Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frostmourne Sword ... fake or real? :/

Just saw that there were pictures posted which show frostmourne as a legendary item. But many people think that this is just a fake created by blizzard.
    source: http://www.wowszene.de/comment.php?comment.news.1195

http://my.buffed.de/fileadmin/mybuff...ure-large-.jpg
    http://www.wowwiki.com/images/3/35/B...rostmourne.jpg

Re: Frostmourne Sword ... fake or real? :/

Hard to say, blizz, could be making a joke, although I would not expect anyless from the stats and dmg this screenshot shows. I mean, it's FROSTMOURN!

Imo: give casters a quest to get the epic version of skull of guldan at 80 legendary! DOOOO IT BLIZZ!
    I'm usually at the other end of that fireball you just got in your face ;-)

It's a joke from Blizzard, it was shown during the Blizzcon but this isn't the real Frostmourne.

As long as the real frostmourn is as good or better I'm happy :-)
    Deathknight only? (that would make every lore lover roll it and drop their main chars though).

When they put a bruce cambell quote under it....it's a joke

Not to say it's not a possible drop but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Lareit

If illidan's blades can drop, the Frostmourn will too!
    I can't imagine they would not release it, every single person who can hold a 2h and use it (aka, not hunters) dreams of this! Warriors, Pallies and deathknight will be wielding that baby in a years time I say :-)

there are both pros and cons here.
    first of; logical loot. from this point of view frostmourne should be dropped and be useable.
    but, the vielder of the sword will become one with the lich king, and it would be goddamn hard for blizz to twist the lore in a sattisfying way on that matter.

Clockwork

If you can remember about a year and a half or so back (screenshots at the bottom of this post) people could link the Warglaive's of Azzinoth, but they had insane stats and an equip to make them a 2h, not sure but they might have also been classed as GM weapons.

Anyway, they made it into the game (Illidan's new legendary drops) but of course without the overpowered stats (although the current ones are pretty amazing still). I have no doubt the sword will make it into the game, but as what happened with the Warglaives, not quite as overpowered as what they once were.

Screenshot 1: http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/9543/untitledfr0.jpg
    Screenshot 2: http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/8...titled1mm5.jpg

I completely agree with the previous, and if I didn't mention the stat nerf, it's just cause I assumed it was logical enough not to be mentioned (although you have to admit those stats would look good on our future DeathKnights!)

In the words of Blizzard:

"im the lich king, lol"

it will prob drop, but those stats are a joke,

look at the equip even, if u think this sword in the screenshot is legit, ur dumb

Equipping it should flag you as undead. Whilst it would be fun to /wave through stratholm and Kharazhan going anywhere else with it would bring down a rain of gankage. Actually it should be an undead debuff so you cant just un-equip if you are having your ass handed to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn
    Equipping it should flag you as undead. Whilst it would be fun to /wave through stratholm and Kharazhan going anywhere else with it would bring down a rain of gankage. Actually it should be an undead debuff so you cant just un-equip if you are having your ass handed to you!
    How would you get your ass handed to you wielding this baby!?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Juju
    Quote Originally Posted by Lareit

If illidan's blades can drop, the Frostmourn will too!
    I can't imagine they would not release it, every single person who can hold a 2h and use it (aka, not hunters) dreams of this! Warriors, Pallies and deathknight will be wielding that baby in a years time I say :-)
    I don't think warriors would get to wield it....they have gotten to much love from legendary

Frostmourn will be (I'm just guessing here) a runeblade, thereofre only DK's will be allowed to wield it (that would give the new class the 'epic feel' wanted, now wouldn't it, and it would make sense too)

Actually for a couple of days ago there was 2 legendary weapons added on thottbot (newest items) one of the was Frostmourne... there is alot of "fake" or those created on a private server item on thottbot but this one was not so "overpowered" with sockets and coh and everything... but was one-handed... the other legendary item was called "uther's hammer" also with sockets and not overpowered at all... but had Holy resist which made all SCREAM IN CAPs that is was a FAKE... both items were deleted same day from the database... but talking about holy resist... it really in game... but the only thing that gives you holy resist in game (so far) is a potion made my alch which can be bought in wetlands as i remember (the recipe ofc)

I rather disagree on giving it to the DK only.

If blizzard gives a single class a legendary that has been in game for all of 2 months while classes since the begining of the game have yet to receive one, they would see a very large backlash. While it would be logical, I don't think they could do it. Too many classes have been begging for legendaries for a while. For example: Paladins. TF was useless and 1/100000000 TF's were actually used by a Paladin. Let's not even talk about Hand of Rag. I'm sure many clases have a case for finally receiving a legendary. IMO there need to be more legendaries in the game. I don't mean they should be easy to get. Make every one of them just as much of a pain in the arse as the At'iesh staff. Just bring more of them.

making frostmourne only a DK wep would be unfair but still... as we have read and heard from blizzcon they are thinking of making a legendary bow (or maybe ranged item) which can only be used by hunter... so might be true that Frostmourne most likely will go for a DK rather then for a warr or a pally since its a 2h

they should make it an artifact and limit to 1/server (just like scarab lord)

tbh that would make it rly shitty cuz then its only the hardcore player/raider that will get that wep...