Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mortalblow View Post
    Yep, and thats exactly my point. And i do not understand why some people wonder i do not see any use to continue to play if i hit the best possible reward level for the gameplay i chose to play and if i maxed out factions.
    Yes, I dont understand either. Why you keep going about it. I mean, you are obviously bored of the game and has already unsubbed. You dont want to do content that rewards good gear either. You have reached your character max potential for your gameplay, by your own choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    I mean sure if you want to broadly speak then it's all meaningless purple pixels that we shouldn't care about.

But in the commonly accepted definition of "borrowed power" (aka Artifacts, Heart of Azeroth, Shards of Domination), those systems actually are instances where player power progression is removed unlike gear.

A 395 ilv item still provides some stats that are unchanged (until the next item squish) where as the Artifact was "burned out", Heart no longer works (not even on the Dragon Isles which are on Azeroth), and Shards actually became depowered in 7.3 (didn't even make it out of SL before they were turned off).

I raise you MoP CM Class sets. They offered no power benefits but were amazing transmogs. Truly a rewarding system based on the skill required to complete all MoP dungeons in CM mode. Yes, they could be cheesed slightly by spending the time to create a maximum socket build but that's not nearly as OP as say Mage Tower CM for the artifact appearances especially when the artifacts were "supercharged".

- - - Updated - - -

You can get 4 primal infusions from "finishing" the renown of the 4 major factions in DF. No need to step into raid or M+.
    I said "further" power infusion. By that I meant further than what open world gives you.

Well, do you know about any source in world quest gameplay other than world bosses which drops gear higher than ilevel 390?

If, please share it
    Yes, storms fury, and max level renown rewards for all 4 reputations.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    This is truly, deeply, the most boring expansion since WoD. I love wow, I love playing my alts. Dragonflight made it the most boring grind fest we’ve had in years. I don’t mean I’m tired of the game - I mean that this content is boring because it is not dynamic at all, it’s just button smashing and there is no story after you complete the main quest, no fun things to work toward. I did the renown already and it was so unexciting from content to rewards.

I know a lot of people are gonna come back with “you’re just bored of wow,” or whatever else you want to think. But it’s not that. It’s that there is no fun content to do unless you’re a raider or a mythic dungeoneer. It’s honestly kind of heartbreaking, because I was SO EXCITED for this expansion. A return to Azeroth, adventure! A return to more fun times, exploring! But no. What we got is the actual most boring grind I can remember since the first three expansions. I log on, and I want stuff to do and accomplish with my alts, but there is nothing. Renown? Already did it and there’s no reason to do it again. Raiding? Not my thing. Farming rares? …. Just no.

Aside from gearing up and smashing buttons at mobs and bosses, there is nearly nothing to do, even if it is a beautiful continent and fun to explore.

I miss having different campaigns to work through when I felt like it. I miss having mission tables, because I could do them when I wanted, and ignore them when I wanted. I miss all the things people cried about to remove, because y’all scream “UGH THE REQUIRED GRIND” even though it was NEVER required and it was always just content for people who wanted it.

It’s just honestly amazing to me to hear all these complainers about “not listening to players” even though their game was perfectly successful and I enjoyed it for almost two decades, along with literally millions of other players. And now that these things have been taken away, I’m sad to see how boring the game is when all you can do is literally press buttons without having to pay attention at all.

This isn’t me telling Blizzard how to do their thing, but it is the expression of “what a bummer” from a player who has always loved this game. This expansion really sucks for players who don’t only care about raiding or mythics, and actually want story and goals and content to play through outside of that!

Don’t @ me cause I’m not gonna argue with anyone or reply, I’m just hoping some devs see and hear players like me who are bummed out and miss playing our alts and having anything to do on them.

Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    They did have a plan. Called MC, AQ and Naxx. What are you talking about?
    Uuuh... you might want to revise your claim about them "having a plan", especially since the Molten Core raid was literally created, from scratch, in less than a week because the original idea for the Molten Core was to be just a singular room in the BRD instance, and not a full-fledged raid instance, not to mention it was almost cut altogether. It was assembled into a raid almost as an afterthought because "they needed a big raid".

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonn View Post
    This is truly, deeply, the most boring expansion since WoD. I love wow, I love playing my alts. Dragonflight made it the most boring grind fest we’ve had in years. I don’t mean I’m tired of the game - I mean that this content is boring because it is not dynamic at all, it’s just button smashing and there is no story after you complete the main quest, no fun things to work toward. I did the renown already and it was so unexciting from content to rewards.

I know a lot of people are gonna come back with “you’re just bored of wow,” or whatever else you want to think. But it’s not that. It’s that there is no fun content to do unless you’re a raider or a mythic dungeoneer. It’s honestly kind of heartbreaking, because I was SO EXCITED for this expansion. A return to Azeroth, adventure! A return to more fun times, exploring! But no. What we got is the actual most boring grind I can remember since the first three expansions. I log on, and I want stuff to do and accomplish with my alts, but there is nothing. Renown? Already did it and there’s no reason to do it again. Raiding? Not my thing. Farming rares? …. Just no.

Aside from gearing up and smashing buttons at mobs and bosses, there is nearly nothing to do, even if it is a beautiful continent and fun to explore.

I miss having different campaigns to work through when I felt like it. I miss having mission tables, because I could do them when I wanted, and ignore them when I wanted. I miss all the things people cried about to remove, because y’all scream “UGH THE REQUIRED GRIND” even though it was NEVER required and it was always just content for people who wanted it.

It’s just honestly amazing to me to hear all these complainers about “not listening to players” even though their game was perfectly successful and I enjoyed it for almost two decades, along with literally millions of other players. And now that these things have been taken away, I’m sad to see how boring the game is when all you can do is literally press buttons without having to pay attention at all.

This isn’t me telling Blizzard how to do their thing, but it is the expression of “what a bummer” from a player who has always loved this game. This expansion really sucks for players who don’t only care about raiding or mythics, and actually want story and goals and content to play through outside of that!

Don’t @ me cause I’m not gonna argue with anyone or reply, I’m just hoping some devs see and hear players like me who are bummed out and miss playing our alts and having anything to do on them.
    100% agreed

Once I'm down farming SL Raids for transmog gear, I'll be done with DF until 10.1 whenever that's coming?

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Of course it is, and there avenues to progress your character. Thing is, you refuse to do it. Thats a player issue, not game issue.
    Well, i refuse to play gameplay i do not like (currently). Which is raids and mythic+. And i should be allowed to do so.
    Now, I'm not saying @crusadernero is guilty of this ... but I find it so ironic that when confronted with casual/WQ/solo players who want methods to advance their power so many raider/M+ types will say "The rewards are there, you just refuse to do that content. That's your problem". And, predictably, so many of these same people when confronted by things like Titanforging or BiS trinkets in LFR or Artifact Power or whatever gives power in the content they don't want to do will screech about how they're being "forced" into the content they don't want to do.

5+ Year Old Account
    How would that help? People would still be bored, but kept on grinding patch after patch. If people are already tierd of the gameplay, AP or titanforging wont help. Its still the same stuff, but it forces you to keep playing.

Honestly, thats probably why Blizzard and wow has lost players over the years. Think about it for a second. Ever since Legion and all the way to SL, there was some sort of AP/leggo/TF grind that told you to keep on going. Xpac after xpac, patch after patch. Grind grind grind. At a certain point, people just dont become bored of the game, they start to actually hate & despise it. As such, the chances of them coming back are lower and lower. The game has made ppl bitter and angry and left a sour taste, instead of "Hey, this was cool for a while. Now im a bit bored, but i'll be back later for sure".

Theres literally NOTHING wrong with getting bored and find yourself without anything worthwhile to do(for you), after a couple of months into a xpac/patch.
    I have no reason to log in, because I can no longer get items or upgrades.

Therefore the game sucks.

If I can't get items/player power upgrades, the game sucks.

Titanforging and AP would give me items and player power upgrades to chase.

And no I do not play and will not play alts.

I was bored after 2 months of BFA. I was unsubbed 2 months into SL. I'm still having fun with DF and nearing up gear capping my DK before beginning to play around with my Druid alt more. I'm happy gearing up my DK through M+ and not having to raid to have a competitively geared char. Looking forward to 10.0.7

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    As spacetroll quoted me, and I said exactly in my post: orb farming.

The bulk of the money came from glowing titan orbs. I knew that come raid release, new weapons meant enchants. I held on to almost 40 orbs and sold em. Made over 500k simply from that. I literally sold every single thing I got while the prices were high. I'd say 50-60% of the 25 tokens was orbs, the rest was everything else that would sell. I was farming signets and marks and holy fuck do I ever regret doing that. Shoulda been an orb farmer the entire time. Could have easily cleared 50 tokens doing that.
    Where do you get orbs from?

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    Now, I'm not saying @crusadernero is guilty of this ... but I find it so ironic that when confronted with casual/WQ/solo players who want methods to advance their power so many raider/M+ types will say "The rewards are there, you just refuse to do that content. That's your problem". And, predictably, so many of these same people when confronted by things like Titanforging or BiS trinkets in LFR or Artifact Power or whatever gives power in the content they don't want to do will screech about how they're being "forced" into the content they don't want to do.
    I love how you acknowledge these players as outdoor casual and solo players and in the other half of your sentence you present them instanced, hard/"hard" group content as alternative. Hilarious. I wonder how this conversation continues.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    But the rewards are there to obtain. Thats the point. wow has always done it this way, were ok gear is obtained from dungeons(except m+) and world content. If you wanted to progress beyond that, theres arena, m+, raids or proffessions.

What do you think would happen if WQs gave progressivly better and better gear? People would just do that instead of group activities. Clearly Blizzard prefers people coming together in grps to obtain better gear, as per the MMORPG formula. If I want the rep & rewards from the factions in DF, I gotta do world content either I want to or not. I cant do m+ and farm rep, cosmetics and mounts from them. Blizzard has given me a way to obtain it, and its up to be if I want to engage with it.

TF & good trinkets is another discussion as I see it. Personally, never really cared that much about it either. It did bring some degen gameplay, but thats probably a player issue more than anything else.

I highly suspect many in this thread just want a 100% solo wow experience from lvl 1 to max and once they reach endgame they still want nothing to do with others. All the while obtaining good gear that always gets better and better. From activities such as collecting flowers, fishing and dragon race.

Theres lots and lots of stuff to obtain and work for in this game. The gameplay and features are there for anyone to obtain. Now, if a players cant be bothered with it, I see no reason to bitch and moan about it when they took an active choice not to engage in the content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post

Welcome back in 10.1.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    "I play every world of warcraft patch and hate them all, and even though i know i hate the game i feel that I absolutely must play every new patch just to tell people on mmo-champ about how bad it was and how it managed to keep me busy for 2 months, while hating every second of it. (way more than the moneys worth in game hours really) and whenever blizzard drops a 6 month sub mount I can't resist the temptation of not buying it, only to cry about it also on mmo-champion because otherwise i would not have paid for those months, only being glued to my character and alts for 2 months max.
    I have like NOTHING to do or NOTHING to chase after, wtf is there even to do in this game after 2 months of grinding m+ and gearing up to the point where i feel like i've reached a pinnacle after which it's either too hard for me to progress further or I just feel burnt out of the current content?!?!?!?
    " - Literally everyone on this forum.

If a game keeps you busy for even a week it's worth the money. How are you all so ungreatful. How long do you expect a patch to keep you busy? You jump in, see what's new, get your times worth in game hours spent and activities done, grind out your ksm or aotc or whatever casual andy stuff you want to do, get bored, take a break until next patch. This is the cycle of WoW, always has been. I don't think i've ever fully played a patch start to finish, and i'm certan atleast 75% of the playerbase does the same (yes random statistics taken out of my arse, i know you lot love those).

I don't get why you guys even come back to the game if it's SOO BAD . Oh, right, you do it to whine on mmo-champion about how bad the time you spent in azeroth was and how magical it was back in wotlk or mop or whatever nostalgia patch you have on your mind from 15 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonn View Post
    -snip-(
    This reeks of nostalgia tinted goggles

- - - Updated - - -

Is it really wrong to feel like you have accomplished your goals and have "finished" a patch rather than having a carrot on a stick that taunts you infinitely? I feel great when i reach the point where I consider that i "finished' the game / current content.
    Last edited by Runicblood; 2023-02-23 at 07:17 AM.
    I 3d print stuff

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runicblood View Post

Is it really wrong to feel like you have accomplished your goals and have "finished" a patch rather than having a carrot on a stick that taunts you infinitely? I feel great when i reach the point where I consider that i "finished' the game / current content.
    YES! Because I want to play the game, but unless I play alts (which I don't like) I have nothing to work towards anymore. Well nothing that I care about anyway, sure I could go do achivements or some stuff but I love getting gear and power.

It feels so bad knowing that no matter how many dungeons I do in a week I still have a 0% chance of getting an item lvl upgrade out of the actual dungeons, like what the hell.

10+ Year Old Account

And I guess that's YOUR opinion which is perfectly acceptable. But others would say that an infinite grind (a la Legion or BFA) is also makes the game suck because you can never actually reach an end-point without FOMO on the next upgrade however small it may be.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    YES! Because I want to play the game, but unless I play alts (which I don't like) I have nothing to work towards anymore. Well nothing that I care about anyway, sure I could go do achivements or some stuff but I love getting gear and power.

It feels so bad knowing that no matter how many dungeons I do in a week I still have a 0% chance of getting an item lvl upgrade out of the actual dungeons, like what the hell.
    Good luck finding anything that will keep you forever busy
    I 3d print stuff

5+ Year Old Account
    Good luck finding anything that will keep you forever busy
    It was called Legion.

And it was glorious. Never unsubbed, never took a break. Over 1000 Eye of Azshara keys alone over the course of the expansion.

Those were the good days.

But alas, Blizzard prefers to design a game for people who want to quit the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    And I guess that's YOUR opinion which is perfectly acceptable. But others would say that an infinite grind (a la Legion or BFA) is also makes the game suck because you can never actually reach an end-point without FOMO on the next upgrade however small it may be.
    You bet it's my opinion. And I stand by it. Removing titanforging/AP made the game worse for me. And for many others too, I know several players in my guild who feel the same way and are currently moaning about there being nothing to do (except raidlog).

Blizzard should not alienate players who want to actually keep playing their game. They should throw us a bone at least and bring back a less powerful version of TF/AP. Like putting the "Very Rare" items into mythic + dungeons.

"I play every world of warcraft patch and hate them all, and even though i know i hate the game i feel that I absolutely must play every new patch just to tell people on mmo-champ about how bad it was and how it managed to keep me busy for 2 months, while hating every second of it. (way more than the moneys worth in game hours really) and whenever blizzard drops a 6 month sub mount I can't resist the temptation of not buying it, only to cry about it also on mmo-champion because otherwise i would not have paid for those months, only being glued to my character and alts for 2 months max.
    I have like NOTHING to do or NOTHING to chase after, wtf is there even to do in this game after 2 months of grinding m+ and gearing up to the point where i feel like i've reached a pinnacle after which it's either too hard for me to progress further or I just feel burnt out of the current content?!?!?!?
    " - Literally everyone on this forum.

If a game keeps you busy for even a week it's worth the money. How are you all so ungreatful. How long do you expect a patch to keep you busy? You jump in, see what's new, get your times worth in game hours spent and activities done, grind out your ksm or aotc or whatever casual andy stuff you want to do, get bored, take a break until next patch. This is the cycle of WoW, always has been. I don't think i've ever fully played a patch start to finish, and i'm certan atleast 75% of the playerbase does the same (yes random statistics taken out of my arse, i know you lot love those).

I don't get why you guys even come back to the game if it's SOO BAD . Oh, right, you do it to whine on mmo-champion about how bad the time you spent in azeroth was and how magical it was back in wotlk or mop or whatever nostalgia patch you have on your mind from 15 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Sums it up perfectly. Getting a couple of months out of each patch is good enough. if someone are getting bored or feel "finished" after 2-3 months,thats fine. Theres content to do and keep going, but if nothing of that is of interest - just unsub for a while.

Literally nothing wrong with it. Maybe the game is not supposed to be played 24/7 every week, all year long.

After I reached 2k m+ rating on my hunter, i've felt somewhat "done" with DF. I dabble with alts, mostly just getting them to 70. I will keep the sub though cause I raid 1-2 times a week with my guild and its so fun doing it with cool people. Beyond that, I play less now than a couple of weeks ago. And thats fine.

- - - Updated - - -

It was called Legion.

And it was glorious. Never unsubbed, never took a break. Over 1000 Eye of Azshara keys alone over the course of the expansion.

Those were the good days.

But alas, Blizzard prefers to design a game for people who want to quit the game.

- - - Updated - - -

You bet it's my opinion. And I stand by it. Removing titanforging/AP made the game worse for me. And for many others too, I know several players in my guild who feel the same way and are currently moaning about there being nothing to do (except raidlog).

Blizzard should not alienate players who want to actually keep playing their game. They should throw us a bone at least and bring back a less powerful version of TF/AP. Like putting the "Very Rare" items into mythic + dungeons.
    Whats stopping you from doing 1000 m+ runs in DF? Nothing.

5+ Year Old Account

Whats stopping you from doing 1000 m+ runs in DF? Nothing.
    The fact that I can't get any meaningful upgrade.

I have 420 ilvl, dungeons drop 415 (with valor upgrade). Therefore dungeons are useless.

I didn't do Eye of Azshara 1000 times because I had nothing to gain. I did it 1000 times because I was farming the Titanforged Artifact Weapon Relic and some other stuff.

The fact that I can't get any meaningful upgrade.

I have 420 ilvl, dungeons drop 415 (with valor upgrade). Therefore dungeons are useless.
    If you have 420 ilevel now, you aint the average wow player. Not even slightly close. Not by a looooooong shot. You want AP & TF, gameplay mechanics that esentially promotes unhealthy & degen behaviour.

Dont even bother coming with "I play 15 minutes a night doing m+ 25 keys with friends, so I dont play alot". Getting 420 ilevel requires some skill & time investment, something most players dont have or want to bother with.

Besides, soon a minor patch comes out. 10.1 is probably coming in april, about max 2 months time. If you decided to go hard early from DF and do everything you wanted to do in good time before next patch, cool!

Its much, much better to have wow were you can feel "finished" instead of always chasing upgrades.

I have no idea why you favour AP grinds so much. The content now is the same, but you can choose to do it or not. With AP, a player couldnt.