Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Again PvE items getting close to being better than PvP for PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Many go 33/28 though for Flurry
    it would be pretty hard to shield reflect without tactical mastery, but it's up to you if you want to nuke or change stances alot like i do with disarm, shield reflect, intervene, intercept, overpower etc
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    it would be pretty hard to shield reflect without tactical mastery, but it's up to you if you want to nuke or change stances alot like i do with disarm, shield reflect, intervene, intercept, overpower etc
    Smart mages know when to time their nukes. If they see u in shield they wait for u to pop reflect and use a lower lvl cast so u waste ur reflect.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Warrior are TOTALLY dependent on their partner.

Partner/Healer Sucks - warrior sucks.

Locks do really need much more downward adjustments. It indeed is a buff for warriors but...but locks are still very very powerfull.

As a mage I really do find games against warriors a joke. But i must say they are fun to play.
    a mage saying warlocks need a nerf now thats irony for you people

warlocks are 100x more powerful than mages...
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Agreed locks need more adjustments- downward- I mean ;D

I got a lock also-just reached him 70 last week- who is I could say a little crap geared and I can say that I rock n roll dance in arenas. Just check how many people level up new lock toons its really insane- its unbelievable. Would there be so much demand in leveling locks had they been underpowered?

p.s Dont nerf me cause I am in love with my easy mode toon

Quote Originally Posted by Narzania
    I got a lock also-just reached him 70 last week- who is I could say a little crap geared and I can say that I rock n roll dance in arenas. Just check how many people level up new lock toons its really insane- its unbelievable. Would there be so much demand in leveling locks had they been underpowered?

p.s Dont nerf me cause I am in love with my easy mode toon
    Ha ha yes I know how you feel ;D I have been leveling an imba lock toon myself. ;D He is level 47 atm ;D Cant wait till I get him into the arena fields ;D I love locks

Deleted

i think its simply nonsense if u guys whine cuz pve items are better. it was always like this, and id SHOULD be always so.

just compere:
    pvp items were better till aq40 and naxx came out.
    why shouldnt in be like this in bc? the amount of time your investing for pvp items is much much lower then for pve items!

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I simply do not get why PvP'er cry when XXX Item that drops from XXX Boss in XXX Raid zone is "better" then their arena gear. They can invest 4-8 weeks and be guaranteed an item they want. Currently I'm on my 8th Archi kill (8 Weeks) my 4th Illdan kill (4 weeks) and still have not gotten my new Bow. And your going to cry that when i get that bow its better then your S3 Wep? seems kind of selfish and self centered don't you think considering you invested maybe 1-2 days a week in the Arena while I'm investing 4-5 days a week in Raids and another 1-2 hours a day in farming Materials for Potions/Flasks/Gold for repairs.

If you invested that much time and efforts in to PvP then i might agree with people that claim PvP items should be as good/better then the equivalent Tier item. PvE Armor os NOT good for PvP Simple the only things from PvE that have any reasonable use in PVP are items that don't have their PvP Equivalent (Trinkets/Weps)

IMO the items should reflect the time invested, PvE takes alot more of work and dedication, dedication to your guild, to be on time be there day in and day out to put forward 110% even when you don't even want to be online. While with recent changes to the Arena system it has been proven that dedication is something a lot of Arena Teams don't have, in fact it was so bad that Blizzard decided to help put a stop to it. Before you cry, think about the ammount of time it takes for that PvE'er to get that item, compare it to the ammount of time/effort you invest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

I agree with Iosif. My thing is get your s3 weapon and use it. pve gear is for pve ( mostly) and pvp gear is for pvp ( mostly). his 8 mana per shot from the illiadan bow isnt going to help his pvp much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck
    i think its simply nonsense if u guys whine cuz pve items are better. it was always like this, and id SHOULD be always so.

just compere:
    pvp items were better till aq40 and naxx came out.
    why shouldnt in be like this in bc? the amount of time your investing for pvp items is much much lower then for pve items!
    you gota be kidding, if someone walks into the arena with PvE gear at probably ~1.8k+ rating they will get crushed.

yep I wear mostly pve gear and dont go hardcore at arena , my rating stays around 150-1650 cause I get murdered as a shaman in lite ssc/tk gear.

Quote Originally Posted by protein
    yep I wear mostly pve gear and dont go hardcore at arena , my rating stays around 150-1650 cause I get murdered as a shaman in lite ssc/tk gear.
    It all depends whether you are targetted first or not.PvE gear has insane dps therefore if you combine PvP+PvE gear, accessories, Trinkets etc you get better results than with purely PvP gear. However, if you enter Arenas with only PvE gear ofc you will get slaughtered.

i still disagree, i reckon full pvp gear is better than a mix of pvp and pve, i think my opinion applies alot more to 3v3 and 5v5 though, but still 2v2 awell. Pvp gear still gives great damage stats, stats that are more important for pvp imo, the main stats like crit rating + attack power, or spell dmg and a little crit,

i still disagree, i reckon full pvp gear is better than a mix of pvp and pve, i think my opinion applies alot more to 3v3 and 5v5 though, but still 2v2 awell. Pvp gear still gives great damage stats, stats that are more important for pvp imo, the main stats like crit rating + attack power, or spell dmg and a little crit,
    I believe that 80% PvP items + 20% PvE is quite a good ratio. Best dps trinkets you can find are through PvE hands down you want me to name them? Ther is also an amazing belt you can get from PvE with more crit, more Strength and +hit. I wont get into details. Also some insane dmg rings which also include resilience can be rerived from PvE.

ah yes i deffinately agree that it's a good idea to have 1 pve trinket, i have icon of the silver crescent + medallion on my mage

ah yes i deffinately agree that it's a good idea to have 1 pve trinket, i have icon of the silver crescent + medallion on my mage
    Yes but not only trinket.There are other items here and there that are very useful in PvP from PvE.

The only things I can consider good in PvE are the trinkets as there aren't really any DPS trinkets through PvP, and the flaccid excuse of a trinket that came out with 2.3 (Battlemaster's <Whatever>) that has a temporary effect of a commanding shout doesn't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor
    The only things I can consider good in PvE are the trinkets as there aren't really any DPS trinkets through PvP, and the flaccid excuse of a trinket that came out with 2.3 (Battlemaster's <Whatever>) that has a temporary effect of a commanding shout doesn't cut it.
    Have you considered that, as a warrior you need also hit rating? You tend to miss quite a lot in PvP if you got low hit rating and what I mean by low hit rating is that the Gladiator Battlegear is really not enough..Where do you get +hit items?

ur.. wuts hit raeting?

I'm at 85 hit rating right now (5.39%) and for all practical purposes I never miss. Band of the Exorcist gives me 10 rating, which I will easily make up for (after getting the new honor ring) with Surefooted.
    Full S3, including S3 2H weapon: 12+12+12 + 15 (weapon) + 16 (head enchant) = 67 hit rating (copy-pasta'd from wowhead comments); add surefooted, that's 77 hit rating. Seeing as for a PvP warrior going far above 79 (5% hit) is kind of pointless, I'll take the 77. If I notice the 2 hit rating I will be short of 79 to make me miss a lot, I'll just throw a +8 hit or a +4 hit/+4 agi gem in one of my yellow sockets and will be set.

Then again, I'm open for suggestions and if you think 79 hit is not enough, please do explain why - I'd be more than happy to see a way to improve my PvPness.

On a side note: I would really like to see some +expertise gems, seeing a parry on your MS is not pretty.

Also, do you know a good addon (preferably Ace-2, since Ace kicks ass) that would allow me to keep track of how many misses/parries/dodges out of all hits I get. You got me curious about numbers.