Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Metzen rejoining wow team.

https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic...from-warcraft/

- - - Updated - - -

This is fantastic news. Its been a few years and his kids are older, so i guess he missed it? Either that or they made him an offer he cant refuse to come back and save the Warcraft narrative Universe?

Well that's something I didn't excepted to see when I woke up.

Dunno what to think about it, has anyone any experience with his recent work ?
    MMO Champs :

As of recently Warcraft has definitely been missing Metzen's signature heavy metal style of storytelling, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

He's only back as a creative advisor. Danuser is still free to create trashfire dialogue, incoherent plot sequences and unlikeable characters as he pleases.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    He's only back as a creative advisor. Danuser is still free to create trashfire dialogue, incoherent plot sequences and unlikeable characters as he pleases.
    Implying Metzen didn't also do this.

Intelligent Systems hired a manga writer for Fire Emblem Fates, who wound up writing 500 pages for each route. Intelligent Systems then disregarded everything he wrote and proceeded to implement their own awful story. Bringing good writers on board means jack all unless you are willing to actually use them.

If nothing else, I just want to see him at Blizzcon again.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Intelligent Systems hired a manga writer for Fire Emblem Fates, who wound up writing 500 pages for each route. Intelligent Systems then disregarded everything he wrote and proceeded to implement their own awful story. Bringing good writers on board means jack all unless you are willing to actually use them.
    Blizzard has never had good writing is my point. It's like being mad comic book stories have been shit until the mid 2010s. Just a waste of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLion View Post
    Blizzard has never had good writing is my point. It's like being mad comic book stories have been shit until the mid 2010s. Just a waste of energy.
    You sound like someone who hasn't kicked this revolution into overdrive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DechCJC View Post
    If nothing else, I just want to see him at Blizzcon again.
    This is the actual benefit. Whatever can be said about him as a writer, as a hype man Metzen was and is unmatched.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

TBF the writing for WoW isn't why people loved WoW.

You can have the best story in the world and if the disparities that are in WoW are still present ain't no creative advisor saving you.
    Go Phillies. Go Eagles. Go Union. Go Sixers. Go Flyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Well that's something I didn't excepted to see when I woke up.

Dunno what to think about it, has anyone any experience with his recent work ?
    All i know about him is that he made a table top company called Warchief Gaming. All they have on the market is a DND campaign book and a novel.

Christmas came early this year

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miffinat0r View Post
    It was the world building and fictional history for me, which was what I thought Chris Metzen did great at building for the series. The narrative itself, maybe not so much.

7+ Year Old Account
    The question is, how much power he will have? how much he will affect in he story? can him deny/block things/bs the team come up with? can he create things?

It will be like : "hey Chris can we do this garbage shit on the lore, like, can Anduin marry sylvanas?" and he will say: "yes/no"? and if he says no, would they do anyway?

He will do stories again? he will change things? can he make warcraft feels like warcraft? i hardly doubt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic...from-warcraft/

- - - Updated - - -

This is fantastic news. Its been a few years and his kids are older, so i guess he missed it? Either that or they made him an offer he cant refuse to come back and save the Warcraft narrative Universe?
    Oh wow.. Welcome home, adventurer? I guess you truly never quit, you just take breaks!?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Miffinat0r View Post

You can have the best story in the world and if the disparities that are in WoW are still present ain't no creative advisor saving you.
    The worldbuilding and vibe of Warcraft 3 and WoW Classic is 100% a big reason people loved WoW, and much of that is on Metzen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    The worldbuilding and vibe of Warcraft 3 and WoW Classic is 100% a big reason people loved WoW, and much of that is on Metzen.
    I totally understand this, but this also vanished way before Danuser. This ended with Wrath, basically. And Metzen was still there.

Edit: shout out to MoP though that world building is the best the game has ever had until now imo.

I totally understand this, but this also vanished way before Danuser. This ended with Wrath, basically. And Metzen was still there.

Edit: shout out to MoP though that world building is the best the game has ever had until now imo.
    Cata was a massive fuckup in tone, but I doubt it was all on Metzen to go for pop culture references and jokes. I can only hope this means they are going for Cata 2: We Do it Right This Time

Yes, and the one behind Mists was Kosak and to a lesser extent Afrasiabi who were doing a lot more work than a burnt-out Metzen, who'd just produced two trashfires in the Cataclysm main plot and SC2. Of course championing Kosak wouldn't be kosher given the whole sex allegations and Afrasiabi burnt that goodwill with BFA.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

What can metzen truly do when incompetent screw-ups like danuser can stubbornly refuse everything metzen provides as creative advisement...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Cata was a massive fuckup in tone, but I doubt it was all on Metzen to go for pop culture references and jokes. I can only hope this means they are going for Cata 2: We Do it Right This Time
    Not sure this quest was in MoP at launch, but last night while lvling in MoP I got a quest to kill spiders titled "NOPE" Pop culture and internet references are all over these quests.
    Go Phillies. Go Eagles. Go Union. Go Sixers. Go Flyers.