Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    I simply loved this thread. My most sincere congratulations to the OP!!
    Blizzard should hire you and replace some "gardeners" there who only think about flowers...!
    I loved your whole concept for the Dark Ranger (I just find it difficult for them not to use a bow since Nathanos and Sylvanas do... and common hunters can also use guns... so...).
    Everything else is beautiful!!
    Have you posted this on the official Forum? Make this idea reach the eyes of those who need to see it!

- - - Updated - - -

The devs are going to have to work a lot harder and improve a lot on the Dark Ranger tree we were shown if they want any Hunter to have the Class Fantasy feel of a Dark Ranger!
    Just giving us Black Arrow and a disengage chain that serves no purpose won't make me feel like a Dark Ranger knowing what the Dark Rangers in the game are capable of doing...!

We need teleport (Haunted Wave - 2 charges), shadow clones, Mind Control, Stealth replacing Camouflage or at least camouflage with no cooldown time, REAL Darkchains that is arrow which applies slowness when hitting the target! And many other skills and characteristics...
    Those are not the abilities of a Dark Ranger. They are the abilities of a Banshee and a Champion of the Maw. There is a difference.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Those are not the abilities of a Dark Ranger. They are the abilities of a Banshee and a Champion of the Maw. There is a difference.
    Sylvanas in the raid was still as much a dark ranger, wether that's with power ups or not.
    Really, it wouldn't even matter.

Yeah this is not happening.

1) Dark Ranger is already playable.
    Clunkily.

2) Blizzard is not setting another expansion in Outland/Argus 2.0.
    And you know that how?

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    can we maybe smooth this over with a non unique weapon type? I'm so sick of seeing weapon drops where only 1 class can you use them. Like maybe work them into using daggers and/or bows/crossbows. You can keep them 1 handed(just pretend blizzard would do the work something).
    I wanted to differentiate them from the Hunter, so there wouldn't be so many comparisons, like people tend to do.
    Sylvanas does wield daggers and i'm not against them having acces to melee weapons or other ranged ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Well thought out, I also couldn;t really miss the vanhelsing stuff. Altho I loved that movie I do think that whole vampiric thing is something many people will like.

The nathrezim and Denathrius are cool characters and the only cool thing that came from Shadowlands, so I would be down as well.
    Thank you.
    Well, Van Helsing is the most known vampire hunter and i'm most familiar with that iteration of him.

I simply loved this thread. My most sincere congratulations to the OP!!
    Blizzard should hire you and replace some "gardeners" there who only think about flowers...!
    I loved your whole concept for the Dark Ranger (I just find it difficult for them not to use a bow since Nathanos and Sylvanas do... and common hunters can also use guns... so...).
    Everything else is beautiful!!
    Have you posted this on the official Forum? Make this idea reach the eyes of those who need to see it!
    Was waiting for your comment, knowing your fervor for the class concept.
    I omitted the bow since i'm sick of people comparing it to the Hunter. I wouldn't be against it, though.
    No, i haven't posted it there. Wanna do it on my behalf?

Which ended up in the Dark Ranger tree. We've already been through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Sylvanas in the raid was still as much a dark ranger, wether that's with power ups or not.
    Really, it wouldn't even matter.
    He doesn't get it that Sylvanas' abilities are an expansion of the concept.
    Last edited by username993720; 2024-02-12 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Was waiting for your comment, knowing your fervor for the class concept.
    I omitted the bow since i'm sick of people comparing it to the Hunter. I wouldn't be against it, though.
    No, i haven't posted it there. Wanna do it on my behalf?
    I can't post on the official forum. I received a permanent ban after a simple complaint 8 years ago...! And it's been sad to follow the feedback from the Hunters there about the Dark Ranger's hero-class. They just want the tree to belong to MM and SV.

God hear you…we need authentic hero classes

I can't post on the official forum. I received a permanent ban after a simple complaint 8 years ago...! And it's been sad to follow the feedback from the Hunters there about the Dark Ranger's hero-class. They just want the tree to belong to MM and SV.
    Sorry to hear that.
    What do you think of the overall concept? Got any suggestions? Complaints?

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    God hear you…we need authentic hero classes
    Oh, do we.
    These days it's all about making classes up, like the Evoker, and confining them to a single race.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You lost me at the compassionate abomination having a Core of Eternals heart thing from Zereth Mortis.
    You included enough from Shadowlands already, must you include such lame bs as that?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

2) Blizzard is not setting another expansion in Outland/Argus 2.0.
    Maybe not Argus, but the Twisting Nether is much bigger then just Argus. So a different planet could picked. Maybe where the Ethereals came from.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3ROR View Post
    Maybe not Argus, but the Twisting Nether is much bigger then just Argus. So a different planet could picked. Maybe where the Ethereals came from.
    I always thought the Ethereals were super cool back in TBC and wanted to see them focus more on them.
    Now that I've seen what they will do to some of the races? I think it's better that Ethereals be mostly left alone in TBC with that awesome re-appearance in Legion.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Z3ROR View Post
    No.

Every single planet in the Twisting Nether besides Azeroth looks like this (aka Argus/Outland 2.0):

It's kind of the whole point. Azeroth is super duper special and is the only world that the Legion couldn't destroy in its millennia-long Burning Crusade.

The planet of the Ethereal is also just Outland 2.0 as it was destroyed and blown up by Dimensius. If it is visited, it will be as part of the final patch of Midnight. It cannot carry an entire expansion on its own.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You lost me at the compassionate abomination having a Core of Eternals heart thing from Zereth Mortis.
    You included enough from Shadowlands already, must you include such lame bs as that?
    I thought to myself, what could give life to a lifeless creature besides necromancy. And, it occured to me that these robotic creations in Zereth Mortis are animated somehow, so i came up with the core of the eternals, who are also robots, apparently, and not undead creatures. I imagine it to basically be the spheres in the middle of their bodies, or the one pulled out from the Arbiter.

It's kind of the whole point. Azeroth is super duper special and is the only world that the Legion couldn't destroy in its millennia-long Burning Crusade.

The planet of the Ethereal is also just Outland 2.0 as it was destroyed and blown up by Dimensius. If it is visited, it will be as part of the final patch of Midnight. It cannot carry an entire expansion on its own.
    I find it hard to believe that there is no life in the entire Warcraft universe besides Azeroth. One example would be Outland\Draenor, but i believe there must be more.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I find it hard to believe that there is no life in the entire Warcraft universe besides Azeroth. One example would be Outland\Draenor, but i believe there must be more.
    Small and irrelevant pockets of Life? Sure.

Enough life and varied civilizations to carry an entire expansion? Besides Outland and Draenor (which is in an alternate timeline)? None.

Blizzard and the Story's characters are not exaggerating when they say things like:

"Your world is the last standing. It, too, will be purged." - Wrath-Lord Lekos

"I have seen the end of your pitiful world, Wrynn. You will perish in felfire, like ten thousand worlds before your own. The legion is ENDLESS." - Gul'dan

"It is a vast demonic army that has consumed countless worlds beyond our own. Now, it comes to set this world to the flame. Our master was created to pave the way for its arrival. The dreadlords were sent to make sure that he succeeded."
    -Kel'thuzad

And many other statements from credible sources.

This is not Star Wars. This is not Starcraft. This is Warcraft.

In Warcraft, the only planet left standing, the only beacon of hope in a galaxy infested with demons, is Azeroth. It's the whole point of the series and why Azeroth is the primary setting of the franchise.

You want an Outland 2.0 expansion, which can be done simply by revamping Outland.

Small and irrelevant pockets of Life? Sure.

Enough life and varied civilizations to carry an entire expansion? Besides Outland and Draenor (which is in an alternate timeline)? None.
    I find it hard to believe. The Legion might have erased countless worlds, but it sure as hell didn't cover the entire universe. Besides, there is so much they can do with Azeroth. At some point, it will be filled out.

Blizzard and the Story's characters are not exaggerating when they say things like:

And many other statements from credible sources.

This is not Star Wars. This is not Starcraft. This is Warcraft.
    Well, as of now, that we know of. Remember, they are always retconning and expanding and even the mighty Titans or the Legion do not know everything.

In Warcraft, the only planet left standing, the only beacon of hope in a galaxy infested with demons, is Azeroth. It's the whole point of the series and why Azeroth is the primary setting of the franchise.
    Primary, but not the only. It is true that Azeroth is the center of the franchise. But, there are other planets and other lives, otherwise the Shadowlands would only be dependent on us for a constant stream of souls.

You want an Outland 2.0 expansion, which can be done simply by revamping Outland.
    Why revamp when you can introduce?
    They already introduced Outland 2.0 with Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion Invasion Portals in Argus feature half a dozen worlds that haven't yet been destroyed by the Legion, with a variety of biomes and overflowing with life.
    There's also Elunaria, a planet connected with the Titan Eonar.

Place is lousy with planets. The whole 'there's nothing left in our way' is hyperbole. Azeroth may be the last world out there with a dormant Worldsoul though, hence 'the Last Titan.'

Not exactly true.

We know of races that once were Night Warriors and worshipped Elune, races we've never seen before. And just because the character we met was dead and in the afterlife doesn't mean their entire race is also dead and gone; Blizzard has seeded enough that they could still be relevant as a strong allied army and not just 'pockets of life'. Same with any other race we haven't seen that may have encountered Naaru or other such benevelont demi-god or god-like beings.

This thread is a prime example of why Shadowlands lore failed.

OP and others here don't actually have a valid reason for asspulling an entire planet that mysteriously and magically survived the Legion's millennia-long, Universal genocide.

Guess what, you start asspulling things out of nowhere for cool rule, you end up with trash lore like Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Legion Invasion Portals in Argus feature half a dozen worlds that haven't yet been destroyed by the Legion, with a variety of biomes and overflowing with life.
    There's also Elunaria, a planet connected with the Titan Eonar.

Place is lousy with planets. The whole 'there's nothing left in our way' is hyperbole. Azeroth may be the last world out there with a dormant Worldsoul though, hence 'the Last Titan.'
    Those "half a dozen planet" did not have the meat to carry an entire expansion and were relegated to a gameplay gimmick for 7.3.

From an aesthetic point of view, having an expansion of ALL doom, gloom, blood and edge wouldn't have quite the visual diversity they prefer. We've had "invading the legion homeworld, there's demons everywhere and everything is cracked and ruined" with Argus and even that had a comparatively blooming subzone. We had the Drustvar zone, but that was counterbalanced by glorious buzzy bee gorgeousness Stormsong Valley. And we had Revendreth and the Maw, but they were counterbalanced by the hyperfusion of Suramar and the Dream that was Ardenweald.

IDK I just feel like an expansion trying to combine all those edgy zone themes into one would get as tiring as we got in Legion of that black + nickelodeon fel slime green look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those "half a dozen planet" did not have the meat to carry an entire expansion and were relegated to a gameplay gimmick for 7.3.
    The parts we saw were just arenas for world bosses, of course they wouldn't have an expansion's worth of content. The point is they exist, there's stuff out there. Like Outland, like Argus, regions on Azeroth like Pandaria and the Dragon Isles, with time it can be developed, tied into major existing storyline elements, built into a solid concept. They were all throw-away lines in lore at some point too. There were people who thought Outland or Northrend couldn't carry an expansion back when they were announced, based on the mono-environment snippets we'd seen of them in WC3.

It's harder to do that with a fan concept since they usually focus on one expansion idea rather than threads built up over multiple expansions. But with Denathrius out there brimming with villain potential, him and the Nathrezim being a major antagonistic force is entirely plausible. Especially with the demon factions lacking a powerful leader currently. An Outland-esque concept where Nathreza becomes connected to Azeroth and the new zone has you staving off a new demon invasion by Denathrius, maybe tying it into some of the more expansive lore with the higher powers, could well serve as another Outland 2.0 expansion.

The parts we saw were just arenas for world bosses, of course they wouldn't have an expansion's worth of content. The point is they exist, there's stuff out there. Like Outland, like Argus, regions on Azeroth like Pandaria and the Dragon Isles, with time it can be developed, tied into major existing storyline elements, built into a solid concept. They were all throw-away lines in lore at some point too. There were people who thought Outland or Northrend couldn't carry an expansion back when they were announced, based on the mono-environment snippets we'd seen of them in WC3.

It's harder to do that with a fan concept since they usually focus on one expansion idea rather than threads built up over multiple expansions. But with Denathrius out there brimming with villain potential, him and the Nathrezim being a major antagonistic force is entirely plausible. Especially with the demon factions lacking a powerful leader currently. An Outland-esque concept where Nathreza becomes connected to Azeroth and the new zone has you staving off a new demon invasion by Denathrius, maybe tying it into some of the more expansive lore with the higher powers, could well serve as another Outland 2.0 expansion.
    Blizzard bothered with Outland and Northrend because they contained characters and storylines that people cared about.

There's nothing worthwhile in Random Planet #22 that was invaded by General DoomBob in Legion.

I guarantee you that Blizzard's resources are better spent simply revamping Outland, like Midnight will do with Quel'Thalas and TLT with Northrend.

- - - Updated - - -

An expansion centred around Denathrius, the Nathrezim, and the Legion's remnants can simply take place in a Revamped Outland.

1) Outland was always a staging ground for the Legion's troops in their invasion of Azeroth, all the way back to WC3 (it's implied that Archimonde was waiting in Outland for Kel'thuzad to summon him);

2) People actually care about Outland:

This thread is a prime example of why Shadowlands lore failed.

OP and others here don't actually have a valid reason for asspulling an entire planet that mysteriously and magically survived the Legion's millennia-long, Universal genocide.

Guess what, you start asspulling things out of nowhere for cool rule, you end up with trash lore like Shadowlands.
    "Although Nathreza blew apart, part of it survived in some form."

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    From an aesthetic point of view, having an expansion of ALL doom, gloom, blood and edge wouldn't have quite the visual diversity they prefer. We've had "invading the legion homeworld, there's demons everywhere and everything is cracked and ruined" with Argus and even that had a comparatively blooming subzone. We had the Drustvar zone, but that was counterbalanced by glorious buzzy bee gorgeousness Stormsong Valley. And we had Revendreth and the Maw, but they were counterbalanced by the hyperfusion of Suramar and the Dream that was Ardenweald.

IDK I just feel like an expansion trying to combine all those edgy zone themes into one would get as tiring as we got in Legion of that black + nickelodeon fel slime green look.
    And the Dragon Isles was all magical and bright (except for a few here and there).
    Thing is, i tried to vary it by not all of it being just about vampires. That's why the Legion in this concept isn't green, which is tiresome, but classic orange hellfire.

Pretty much. I had like 2-3 weekends to work on it. I'm not on the scale of a company.

Blizzard bothered with Outland and Northrend because they contained characters and storylines that people cared about.

There's nothing worthwhile in Random Planet #22 that was invaded by General DoomBob in Legion.

I guarantee you that Blizzard's resources are better spent simply revamping Outland, like Midnight will do with Quel'Thalas and TLT with Northrend.

- - - Updated - - -

An expansion centred around Denathrius, the Nathrezim, and the Legion's remnants can simply take place in a Revamped Outland.

1) Outland was always a staging ground for the Legion's troops in their invasion of Azeroth, all the way back to WC3 (it's implied that Archimonde was waiting in Outland for Kel'thuzad to summon him);

2) People actually care about Outland:

But why Outland again, for the third time?
    There is K'aresh, you know, the homeworld of the Ethereals, who people care about, and Karkora, a planet cleansed by the Light.