was there the revamp, but they made it make sense (for the most part). I'm not expecting them to do that again, although I would welcome it.
    I think wow needs another cata expansion. A world revamp and an entirely new leveling experience for 1-max. ( using chromie to visit everything in the past ). But using the scale and even the idea of dragonriding in mind? Could be awesome. And the team as a lot bigger than it was during cata dev time