Advice needed- you may face the same issues

Hello I currently have 2123 Arena points (with tomorrow's points) and as a Warrior I currently have the Merciless Legs, Shoulders and Hands (Head and Chest are from s1).

My questions are:

1) Shall I spent on Chest tomorrow or start saving for Season 3 and take advantake of resilience "buff" (that 2 pieces of each set give) with its upcoming impact on DoTs? If I spend on Chest tomorrow I get the following boost on stats:

+ 200 Armor (approx)
    +12 more strength
    +110 More HP
    +5 more Crit rating
    +2 more Hit rating
    -34 resilience

2) Shall I wait to collect the Merciless Greatsword? I currently have Deep Thunder and dunno if its worth having the Merciless Sword and spend so much on it. Or wait till S3 and get the weapon (I am guildless so getting SH I think may not be feasible)?

3) I have a question on another topic: Its rumored that you will need 1900 rating to be eligible to get weapon on S3. Well we all know 1.9k rating in 2v2 is not the same as in 3v3 and 5v5. I also hear rumors that it will be changed to 1750 Rating. Anyone knows of any developments in this respect?

Thank you for your attention to an issue which I am sure concerns many of you guys.

Re: Advice needed- you may face the same issues

You play this game NOW, maybe not tomorrow, or next week, let alone in a few months... Season 3 is months away, have fun now, dont wait, that's my advice, cause... maybe next month, you play something else...

Deleted

Do you think you can save up enough to get the s3 gear in a few months? It's ATLEAST that far away, t5 skins was added to arena with the introduction of t6 armour, so t6 skins prolly equals t7 raid gear, that means we first gotta get the 2.2 live, then 2.3 (Zul'aman) then 2.4 (Supposedly the Sunwell) And then about THAT time we'll see the s3 gear live, If I were you, I would get the gear now, as your wow experience might aswell stop before that time, and WoTLK most likely will follow close up to the s3 introduction..... Making it give you a nice leveling boost but nothing more, if WoTLK follows close to s3, you won't be enjoying the lvl 70 arena bracket for that long....

I'd say, have fun now, think about tommorow tommorow....

When you are closing the 5000 point limit you should reconsider if the next s3 isnt behind the door

Quote Originally Posted by starburst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fersas
    When you are closing the 5000 point limit you should reconsider if the next s3 isnt behind the door
    just shut the fuck up please.
    wtf are you saying? saving up isnt a bad idea, but if you get close to 5000 arena points than you may want to buy pieces one by one. Now, I'm pretty sure S3 is suppose to comeout in 2.3 maybe 2-3 months away? Maybe even less?

ok first off u should go with what u feel and not what other people think, second season 3 is coming out in 2.3 patch which is supposed to be realease in mid october or beginning of november so its only 1-2 months so its up to u i would say though save unless u really want it for yoru own satisfaction cuz u have great gear alrdy

Maturity ftl, please consider thinking before posting.

We have no idea when S3 is coming out, it's most likely November (educated guess), no need to flame and act like some big man by using big kid words..

I say spend your points, no need to stash points really, I say spend 3000 at most, save the last 2000 for S3 later on down the road.
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaker
    wtf are you saying? saving up isnt a bad idea, but if you get close to 5000 arena points than you may want to buy pieces one by one. Now, I'm pretty sure S3 is suppose to comeout in 2.3 maybe 2-3 months away? Maybe even less?
    2.2 is not even out yet. 2.3 wont come out before like next year.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Super guys I followed your advice. And got the last part of Arena gear (Chest) today. As for when S3 will be out. I have estimated that if i start saving now I may have 4.2+ k as S3 lands.

i'm not saving points, i am spending all, hoping to get a good title before new season, duelist maybe... so you made a good choice :P dont save any

Unfortunately I am not going to be in the same position where I can decide between waiting or getting gear now. (I need too many upgrades now). However IMHO getting gear now is not a bad move by any means. You have the gear, you get stat increases, instead of waiting around for season three. If you have the points use them now and when season three is imminent start saving.

15+ Year Old Account

i agree to spend the points as you get them. i did it with season 1. my team wasn't the greatest i believe at best 1600 (mage, hunter, rogue) on 3v3. but the advantage was when season 2 came out we were already ahead fo teams that waited because we had one 2pc bonus and were able to get another quickly. the worst is when everybody on the team waits because then you have no chance of survival because every team you face in the higher brackets will be better geared.

another point is when s3 comes out. if it comes out in a few days you still will be better geared than most. if it comes out in a few months you will eventually run out of things to buy and have saved points.

most of all it is your game to play. buy save whatever just have fun.

Dude, with Cata so close, just go with your gut. Also, wait until you hit level 80 because unless you plan to stay that level forever... Arena is much more fun at 80. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by protection66 View Post
    Dude, with Cata so close, just go with your gut. Also, wait until you hit level 80 because unless you plan to stay that level forever... Arena is much more fun at 80. Just my two cents.
    Thank you, for digging up this thread from... 2007.

Yay necro-postage!