Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I play WoW for escapism, not to see pink/blue hair

https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-hum...-10-0-7-331250

So humans will be able to have colored hair now.

Before any right wingers start bitching about woke people with colored hair, this is not that kind of thread.

This is a thread about how the fantasy elements in WoW need to be preserved, not thrown away so the new devs can make their character have hair color like their real life self.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is bloody hair color. You are in a world where pink and blue hair is a thing already done by other races, so why not have the ability to mimic and offer the service to other races?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Trunks has purple hair. Ijs fantasy has evolved over the years. The "old ways" are dissolved. Does it really hurt anything to see pink or purple hair?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure this thread will go places

Actually, given how rare these weird hairs colors are IRL outside of rightwing rage posts, I'd say they belong more in a fantasy setting.

Gnomes have been able to have crazy coloured hair since the start. I don't think it's anything to do with the devs or "woke" shit. The gnomes are finally sharing their hair dyeing technology with humans.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Humans and Orcs are probably some of the least played races... if this little customization gets more Humans and Orcs into a game made famous for being about Humans and Orcs then bravo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    It is bloody hair color. You are in a world where pink and blue hair is a thing already done by other races, so why not have the ability to mimic and offer the service to other races?
    Other races aren't human so it's natural for them to not have human hair colors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Gnomes have been able to have crazy coloured hair since the start. I don't think it's anything to do with the devs or "woke" shit. The gnomes are finally sharing their hair dyeing technology with humans.
    Gives aren't humans. Their colored hair could be their natural hair. This is not the case for humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Other races aren't human so it's natural for them to not have human hair colors.
    And it is only natural for Gnomes and Goblins to make business, and humans being humans, are curious creatures too, and thus a business service can become a purchase, and there you go, a different hair color.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Idk, I see a lot less pink and blue hair in reality.. I would think seeing standard brown and blonds would be more rooted preventing escaping this cruel world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegonir View Post
    Trunks has purple hair. Ijs fantasy has evolved over the years. The "old ways" are dissolved. Does it really hurt anything to see pink or purple hair?
    Anime is not the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Gives aren't humans. Their colored hair could be their natural hair. This is not the case for humans.
    Any proof it's natural hair colour for gnomes? You do know dye can exist in fantasy settings, right? From clothing to hair lol it's totally normal
    Also, these are humans in a fantasy world. Who's to say what natural hair colours these fantasy humans can have? It's not the real world.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Idk, I see a lot less pink and blue hair in reality.. I would think seeing standard brown and blonds would be more rooted preventing escaping this cruel world.
    This. ^

OP: I play wow for escapism!
    also OP: Stop ruining realism!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Wow humans have next to nothing to do with actual humans these Colors could be just as natural as the other Titan forged cursed with flesh.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

This is a thread about how the fantasy elements in WoW need to be preserved, not thrown away so the new devs can make their character have hair color like their real life self.
    Ah yes, fantasy elements such as the inability to use hair dyes for some reason.

Seriously, do me a favor and look up the definition of the word "fantasy"

There's zero reason that hair color and the like are not on sliders or full rgb selection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Any proof it's natural hair colour for gnomes? You do know dye can exist in fantasy settings, right? From clothing to hair lol it's totally normal
    Also, these are humans in a fantasy world. Who's to say what natural hair colours these fantasy humans can have? It's not the real world.
    Any proof gnome hair is dyed? Without it it's far more reasonable to assume fantasy races will naturally have appearances different from humans.

So by your logic, humans can have tusks and green skin and we should all be cool with it because it's fantasy.

One would argue that pink/blue hair ADDS to escapism and doesn't substract from it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    Ah yes, fantasy elements such as the inability to use hair dyes for some reason.

Seriously, do me a favor and look up the definition of the word "fantasy"
    Hair dye belong in fantasy as much as open heart surgery.

So by your logic, humans can have tusks and green skin and we should all be cool with it because it's fantasy.
    Operating under your logic that humans in wow doing things that humans IRL do ruins escapism... having tusks and being green would be the preferred option.