Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by icehunter43 View Post
    On that note, he said they (the developers) like to see what the community comes up with, and they (again, the developers) want to implement them into the game. -> These features (class skins and new cosmetic glyhs) specifically are on the radar. I just hope they won't introduce them through the auction house, but rather they open up glyphs and class skins as their own respective categories under the collections tab for everyone to pursue. Inscription as a profession can be expanded along the lines of vantus runes and other optional non-cosmetic stuff anyways, just like alchemy does.
    What Huth is getting at is you said it was confirmed, when this isn't confirmation, it's more an acknowledgement of the demand for more customizations and potential class skins.

Basically if you aren't 100% correct on technical details here, someone here's gonna try and invalidate your entire argument by cherry picking the one thing they think you said wrong. Explaining the rest of the context won't matter because their goal isn't to engage in discussion about what you want or like, they're only interested in telling you why you're wrong. They want you to admit or acknowledge said mistake. Nothing more nothing less, no other answer will satisfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    What Huth is getting at is you said it was confirmed, when this isn't confirmation, it's more an acknowledgement of the demand for more customizations and potential class skins.

Basically if you aren't 100% correct on technical details here, someone here's gonna try and invalidate your entire argument by cherry picking the one thing they think you said wrong. Explaining the rest of the context won't matter because their goal isn't to engage in discussion about what you want or like, they're only interested in telling you why you're wrong. They want you to admit or acknowledge said mistake. Nothing more nothing less, no other answer will satisfy.
    Yeah, I know there are people like those, well if for nothing else at least they bump the thread :P

Still I generally try to stay positive about everything I do

Got some cool ideas on how they could implement class glyphs like quest rewards, achievements, drops and the like, I'm still unsure about the trading post though, mainly because I wouldn't want certain glyphs or class skins to be limited by time, in hopes they might return after a set period of time, during which I'd have to hurry up if I ever wanted that specific skin again. Or if some were available from the trading post, I'd make them super cheap so people could live out their class fantasies without much hassle
    Last edited by icehunter43; 2023-05-21 at 02:29 PM.

My wishlist:
    1) make the appearance steal from the rogue glyph not lost in combat. I know there's the prism but this would mean I wouldn't need to be in a group.
    2) my monk being able to summon Ban-Lu instead as the tiger ability instead, complete with "GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN, GRANDMASTER"
    3) BM monk being able to use the old stick whacking animations from Legion when using staves and polearms
    4) WW monk spec being able to have fist weapons unsheathed for more animations
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    We did it bois n' gals,

To quote Ion: "Regarding where it will go, there's a lot of opportunity and they enjoy community ideas such as cosmetic glyphs for skills and further expansion beyond pets, mounts, and transmog."

It has been a long time, but well worth the wait. Looking forward to seing Fishbones06's and the others' wonderful cosmetic glyphs and custom class colors ingame soon

Scarlet Blood Elf Paladin, Blue Fire Mage, Moon Priest Night Elf, Totemic Tauren Paladin - what are you most looking forward to?
    shaman - witch doctor
    hunter - goddamn dark ranger ?
    warrior - berserker, gladiator
    warlock - necromancer
    demon hunter - huntress

5+ Year Old Account
    On that note, he said they (the developers) like to see what the community comes up with, and they (again, the developers) want to implement them into the game. -> These features (class skins and new cosmetic glyhs) specifically are on the radar. I just hope they won't introduce them through the auction house, but rather they open up glyphs and class skins as their own respective categories under the collections tab for everyone to pursue. Inscription as a profession can be expanded along the lines of vantus runes and other optional non-cosmetic stuff anyways, just like alchemy does.
    Sorry m8, but Ion saying basically "oh yeah, this is interesting" in no way equals to "cosmetic glyphs confirmed". Which is a shame, since it would be an easy win for the devs.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Hopefully they actually do it.
    Holding back the RPG elements of your game for a dying game mode is just stupid. Rated PvP has been on life support for ages, and last season participation numbers in everything but solo shuffle just showed it's on the way out, and even solo shuffle isn't really enough to warrant holding everything else back.
    PvP being the thing causing features like this to rot is also insanely stupid, when cosmetic glyphs could easily be rewards from it.

Yeah, I know there are people like those, well if for nothing else at least they bump the thread :P

Still I generally try to stay positive about everything I do

Got some cool ideas on how they could implement class glyphs like quest rewards, achievements, drops and the like, I'm still unsure about the trading post though, mainly because I wouldn't want certain glyphs or class skins to be limited by time, in hopes they might return after a set period of time, during which I'd have to hurry up if I ever wanted that specific skin again. Or if some were available from the trading post, I'd make them super cheap so people could live out their class fantasies without much hassle
    If it makes you feel any better, he's only a single person who thinks you did wrong, I like the thread and think you did a good job. So there I balanced him out to a point of redundancy.

I'd like to see voodoo priest magic
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2023-05-24 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, he's only a single person who thinks you did wrong, I like the thread and think you did a good job. So there I balanced him out to a point of redundancy.

And that's why conspiracy nonsense is so widespread. You believing a factually wrong statement does not make it more true. You did not "balance" anything, you just added more liars.

Ion did not confirm anything. Least of all class skins, which aren't even the same thing as cosmetic glyphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Sorry m8, but Ion saying basically "oh yeah, this is interesting" in no way equals to "cosmetic glyphs confirmed". Which is a shame, since it would be an easy win for the devs.
    There is no shame, since a lack of confirmation doesn't equate to it not happening.

It could still be an easy win for the devs.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no shame, since a lack of confirmation doesn't equate to it not happening.

It could still be an easy win for the devs.
    Actually some glyphs on PTR isnt that a confirmation ?

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Actually some glyphs on PTR isnt that a confirmation ?
    You talking about the Imp ones?

Those were announced alongside new Warlock comboes, before this interview happened.

Nothing is confirmed there at all. It'll be confirmed when it's in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You talking about the Imp ones?

Those were announced alongside new Warlock comboes, before this interview happened.
    And priest one.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a good development to be sure.

Here's hoping they don't pull an OW PvE mode on the feature.
    Here is something to believe in!

Nice addition, and thanks for your support!

Oh and it'd be so nice to have glyphs in the collections tab, could be something akin to how some toys work in that if we say have a glyph for some ability unlocked, we could freely print out new glyph copies and free vanishing powder, for whenever we want to switch between glyphs and regular abilties without having to potentially rebuy anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    And priest one.
    We were already speaking the old God language in void form. They took it out and are now adding it back in

Give me a druid glyph where i can use Moonkin form with visible gear!
    Make starfall look like hurrican but with better graphics.

Shadow paladin!

Elemental SHaman but every spell is from one element. Like an all water shaman.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We were already speaking the old God language in void form. They took it out and are now adding it back in
    When in voidform you speak this already as of live game.
    This will only make it so you have to use the glyph to speak that way in voidform.

A nice qol change tbh, now you can just talk in voidform. So many times I said: Gg after a duel and it becomes: Ez in voidform. It was always annoying.

Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    When in voidform you speak this already as of live game.
    This will only make it so you have to use the glyph to speak that way in voidform.

A nice qol change tbh, now you can just talk in voidform. So many times I said: Gg after a duel and it becomes: Ez in voidform. It was always annoying.

Nothing more.
    Counting in Shat'yar. Every numeral is |, which fits the Void, but is kind of useless.

New Ascendance model as well as more fire/air/earth elemental options would be great!