Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mage Changes to CoC??? are u kidding me?

wandering about on the ptr i've discovered, that CoC can't be use mid-air anymore. does anyone know something about it? maybe a bluepost to backup this change?

Re: Mage Changes to CoC??? are u kidding me?

yes, read the 2.3 patch notes

AoE spells does not benefit any more from casting while jumping.

I mean the range wen you jump

Everything Mario has taught us is a lie.

nerfing the range-bug.. that i get.

taking away the ONE thing, that keeps you allive against most meleeclasses.. no way.

What happens when you try to cast it?

I heard it was just a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by schworck
    wandering about on the ptr i've discovered, that CoC can't be use mid-air anymore. does anyone know something about it? maybe a bluepost to backup this change?
    Its not a nerf its just a bug that was fixed.

pff nerfing mages is pathetic, its going to be hard to get used to the new way CoC works, i always use it while jumping + swizzling around -.-
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by schworck
    nerfing the range-bug.. that i get.

taking away the ONE thing, that keeps you allive against most meleeclasses.. no way.
    I *really* don't get the problem. They've removed a *BUG* that people were using to be more effective.

CoC still works. Still slows your opponent(s).

That said, I never understood why people feel the need to jump around when in combat anyway. Constantly moving, sure, I get it, but jumping? I suppose it *could* make it a little harder for people to target you, but certainly it's no major thing.

bug?

it's just as simple as that: i have to keep moving in order to survive confrontations with melees. while most of them keep me slowed in some way (string,howl ...), my way of slowing them is to use my coc. btw it's nice dmg, i a situation where i can only depend on my instants really. if this actually hits, i WILL stop playing my mage. it's ridicoulus

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst
    I *really* don't get the problem. They've removed a *BUG* that people were using to be more effective.

That said, I never understood why people feel the need to jump around when in combat anyway. Constantly moving, sure, I get it, but jumping? I suppose it *could* make it a little harder for people to target you, but certainly it's no major thing.
    It's pretty simple why a mage jumps around when casting CoC, so that you dont get slowed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst

i jump when casting cone of cold so that i dont have to stop for a second and turn round to cast it on the spot, instead i can jump and turn round then cast it and land back the way i was facing
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    i jump when casting cone of cold so that i dont have to stop for a second and turn round to cast it on the spot, instead i can jump and turn round then cast it and land back the way i was facing
    Ah, yeah, I can see why that's pretty handy. Done the same with arcane shot etc on my hunter before.

Can't see any good reason for preventing CoC being cast whilst mid jump though, so it's probably just a side-effect of the range bugfix thing that was mentioned and they'll fix the new bug now.

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    pff nerfing mages is pathetic, its going to be hard to get used to the new way CoC works, i always use it while jumping + swizzling around -.-
    You still gonna be able to defeat warriors easy mode ;D

Blizzard likes to..."play with the mage class" ..

Quote Originally Posted by Edoras
    Blizzard likes to..."play with the mage class" ..
    Yeah, apparantly mages are the "experimental" class.

Jumping is actually slower than flat out running. You can try it with a friend sometime. Start and the same place and have them put autorun on, you do the same but slam spacebar. They'll outpace you pretty quickly. Only reason to jump and do a spell is because you can use the mouse to turn yourself faster than you can with the keyboard while still moving backwards mid air. I still do jump shots like that with my hunter.

I don't have a 70 mage myself, but friends do, with the 2.3 changes, what does that mean that aoe spells don't benefit from the range? The x-y-z radius of the spell around them will be wherever they cast it when they jumped, or the spell will act like they were on the ground the whole time, even when cast mid air?

Ppl this is just a small bug which will be fixed ;p The real bug was..... when orcs had small shoulders!!!!! That was far more important then your jumping ;p We had shoulders like humans or even gnomes maybe ;p

Joking ofc but it was said that it's a bug and it will be fixed long time ago. Why did you get used to it then?

it's not fixing a bug, it'S taking away the most viable skill against melee. it's like taking away our shoulders, not just resizing them to normal scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahima
    Jumping is actually slower than flat out running. You can try it with a friend sometime. Start and the same place and have them put autorun on, you do the same but slam spacebar. They'll outpace you pretty quickly. Only reason to jump and do a spell is because you can use the mouse to turn yourself faster than you can with the keyboard while still moving backwards mid air. I still do jump shots like that with my hunter.
    Thats latency bro, you dont go slower or faster if you jump.