Page 3 of 169 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Played storm druid
    Felt okay

Tho would probably switch to werebear or werewolf to see if things die faster
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

tried the beta and kinda had to force myself to finish it.

which is a shame cause while the ARPG endless gear farming loop isn't for me, i have had fun playing all the previous diablo games for the story a couple of times.

but in d4 there was a lot of waiting for NPCs to walk/open doors/etc. and the part near the end where you have to afk while ratma/inarius tell a story is just old fashioned by todays standards. and then there is this narrator guy who you get like 1 scene with to set him up as a character which really wasn't enough for me to get the idea he was more/less important than any other npc.

i also read the sin war ages ago and gotto say some of the characters don't seem to act the same at first glance. also bit sad you couldn't really tell ratma only has one arm.

gameplay wise it just felt the same as diablo 3. nothing really noteworthy or to grab your attention. glad i got to try it free, saves me the buyers remorse if i had paid $70 for it.

(also my first legendary dropped from a map event i didn't participate in. i just ran by after it had finished and there was a legendary on the floor. lol)
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2023-03-26 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    I enjoy it very much and your "bad" parts seems like things you should have expected from the start.
    What i would expect from the start is a good game. Not: "Here we designed a lame slogfest with sponge bosses you have to suffer through in order to get to the good parts of the game" Thats just shit game design man. I didnt feel this way when first playing the other diablo iterations. It was fun all the way through the first time i played through the campaign. The rush to hell / lvl 70 gameplay came later. Currently in D3 the time from start to endgame depending on the class is about 3 hours of grind.

I would imagine they will work on tuning the gameplay of it. I played the beta. It was ok but not really appealing. The combat did not feel that fun with just the two abilities. It was lagging a lot. The lag made it unplayable. I would imagine they will fix the lag. I still hate blizzard for making it an online game only. I supposed they do that so people can't pirate the game. The game does not feel anywhere worth 69.99 for the basic game on pc.
    I liked that the world felt more like an rpg world with herb and ore gathering. The gear seems like its all crappy looking. The gear looks almost as bad as the gear in grim dawn.

I don't get why so many of you are talking about endgame while some of our complaints are precisely about the start of the game. Yes, maybe it will be the best game ever crafted when we hit max level and unlock all systems. But that's not what some of us are talking about.
    Also, again, while i'm the first having a blast at max level and spent hundreds of hours farming rifts, i do not understand why we can't have access to some higher difficulties from the start.
    If i want to experience pain right from the start, how is that an issue for anyone. The story won't be better, the game won't be more beautiful than it already is, but i will, without a doubt, be more hooked if i face some challenges along the way. "It has never been the case, you're stupid". Ah ok, i guess i am, well still my friends, that's how i feel about what should be changed.
    Tldr: Endgame might be interesting, but i still want to enjoy the ride to get there, fight me boyz (ง •̀_•́)ง

There are two things that are negative for me w/ D4, and both of those things can be fixed/addressed prior to launch. The game network stability is a huge minus in the beta - multiple times in couch co-op we would have trouble connecting one player, or worse, have one of the two players disconnect *mid-game*. I don't mind that they made it more MMO-oriented in the open world, but flaky connectivity will cause people to not play.

Secondly, and unfortunately I'm comparing it to a game (D3) with years of development post release, is polish. D3 is very polished, and D4 feels like there's a ton of rough edges. Someone earlier in this thread made a statement that the beta versions are months old and I hope that's true. Lots of little annoying bugs with the UI that could be improved upon.

However, I do like the graphics, the setting, the world. The world is much fuller than any previous Diablo game. The open world content has been fine and having other players run around in it is not bothersome. Dungeons and events are fun. I'm looking forward to the full game.

My main ARPG is POE and while I wasn't expecting that level of complexity here (or close) I'm still kind of surprised by just how simplistic this game is and it's the number one thing turning me off right now. The game feels good, sound design is exceptional, it looks good but man is it boring.

I've seen someone refer to it as a 20 piece puzzle and I felt that was a pretty apt description. Not gonna worry about class balance because that'll get reiterated on a 1000 times but just looking at the tiny baby skill tree makes me sad, I know the Paragon board exists but from a glance it doesn't really look all that significant either, hope I'm wrong there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    What i would expect from the start is a good game. Not: "Here we designed a lame slogfest with sponge bosses you have to suffer through in order to get to the good parts of the game" Thats just shit game design man. I didnt feel this way when first playing the other diablo iterations. It was fun all the way through the first time i played through the campaign. The rush to hell / lvl 70 gameplay came later. Currently in D3 the time from start to endgame depending on the class is about 3 hours of grind.
    Shit early game design is a staple on all MMORPG's (thus the "should've expected), Which seems what diablo 4 is taking a lot of inspiration from.

I just think you need to play More MMORPGs in the early game, So you know what to always expect.

You can't expect a fun game from the start, Leveling is a chore and mostly boring for a lot of people

Quote Originally Posted by Yem View Post
    I don't get why so many of you are talking about endgame while some of our complaints are precisely about the start of the game.
    Because many of the complaints are, "The enemies are too easy, there's no challenge, I press two buttons to kill things." when all we have is the lowest level content at the lowest difficulty levels.

Which is just silly, you can load up any ARPG right now and set it to a low difficulty level and play through low level content and you'll be massacring things, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly how I felt. Game didn't fell bad and I didn't mind the "MMO" aspects it was all just really boring. I know we've only seen a portion of the game but honestly I can't remember a single interesting NPC/Area/Mob. I felt like D3 just hooked me better.. I mean I was at least hyped to try Necro.

I'll keep my eyes and ears out to see how it shapes up. At the moment it would be a pass.
    I have often regretted having spoken, but never for having not. -De Commynes

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Yeah, and a stark contrast towards the opening cutscene. You're alone, weak in the snow with dangers all around you. Hunted, in need of shelter, etc. Then the cutscene ends and you annihilate enemies just by looking in their direction. You were strong in the earlier games as well, but they had vastly different introductions that were more about the state of Sanctuary than they were about the hero. It's just such jarring storytelling.
    Dudes really who fokkin cares about leveling in ARPGS? You want every mob take 10 seconds each? What for? Taking 500 hours to finish the campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Blah blah blah. Have you ever played hack n slash ? This is what it is. You just dont get it. Anyway its just mid game test. We need to see endgame. Same you can judge WoW after hiting level 30 and say its bad because you are bored LOL
    I played both WoW and D3 to max level many times without ever getting bored. I was bored before I reached L10 in D4.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

My only gripes with diablo4 is there is no new classes in NAME maybe not a big deal but i was expecting to see classes we never heard of before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I played both WoW and D3 to max level many times without ever getting bored. I was bored before I reached L10 in D4.
    And what should it have had not to get bored within level 10?

A horse race? Some snowboarding wit demons bones? Pokémon Battles? A bit of Monkey Island stuff?

Start whatever ARPG, do 10 levels and see what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Dudes really who fokkin cares about leveling in ARPGS? You want every mob take 10 seconds each? What for? Taking 500 hours to finish the campaign?
    You misunderstand. That's entirely my point. They're trying to tell a story that doesn't match the gameplay of an ARPG, and I don't understand why. If the story and the levelling process don't really matter - even to Blizzard - then why even include it? If the game only gets good at max level, and they include levelling and story content not because it's good, but because it's tradition... then why bother at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    yup, I refunded last night - got all characters into 20 and so bored I can't even force myself to login - no desire, way to much wrong with the game..

I can't remember the name of a single npc (maybe a few), city, town, hub, quest etc - it's got no stick and not for me which pains me deep I was extremely excited for this - but not $150 pre-order excited anymore, maybe if it were like $45 on sale down the road or a couple seasons in with major changes..
    Respect for even making it 20 lol. I gave up after level 12. Great points btw. It’s so dull and forgettable overall. Everything just felt meaningless to me.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

I mean for starters, we cant really "Up the World diffculty" to make it harder so kinda hard to say its to easy, when we cant really fight it, when at its hardest.

Personally, when me and my friend played during the early access, we enjoyed ourselves, the only thing we didnt like was the forced "MMO" side of things we wanted our world to be private to us, not have randoms rushing in starting and ruining events.

I think they should offer you a choice to opt out of the MMO aspect and allowing you to do a private game, they could balance this by locking you out of world bosses in this mode

1+ Year Old Account
    Your analogy is wrong, you already see all your skills in this game. At the end of the game you will kill stronger monsters with the same abilities, it gets boring.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    Kinda agree. Altough it is still in beta, game feels very restricted to its minimum effort and will be bloated with systems later on. The scaling is dull, like in WoW.
    "Still in beta" isn't much of a statement that holds water in this situation. We're 2 months from release, game has been in development, according to Blizzard, for 5 years. Visually the game is stunning, but that's where any complements end. They took D3 and removed all the skill customization and flavor from runes and made a worse game. Druid is probably the most disappointing, you want to play bear? You're locked into specific talents all the way down to the end, same for wolf. It's a garbage attempt at a money grab and Blizzard was clearly more interested in the monetization of the game rather than actually making a good game. Let's not forget how every single class plays exactly the same as D3 outside of Druid. It's boring and they didn't even give us variety of classes.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2023-03-26 at 05:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Lol at people complaining about difficulty and then stating that D3 was better. Really? Did you have a brain injury after it's release or just choose to ignore that the first 2 difficulties were a complete joke and really only Infernl was actually hard.
    Also what the actual fuck "game should start insanely hard and get easier" ... wtf?