Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

@ Danightryder

Thats propably "Aloft" , atleast that's what I use for changing Health bars above mobs, and its rather easy to config that way

Hi i have Grid and grid icons and was wondering if there was a way i could add buffs to it ie. replenishment, BL, innervate, PI etc..

I was also wondering if there is a way to set up a key binding with bartender4 so you push the binding and a certain bar would show/hide.

Finally i was wondering if you would happen to know of any good personal/raid use buff timers

Quote Originally Posted by Xyriene
    Hi i have Grid and grid icons and was wondering if there was a way i could add buffs to it ie. replenishment, BL, innervate, PI etc..
    Grid got a Buff section, considered using that? *Do* try use your eyes before you ask questions.

I was also wondering if there is a way to set up a key binding with bartender4 so you push the binding and a certain bar would show/hide.
    That's not allowed by the WoW API. Just learn to keybind your abilities properly.

Finally i was wondering if you would happen to know of any good personal/raid use buff timers
    Default Blizzard ones, take the least amount of space, and allows you to focus more on the game and the encounters, rather than a bloated UI with informations you actually don't need if you think over it for a second or two.

However, Bison is good if you need to move them.

Hey Xyriene, there is a mod called Geist that let's you bind a key to make bars show up wherever your cursor is.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

@Xyriene

Bartender4 can't ignore the fact that you can't hide/show a buttonbar while IN combat - but it CAN change things such as the alpha values on them.

Try this
    Code:
    [mod:alt]fade:100;fade:0
    It SHOULD work this way - when ALT is pressed, set alpha to 100 - fully visible. When ALT is not pressed, set alpha to 0 - invisible. (numbers taken from the Bartender4 wiki page) http://www.wowace.com/projects/bartender4/

Code:
    [mod:alt]fade:100;fade:0
    That makes it so when you mouse over it shows up, if you are holding alt when you move your mouse off the bar it stays up.

https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/642933/town1.jpg

anyone know if thats Skinner that skins the frame, or its some other Addon? ive played ALot with Skinner, but never have ive seen a Frame beeing skinned in such a Beautiful way lol! cause THAT is BEAUTIFUL! Uhm Uhm UHM!
    True wisdom is to look beyond your own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by warptwist

anyone know if thats Skinner that skins the frame, or its some other Addon? ive played ALot with Skinner, but never have ive seen a Frame beeing skinned in such a Beautiful way lol! cause THAT is BEAUTIFUL! Uhm Uhm UHM!
    I saw that too and also wondered, although I'd like to see how the character sheet turned out, because that becomes really ugly with a lot of the skinner sections.

Nahh, the skinning ive seen of Character frame have been really succesful really, but still WTB that addon/settings that sets to Frames to what that rogue is using! :O

That is not skinner, or any addOn whatsoever.
    I'm using the exact same looking window's on my WoW And it was made by extracting a whole new data for WoW to use for showing those windows in Interface folder.

For example "Tribal UI" in WoWinterface comes with these textures.
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...WarriorUI.html

So if you want those skins, just download that UI and copy everything else EXCEPT AddOns folder from Interface folder to your own. That should do it.

Hopefully this helped atleast a bit.

What? you mean something like EePanels or KGPanels? or is it a Whole Data file in wow who has been reconfigured?

... Simple plain data folders to your Interface folder, nothing so confusing about it

There's about 20 or so data folders that you have to extract to your Interface folder.
    they basically contain the new textures & skins for all those windows in wow.

im already using "Caith's" UI, will adding these files affect that or?

EDIT: in Caith's UI mod i had to Paste her WTF Folder into mine aswell and just spam Yes to Overwrite the current files

oh well, guess ill try make a back up, and see how it works together.

thanks for giving your reply's

EDIT2: exactly what files is it i should copy & Paste? <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Verdon
    That is not skinner, or any addOn whatsoever.
    I'm using the exact same looking window's on my WoW And it was made by extracting a whole new data for WoW to use for showing those windows in Interface folder.

For example "Tribal UI" in WoWinterface comes with these textures.
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...WarriorUI.html

So if you want those skins, just download that UI and copy everything else EXCEPT AddOns folder from Interface folder to your own. That should do it.

Hopefully this helped atleast a bit.
    This is correct, I used the textures from the Tribal UI.
    Although I use doublewide and doublewide_tradeskills so I had to manually make the textures for them to be similar if anyone wants that let me know and I'll upload the textures.

Oh and the character window looks sweet aswell.
    [img width=300]https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/642933/charquest.jpg[/img]

Id be very very Happy if you could Upload the Textures(+doubblewide since i use that aswell)

ive never seen any better skin of the in-game frames, Skinner just used a Gradiant who whasen't exactly perfect everywhere ^^

Hey peeps.

Can anyone recommend me a good font addon like Clearfont? Clearfont is old now and not being updated, and I'm not using Rock anymore...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wegotoeleven
    Hey peeps.

Can anyone recommend me a good font addon like Clearfont? Clearfont is old now and not being updated, and I'm not using Rock anymore...

Thanks!
    Just change the default Blizzard fonts

World of Warcraft\Fonts (if its not there, create it)
    Put in whatever font you would like to use.
    I recommend BigNoodle or Accidental Presidency or Arial Narrow (My current font)
    Make 4 copies of it and rename it to the following.
    ARIALN.ttf
    FRIZQT__.ttf
    MORPHEUS.ttf
    skurri.ttf

Id be very very Happy if you could Upload the Textures(+doubblewide since i use that aswell)

ive never seen any better skin of the in-game frames, Skinner just used a Gradiant who whasen't exactly perfect everywhere ^^
    I will as soon as someone recommend me to a decent tga to blp converter. The one I use is not good enough and the tradeskills frame look washed out (low bit or something) Preferably one who can convert rectangular images aswell

Hey Sacrife,

I already do that - But I have certain addons that don't use these fonts, and therefore aren't changing with the rest of my UI.

I have just had a thought tho, i'll try manually changing these fonts in the luas themselves...

Regardless, anyone know of a decent Font mod (NOT clearfont)?

Thanks

I will as soon as someone recommend me to a decent tga to blp converter. The one I use is not good enough and the tradeskills frame look washed out (low bit or something) Preferably one who can convert rectangular images aswell Smiley
    Photoshop can't do that?

Photoshop can't do that?
    Sadly no.

If you want addons to use other fonts download SharedMedia. Alot of fonts available for addons to use (alot of addons have support for this)
    If not, then you have to edit the lua or xml yeah. But most likely the font is refered to "gamefontnormal" which is the fonts in the fonts folder.