Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

orcs heritage armor quest

https://mobile.twitter.com/Portergau...62185955827714
    It's great to see so many characters and see how clans are important again!! I like Durak as a character! being heir to such an important clan is a lot of responsibility
    we need dragonmaw customization

Looks like the Alliance literally has spies outside of Razor Hill, in the heart of Horde territory:
    Do not worry, the Shattered Hand will make sure our festivities aren't interrupted by any of the Alliance spies lurking just outside.
    Oh yes, they're out there. Even if we are at peace, we still keep eyes on each other. It keeps us both honest.
    I also found it funny how you can see Tiragarde Keep from Razor Hill. In the aftermath of the Foruth War, Tiragarde Keep is still occupied by Alliance forces.

So essentially you could say that the Alliance is participating in this festivity too, they got their spies lurking around Razor Hill and their military forces in striking distance of the village. How heart-warming.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Looks like the Alliance literally has spies outside of Razor Hill, in the heart of Horde territory:

I also found it funny how you can see Tiragarde Keep from Razor Hill. In the aftermath of the Foruth War, Tiragarde Keep is still occupied by Alliance forces.

So essentially you could say that the Alliance is participating in this festivity too, they got their spies lurking around Razor Hill and their military forces in striking distance of the village. How heart-warming.
    If we get a world revamp, that ought to be torn down or turned into an embassy or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    It's great to see so many characters and see how clans are important again!! I like Durak as a character! being heir to such an important clan is a lot of responsibility
    Yeah, I like the fact that Gorfax wants to return the clan to strength without enslaving anyone, but I'm most excited about Jorin finally returning.
    Twas brillig

Didn't Garrosh wipe out every Alliance installation on the way when he marched from Orgrimmar to Theramore in the Tides of War novel? Did the Alliance reoccupy Tiragarde after they marched up to Orgrimmar in BFA?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Didn't Garrosh wipe out every Alliance installation on the way when he marched from Orgrimmar to Theramore in the Tides of War novel? Did the Alliance reoccupy Tiragarde after they marched up to Orgrimmar in BFA?
    There was an entire other world war after Garrosh... the War Table missions from BfA Launch mentioned that the Alliance had sent troops to reoccupy Tiragarde Keep, and Zekhan noted in the Exploring Kalimdor novel (set after the Fourth War) that the Alliance expeditionary force was still occupying the keep.

In addition to this, we now have the statement from the Shattered Hand leader that the Alliance agents are lurking just outside of Razor Hill, the second most important Horde settlement in Durotar.

I thought this was an interesting development, wouldn't you agree?

Hey, at least Rexxar and his dad are talking.
    Twas brillig

It was great seeing so many returning orcs. Thura finally gets an ingame apperance, that one Shadowmoon orc had the same last name, Bloodfyre, as the manga Shadowmoon orc that raised the draenei orphan during the genocide. Nice to finally see Ariok again and the acknowledgement of his changed form.

It's a pity the Burning Blade weren't one of the choosable clans, Lantresor seems to think the clan should be dead. Though at least they got their own table. Mankirk was present but not at that table so I reckon that Blizz are going with Mankirk not being a BB. Still it was nice to see him and his shaman girlfriend present.

Gorgonna returning and being the new Warsong chieftain was a surprise, I was thinking she wouldn't return. Heck her sister even appeared as a ghost in the cutscene! So that's nice. Also I think she said Gargok is her uncle or somesuch? Anywho it was nice to see her. There's a new Shattered Hand Chieftain, Thega Graveblade who's name I like. I thought it was interesting that they even acknowledged that Gardul was the previous leader and she ursurped control, that's a pretty small detail I wouldn't of cared if it wasn't acknowledged.

Jorin finally existing again is real nice.... it kinda seemed like Ritssyn Flamescowl is a Bleeding Hollow orc? When Jorin talked about moving the clan to Azeroth Ritssyn was present at the table and the tables seemed to be divided by clan. Also Ritssyn is there which is great as I do love that warlock.

Poor Dragonmaw clan. Well they deserve their dishonour but I do like seeing them acknowledge it. Angerfang is such a strange character to have brought back to lead the clan but hey. I actually chose them to represent as my orc's RP clan, the Burning Blade, were not available. Getting to choose a clan to join was certainly an interesting part of this whole thing.

Quite a few random frostwolf orcs appeared, but only Mulverick caught my attention. The dude defected from the Frostwolves in TBC, guess he rejoined at some point. Blood Guard Torek was a quest giver during the Cataclysm pre-event, and he appeared next to Gargok. I wonder if he's supposed to be Torek from Ashenvale who was a Warsong orc. Also Nazgrim is confirmed to be a Warsong orc. Kinda a pity I always hoped he was a Thunderlord.

Speaking to the ancestors was real nice. Also does confirm Saurfang moved on after being sent to the Maw, so maybe Sylvanas found his soul and released it. Dunno if that Old Soldier trinket ever actually held his soul, probably not. First apperance of MU Durotan in game... like ever. Grom appeared and talked about legacy and how he failed his son, and Orgrim appeared. It was all very nice.

Durak seemed like a nice kid, and Rehnze was sweet.

Is that surprising? Alliance and Horde have spies in each other's cities and organisations, even SI:7 has Horde infiltrators from what I recall, so them spying on Razor Hill isn't out of the ordinary.
    Last edited by Ximothy; 2023-03-22 at 03:14 AM.

I really enjoyed the quest line (rushed continuity aside {“I’d like to try this new thing - oh Aggra knows what’s needed - oh literally everyone is in Razor Hill now”}) and it was honestly wild how much time they put into so many dialogues.

I also felt like there were some hints seeded. Between this and the Waking Shores chain, 100% Dragonmaw are definitely getting more integrated moving forward (maybe playable?), we get to speak to the last MU Shadowmoon, Bleeding Hollow love, and the Mok’nathal talk about ending their isolation and integrating (#alliedracedreamsneverdie).
    All very cool.

Clan stuff wishlist:

Warsong: I hope Gorgonna puts an emphasis on some of the other aspects of the clan outside of just being aggressive and good at fighting, the WoD ones had some wind shamanism going on and a 'mounted combat' feel, plus a focus on music and singing their histories

Frostwolf: It's mentioned Thrall was the one who spared Garrosh's arcweavers, so having the Frostwolves merge Shamanism with Frost Mage stuff would be an interesting angle, and another way for the Horde to merge arcane/shamanism studies in general, same way the Tuskarr do, and that some of the older Shadowmoon stuff was implied to.

Bleeding Hollow: Between the Bleeding Hollow's blood shamanism and Jorin talking with Ritssyn, I'd be interested in them becoming the orc's group for studying dark and weird magics. Jorin and Ritssyn would be an interesting team, since Jorin's a mag'har and Ritssyn is a Warlock, though the most prominent part of Kilrogg's legacy has always been the warlock spell that bears his name, even though he himself wasn't a caster.

Dragonmaw: I'm hoping a later patch lets the Dragonmaw and Wildhammer interact with the Dragon Isles and settle some of the bad blood. Dragonmaw as a group that interacts with dragons and earns their trust would be interesting, though I'd still prefer they focus on taming big flying monsters of all kinds.

Shattered Hand: Back in Vanilla, the Shattered Hand had a lot of Troll members, it'd be cool seeing them interact with the Dark Spear and other troll tribes to help broaden their spy network.

Blackrock: I'm hoping the Blackrock manage to do something about the last dregs of the dark Horde, there's too many Horde's running around and now that the Alliance has taken in the Dark Irons the Dark Horde is likely to get crushed, leaving Eitrigg the perfect opportunity to recruit any survivors as they flee into the Badlands.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Blackrock: I'm hoping the Blackrock manage to do something about the last dregs of the dark Horde, there's too many Horde's running around and now that the Alliance has taken in the Dark Irons the Dark Horde is likely to get crushed, leaving Eitrigg the perfect opportunity to recruit any survivors as they flee into the Badlands.
    I don't think there are any more Dark Horde, I'm pretty sure they either died or rejoined the Horde like Malkorok or Gorfax. There's been no mentioned of Blackrock or Dark Horde since, even Warlords make no mention of them despite the Ironmarch took over Upper Blackrock. Dark Irons also don't mention the orcs during their recruitment quests, it didn't seem like they were contending with another faction in their mountain.

I do wonder what happened to any surviving Ironmarch orcs tho. Imagine being trapped on Azeroth like your son, who was a baby when you last saw him, arrived in Geya'rah's group and is now older than you.

7+ Year Old Account
    When i read these shit its feels like they are mocking us, they know they ahve to do it, to fix their mistakes, but they do it in a way to mock it, like still trying to shit on Garry, like, come on, give a rest.

putting fucking Etrigg saying "maybe we lost our way" sounds like mockery, cause blizzard made this way, they are the reason the orcs were fucked, its their fault. Now they are going to teach what is meant to be an orc? suuuuuuuuuuuure.

Alas, credit is given when tis deserved, so i can appreciate they remembering most of the orc clans, even when they are basically ruined, But they did missed burning blade and shadowmoon, also, perfect opportunity to re-introduce the rageroar, an entirely wow clan and the flowerpicker for the memes.

But, Gorgona as chieftein of the warsong? fucking serious? pretty sure she have the same mentally of thrall that the orcs had to suffer in the desert to repent, fuck off, where is my boy Gargok??

a bunch of character there were in the fucking limbo for 15 plus years like Jorin and Nazgrel appear, like woooo, finally you realize you have characters to use, it must being a fun afternoon in the blizzard office going to the wowpedia getting all the names.

thrall son hair looks ridiculous, he is being build up to be another anduin, fucks sake, i can only support him if he goes into another tangent and becomes i dunno a druid or a fucking warlock.

In short, i didn't like the armor, it looks like a generic copy of the maghar ones, they should give us orgrin black armor. The story is blerg, but they bringing the clans together and making you join one was good and the right decision, sadly, i don't think it will lead to anywhere, its dangling keys stuff.

And they finnaly remember drek'thar was a senile orc in a wheelchair, too tired to go to orgrimmar to do the ritual, with fucking teleport magic, but fit enough to go back in legion, this guy. am i right.

- - - Updated - - -

It also pissed me off seeing so many dragonmaw and we not being able to pick their skin color, ITS RIGHT THERE, JUST ENABLE TO PLAYERS ffs

Plus, they better not make the moknathal a thing, bring the damn ogres

Speaks volumes about the incompetence of the Horde council that they even allow this. Once again they prove who their favorite faction is surley.

- - - Updated - - -

Sad to know the greatest Orc clans aren't even present. And their new leaders of the old ones are a bunch of nobodies. The Orcs deserve better then this.

RIP Shadowmoon, Bonechewer, Laughing Skull, Thunderlord and burning blade's

Also can anyone tell me why the heck this is AU Lantresor and not Outland Lantresor? Mag'har are not normal Orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    If we get a world revamp, that ought to be torn down or turned into an embassy or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I like the fact that Gorfax wants to return the clan to strength without enslaving anyone, but I'm most excited about Jorin finally returning.
    Zaela was much better then him. Gorfax is not an important lore character. Like most Horde leaders he only got the job because the former one is dead.
    Last edited by Grazrug; 2023-03-22 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ximothy View Post
    Is that surprising? Alliance and Horde have spies in each other's cities and organisations, even SI:7 has Horde infiltrators from what I recall, so them spying on Razor Hill isn't out of the ordinary.
    This is headcanon, there's absolutely no evidence of the Horde having spies in Stormwind/Elwynn. The SI:7 also doesn't have Horde infiltrators. The goblin "Renzik the Shiv" is 100% working for the Alliance SI:7, even though he's a goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ximothy View Post
    snip
    I liked the part about the thunder lizard spirit claiming durotar is going to regrow as a forest with desolace treatment.

Surprisingly few orcs actually like the current climate it seems.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Speaks volumes about the incompetence of the Horde council that they even allow this. Once again they prove who their favorite faction is surley.

- - - Updated - - -

Sad to know the greatest Orc clans aren't even present. And their new leaders of the old ones are a bunch of nobodies. The Orcs deserve better then this.

Also can anyone tell me why the heck this is AU Lantresor and not Outland Lantresor? Mag'har are not normal Orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Zaela was much better then him. Gorfax is not an important lore character. Like most Horde leaders he only got the job because the former one is ead.
    The Burning Blade was indeed present, so was the last live member of the Shadowmoon Clan. And it's obviously MU Lantressor, it's quite clear from both his model and dialogue. The other clans aren't present, because they are either dead or utterly felcorrupted - or both.

OT: Amazing quest, 10 out 10... And it makes the Human one seem quite lazy.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Saurfang was restored from being a trinket. 0/10. This questline is like a Second Internment Camp.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    When i read these shit its feels like they are mocking us, they know they ahve to do it, to fix their mistakes, but they do it in a way to mock it, like still trying to shit on Garry, like, come on, give a rest.

putting fucking Etrigg saying "maybe we lost our way" sounds like mockery, cause blizzard made this way, they are the reason the orcs were fucked, its their fault. Now they are going to teach what is meant to be an orc? suuuuuuuuuuuure.

Alas, credit is given when tis deserved, so i can appreciate they remembering most of the orc clans, even when they are basically ruined, But they did missed burning blade and shadowmoon, also, perfect opportunity to re-introduce the rageroar, an entirely wow clan and the flowerpicker for the memes.

But, Gorgona as chieftein of the warsong? fucking serious? pretty sure she have the same mentally of thrall that the orcs had to suffer in the desert to repent, fuck off, where is my boy Gargok??

a bunch of character there were in the fucking limbo for 15 plus years like Jorin and Nazgrel appear, like woooo, finally you realize you have characters to use, it must being a fun afternoon in the blizzard office going to the wowpedia getting all the names.

thrall son hair looks ridiculous, he is being build up to be another anduin, fucks sake, i can only support him if he goes into another tangent and becomes i dunno a druid or a fucking warlock.

In short, i didn't like the armor, it looks like a generic copy of the maghar ones, they should give us orgrin black armor. The story is blerg, but they bringing the clans together and making you join one was good and the right decision, sadly, i don't think it will lead to anywhere, its dangling keys stuff.

And they finnaly remember drek'thar was a senile orc in a wheelchair, too tired to go to orgrimmar to do the ritual, with fucking teleport magic, but fit enough to go back in legion, this guy. am i right.

- - - Updated - - -

It also pissed me off seeing so many dragonmaw and we not being able to pick their skin color, ITS RIGHT THERE, JUST ENABLE TO PLAYERS ffs

Plus, they better not make the moknathal a thing, bring the damn ogres
    Bitter and salty much? They *did* include both Burning Blade and Shadowmoon so.... Oh and the Rageroar clan is killed by the Alliance in Cataclysm so - and no, the armor does not look like the Mag'har though obviously there is a common theme, with both being you know... Orcs!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    the heritage armor quests and story are always so good. I don't think I've seen a bad one yet. Both the human and orc ones were really well done. I can see why they're spacing them out, only three sets left to go...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the heritage armor quests and story are always so good. I don't think I've seen a bad one yet. Both the human and orc ones were really well done. I can see why they're spacing them out, only three sets left to go...
    3? Trolls, forsaken, draenei, night elves, pandaren - oh and dracthyr I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Zaela was much better then him. Gorfax is not an important lore character. Like most Horde leaders he only got the job because the former one is ead.
    It is lantresor MU only that he has a new model.

from the dialogues it is implied that dragonmaw are thunder lord they changed their name

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    those of forsaken and night elves must be the most anticipated quests!!