Thread: Wow youtubers?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Wow youtubers?

What "Wow" youtubers do you watch and why?

I feel like most YouTubers that did wow content quit Youtube, changed to another game or make less and less content

Right now only Megasett, learning how to play monk healer and I'm having a lot fun with it.

When there's a race I just watch Echo's twitch or maximum.

In general I think wow YouTubers weren't that popular in the first place, so it's better playing other games to get more money.

That's basically Elxocas in Spain for example, he only plays wow during major patches in classic or expansion releases in retail.

Captain Grim for his machinimas. I occasionally listen to Preach's drama time podcast.

I'll occasionally watch Asmongold for the no-bullshit takes on various ideas. His react videos aren't particularly original, but he covers a wide array of content that appeals to me.

None. Never understood the appeal.

10+ Year Old Account
    These days just the occasional Captain Grim machinima video.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

10+ Year Old Account
    Checking the none box as well. I don't find streamers entertaining at all. Their opinions mean as little to me as those of movie critics. If I like a game, I play it, if not, I don't
    Outside of brief research to make sure a game isn't riddled with performance issues, I don't care what anyone else thinks.

I would never sit there and watch another person play a video game on YouTube, when I can be doing it myself on my own computer. Makes no sense.

Unless it's a tutorial to learn about a class spec or dungeon run.

Preach for Drama Time. That's basically it.

Havnt watched a "wow youtuber" for a VERY long time. Im aware of them, and sometimes watch clips that are posted here or whatever, but honestly its been forever. I watched TB (RIP) but stopped when he complained the game had become "too easy" while struggling his way through normal raids. Preach was ok for a small window, but never really got into his stuff. More recently i tried to watch that dude and chick, E something and T something, but i honestly find them extremely cringe and lost interest very quickly.

Truth is, i just lost interest in that part of the "community". Even when i still enjoyed playing the game, i had completely lost interest in that additional shit. Oh, sometimes i watch that pally - Rextroy? something like that. I enjoy watching him completely break the game, thats about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Captain Grim and Platinum WoW because they make the most enjoyable content. I don't care about learning the game or watch someone else play, that isn't fun to me.

I watch random videos actually. Apperently though i'm not much interested in wow things cause i don't get many recommemdations about it, but generally i have an idea of what's going on due to generic gaming news videos where something about WoW pops up.

If i like a game i usually play it and not watch someone else doing it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Hazeluntty, Signs of Kelani, Kraken Latte, Quazii, Naoh, Darkmech and a cpl more I'm subbed to but post a lot less.

none really. they are all doing it wrong. they are using wow for self-promotion instead of actually playing the game.

i am in a fantasy football league. the GM who runs it is the typical introverted, grumpy gossip that pretty much hates people are struggled to fill out the league. i joined, saw that, and said "this just needs fixing" and added a slew of social elements because people naturally love social play. everyone suddenly had the time of their lives and were clamoring to make me GM lol. but i know how people are and introverted people should not be in positions of leadership. they suck in everything, in the workplaces and in games.

ive thought about making an actual genuine wow stream or channel of my own that is actually social but i work for a living. i know exactly what it needs tho.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

There aren't a lot of watchworthy channels left. Most "content creators" (hate the word, really) seem to either sugarcoat everything to not incense the companies or the algorithm or create drama on purpose. "Real" neutral gaming journalism died out 120 years ago, at least it feels this way. Also "everything is awesome if I'm paid" conflict.

I enjoy Hazel's videos because she doesn't do the clickbait thumbnails/titles and just delivers news or tips in a chill way. I also like the fact that she also cares about collectables and pet battles, the sort of minor features that some other channels don't care about.

Used to watch Drama Time religiously as well but I soured a bit on Preach in SL when he went on his full crusade of "everything Warcraft is bad". He seems better now judging by recent videos so I might dip into some content again. I like his humor and Drama Time was always gold but I just didn't see any good reason to keep watching when all his videos were "This is why FF is better than WoW" for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Used to watch Drama Time religiously as well but I soured a bit on Preach in SL when he went on his full crusade of "everything Warcraft is bad". He seems better now judging by recent videos so I might dip into some content again. I like his humor and Drama Time was always gold but I just didn't see any good reason to keep watching when all his videos were "This is why FF is better than WoW" for a while.
    What world are we living in where Preach went, "Everything in Warcraft is bad" and all his videos were "This is why FF is better than WoW" ?????????

Can y'all stop laughably exaggerating every single time somebody likes something more in another game than in WoW. Even in his video where he talks about he's not covering WoW anymore was him talking about how he still has fun raiding and plans to continue raiding even after that video.

And even in his FF14 videos, at least the ones where he'd talk about stuff that wasn't the story, he would bring up stuff that he liked in WoW over FF14.

People love to pretend they watched him when they so obviously didn't. Or they're just lying. Take your pick of either. All because he had the audacity to play another game. It's crazy.
    Last edited by Arlette; 2023-01-28 at 08:13 AM.

Kalamazi - professsional WL content
    Archvaldor - exploits
    Just discipline - disc priest dungeon runs
    Quazii WoW - M+ tips and tricks

10+ Year Old Account
    Before I quit WoW in Shadowlands I watched regularly different WoW-streamers and videos. Now I returned for Dragonflight and I'm not watching very much of these videos anymore. Sometimes a short guide or some news.

Many of these videos have to much information packed in 10 minutes that I have to go read a guide anyway someday. Others are just streamed content cut to a video and I have problems to catch on what is really said to a topic and not blabla to the chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobbel, Hazeluntty, Taliesin & Evitel, Bellular, and Captain Grim?

I follow a lot more but they aren't directly WoW anymore, and a lot more who aren't doing content anymore.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..