Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    AI is still just a tool. Even SORA without a creative mind behind it all won't produce anything good.

- - - Updated - - -

Noob question: Is Machinima a program?
    Machinima is basically making videos, clips, movies etc. using game engines or various tools with which you can manipulate the models. For WoW it was very popular to use the model viewer and in-game footage to create scenes and animated stuff like Illegal Danish, MC raiders, Azerothian superviallians etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Family business started from absolute scratch.
    As a person who have literally 0 art talent i always felt slightly jealous that some people can make their living only basing on their high dice roll when born - times change.
    I'm sorry but do you know how stupid you sound? You think those people don't put hundreds/thousands of hours into what they do? You think anyone comes out of the womb with the ability to create amazing art?

How can you say this without the least bit of self-awareness that, maybe your "high dice roll" was being born in a family with a family business? Lmao.

15+ Year Old Account
    AI is still just a tool. Even SORA without a creative mind behind it all won't produce anything good.

- - - Updated - - -
    It doesn't matter. The point is SORA was created. And AI will continue to progress exponentially. In fact, I reckon soon they will just use bigger AI to teach smaller AI.

AI is already making decisions that impact people's lives. Those decisions will ultimately continue to progress in scale as well.

They've already set proof of concept: corporate personhood and nonbinary gender identity are the building blocks of AI ascension. You think corporations won't pass laws for AI like they did for themselves? What a joke that idea is. And eventually AI, think 50 years from now or more, will be able to argue it's sentience on its own - without the need for a creative mind to plant those seeds.

People who think movies like 2001 and The Matrix aren't more than fantasy make me laugh. No wonder they spend so much time struggling with the knot, tying tighter around their necks.

Yes and i will use it exactly same way as currently Photoshop very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Just because you don't actually understand art and the workload it takes doesn't mean everyone else's viewpoints on it is invalid.
    Never said otherwise.
    My and others opinions are pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I'm sorry but do you know how stupid you sound? You think those people don't put hundreds/thousands of hours into what they do? You think anyone comes out of the womb with the ability to create amazing art?
    Of course.
    Talent is base.
    Hardworking, learning and investing houndreds of hours are the rest.

How can you say this without the least bit of self-awareness that, maybe your "high dice roll" was being born in a family with a family business? Lmao.
    I was equal part of starting it from scratch with my siblings.
    There was no company before we started it.
    How exactly my own hardwork is 'high dice rolling'?

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Just the same as they did in the past 20 years when people used their artwork to make machinima.
    This. They'll tolerate it as long as nobody earns money.

I fucking can't wait a few more years to see 90% of artists being even more mad and finally going to get 'normal' jobs not basing on their born talent.
    thats definitely an ... opinion .. i guess?
    holy shit .. wildest take ive read here in quite a while ..

Family business started from absolute scratch.
    As a person who have literally 0 art talent i always felt slightly jealous that some people can make their living only basing on their high dice roll when born - times change.
    So, would you take issue if someone said "I hope Amazon catches on to your family business and starts doing it for less and with greater convenience?" Since it'd be kind of the same thing, someone hoping your livelihood is potentially ripped out from under you because... jealousy, I guess.

I don't follow, someone putting thousands of hours of work and practice into developing artistic talent = "high dice roll," but someone putting thousands of hours into building a business = "not a high dice roll?"
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai

Never said otherwise.
    My and others opinions are pointless
    ... You ARE saying otherwise though.

You're declaring that other people's opinions on it are pointless just because it's a field you do not have experience in.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This. They'll tolerate it as long as nobody earns money.
    Blizzard should go after the AI provider and make those pay for the artwork though. Since those programs are meant to earn money after they fix you on with a couple free prompts.

I fucking can't wait a few more years to see 90% of artists being even more mad and finally going to get 'normal' jobs not basing on their born talent.
    So what's your 'normal' job? Assuming you have one.

Btw, talent is a myth. It's a lot of work, nobody gets born and they magically create digital art that will never need improvement, because it's already perfect. Due to talent, of course. Ppl who think otherwise are just lazy and blame it on "talent".

Of course.
    Talent is base.
    Talent isn't real. They just liked drawing and kept doing it and got better. They sucked just as much as you do right now when they had put in as few hours as you, they just kept doing the thing while you decided you liked other things more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I am more interested in an AI you can get to play world of warcraft with you.
    That already exists in follower dungeons

Yes and i will use it exactly same way as currently Photoshop very soon.

Never said otherwise.
    My and others opinions are pointless.

Of course.
    Talent is base.

"From scratch with my siblings"

Try again when it's actually "from scratch", lol.

Like how it feels when you get invalidated?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    He doesn't have one; his siblings who are actually functioning adults know they have to carry their video gaming dweeb brother through life.

I will absolutely never understand the mental framework which possesses a person to be excited for a dystopian future where creative people are marginalized by technology. These same fucking people are the ones who are constantly bitching about media lacking artistic flair and the mediocrity of franchise movies. I really hate it here sometimes.

"AI art will put artists out of work!" you have it backwards. We already have a society of bad art and no good artists. The reason why "AI art" is a phenomena now is because most modern artists are awful. Academia spent 100 years destroying art. You need to teach people how to create good art again before you can complain about the machine creating better art. Good artists are very rare and it is very difficult to find them, which is why they are booked months in advance and are expensive to contract. That's why the book industry shifted to using photoshopped book covers. The book industry has accepted that it is okay to not have art. AI art (remixing preexisting graphics) is functionally no different than photoshopped book covers, which we already have now.

The whining about AI art now is superfluous. Most of the paying gigs have either been using it already for composition purposes or were replaced by stock photos many years ago (see: photoshopped book covers). The job opportunities at the moment are the same as it was before. You just need to be really, really good to stand out above the crowd to get a gig.

Holy f... guys.
    You all are so mad at single post.
    Take a chill... or i will just help you by my last reply to stop you guys wasting your precious time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    So, would you take issue if someone said "I hope Amazon catches on to your family business and starts doing it for less and with greater convenience?" Since it'd be kind of the same thing, someone hoping your livelihood is potentially ripped out from under you because... jealousy, I guess.
    I dunno...
    This 'bad Amazon' does not sound like a threat for us... for at least few reasons...

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    I don't follow, someone putting thousands of hours of work and practice into developing artistic talent = "high dice roll," but someone putting thousands of hours into building a business = "not a high dice roll?"
    Funny how you said in your own sentence about talent confirming my point.
    Never said otherwise that it does not require time and practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    ... You ARE saying otherwise though.

You're declaring that other people's opinions on it are pointless just because it's a field you do not have experience in.
    Treat my opinion as pointless and move on then as i do after this post?

Check my other posts to know that?

Btw, talent is a myth. It's a lot of work, nobody gets born and they magically create digital art that will never need improvement, because it's already perfect. Due to talent, of course. Ppl who think otherwise are just lazy and blame it on "talent".
    Somebody else correctly said earlier in this thread that being tall in basketball will make your career much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Talent isn't real. They just liked drawing and kept doing it and got better. They sucked just as much as you do right now when they had put in as few hours as you, they just kept doing the thing while you decided you liked other things more.
    Art is not only drawing.

"From scratch with my siblings"

Try again when it's actually "from scratch", lol.

Like how it feels when you get invalidated?
    I knew exaclty that you will keep trying to invalidate what i've done by hardworking by saying 'you siblings did all'...
    Salesman job in supermarket is also invalid as there are other 20 people working... because you know... he could do it all alone?

He doesn't have one; his siblings who are actually functioning adults know they have to carry their video gaming dweeb brother through life.
    Oh man... so many wrong assumptions in one sentence.
    How surprising you know me better me myself.

Again - peace guys and see you all in other threads.

Holy f... guys.
    You all are so mad at single post.
    Take a chill... or i will just help you by my last reply to stop you guys wasting your precious time.

I dunno...
    This 'bad Amazon' does not sound like a threat for us... for at least few reasons...

Funny how you said in your own sentence about talent confirming my point.
    Never said otherwise that it does not require time and practice.

Check my other posts to know that?

Somebody else correctly said earlier in this thread that being tall in basketball will make your career much easier.

Art is not only drawing.

I knew exaclty that you will keep trying to invalidate what i've done by hardworking by saying 'you siblings did all'...
    Salesman job in supermarket is also invalid as there are other 20 people working... because you know... he could do it all alone?

Oh man... so many wrong assumptions in one sentence.
    How surprising you know me better me myself.

Again - peace guys and see you all in other threads.
    I mean I don't blame you for bowing out now that you've rightfully been fully reamed by every reasonable human being that posts here. That's much easier than actually learning from your mistake and being less misanthropic.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    "AI art will put artists out of work!" you have it backwards. We already have a society of bad art and no good artists. The reason why "AI art" is a phenomena now is because most modern artists are awful. Academia spent 100 years destroying art.
    I didn't expect the ol' "COLLEGE RUINED IT!" to come up here, but it's the quickest way to show that you also have no knowledge about art considering a vast amount of historical art is about challenging the idea of what art is.

Would be easier to do so if you weren't being so snarky to everyone responding.

Like, do you not get the irony of you being sarcastic to people belittling your efforts after you made a sweeping generalization that trivialized an entire career and their efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    "AI art will put artists out of work!" you have it backwards. We already have a society of bad art and no good artists. The reason why "AI art" is a phenomena now is because most modern artists are awful. Academia spent 100 years destroying art. You need to teach people how to create good art again before you can complain about the machine creating better art. Good artists are very rare and it is very difficult to find them, which is why they are booked months in advance and are expensive to contract. That's why the book industry shifted to using photoshopped book covers. The book industry has accepted that it is okay to not have art. AI art (remixing preexisting graphics) is functionally no different than photoshopped book covers, which we already have now.

The whining about AI art now is superfluous. Most of the paying gigs have either been using it already for composition purposes or were replaced by stock photos many years ago (see: photoshopped book covers). The job opportunities at the moment are the same as it was before. You just need to be really, really good to stand out above the crowd to get a gig.
    Art is labor and when you reduce the entry fee for that labor to "type a few words and computer goes brrr" then you are effectively putting people who would have otherwise been able to sustain themselves via contract work out of business. If you can't see how eliminating an entire sector from the workforce may have some unintended side effects on the economy then you're delusional at best and sociopathic at worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fucking take is this? You really think there's a sizeable amount of artists that got there by being "born talented", and not being practicing multiple hours a day for several years? This is the take of someone who has drawn 20 minutes, and since it didn't turn out as a masterpiece, thought that artists must all be born that way and they never had to practice hours and hours on end to end up like that. Do you think great programmers are also born with computer-for-brain and they just see algorithms? Great surgeons just do it naturally and were able to operate successfully on their first try?

Quite easily the shittiest take of the month, by far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I am more interested in an AI you can get to play world of warcraft with you.
    And I bet a lot of people on this forum wants AI to play WoW for them, since it has to be played, but they don't enjoy it for a reason or another.