Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Delijica
    After the patch Prat has stoped showing the whispers I send. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: I also can't click on proffesions links in the chat.
    Ok, fixed it.
    The problem was DBM, after I updated it all the problems disappeared. Even the author says that the new version of DBM causes chat addons to malfunction and that you should update those, too.

Edit: The updates fixed it only partially, I still can't click on some proffesion links in the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

I THINK that is a global bug caused by the client, and not addons. But I'm not 100% sure

Would love to see a downloadable version or reproduction of this

Quote Originally Posted by Mÿth
    Would love to see a downloadable version or reproduction of this
    Could you resize the image please.. it is way too big.
    Also, why not just armory the hunter and ask them...
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...b&n=Stitchypoo
    I find that some people are more than happy to help out others on ui, but make sure they aren't in a raid or instance.

Quote Originally Posted by KRM
    Could you resize the image please.. it is way too big.
    Also, why not just armory the hunter and ask them...
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...b&n=Stitchypoo
    I find that some people are more than happy to help out others on ui, but make sure they aren't in a raid or instance.

I wanted to resize the image when i posted... i didnt see an option to do it, just pulled that image directly from curse where it was posted. Also... i thought stitcypoo was his wolfs name /facepalm

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Myth, best to ask it of the person who posted that originally, wherever it ended up. He's got an IMMENSE amount of custom artwork there, so recreating it would be difficult at best.

I've used the search feature but can't find what I'm looking for. I'm almost certain that this question was asked quite recently, but I can't find it. I know that there is no feature for range fading in Stuf, but I was wondering whether there was an addon out there that could do it for me, all of the fading/hiding addons I can find are for combat, but thats not what I am after, so does anybody know any addons that can do what i am looking for?

EDIT: Found what I was after, but it is only for healing range on friendly targets (Tho I haven't tested it yet and it was last updated in 2007, so may not work), I'm really looking for one that works both with friendly and enemy targets. I will look into the healing one for now and might try do something with it, but I know next to nothing about LUA so I might come up with nothing

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...il/yoggexo.jpg

Can anyone name the addon that displays the stats and other info at the bottom of the screen in screenshot, I used to have that addon but can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

This question gets asked fairly often in this thread, I don't use the addon myself, but I'm fairly sure that it is SLdata text, but don't hold me to that

Deleted

Anyone can tell me the chat addon that using in the last stream video fighting General Vezax? I think it was a Druid ^_^
    Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my english.

[img width=300]http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2009/april/Yoggi.jpg[/img]

What are the raid frames, also how is he opening the stats of more then one item at once?

party frame is pitubull
    raid frame is grid
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

The raid frames are probably grid

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

@Stormbreaker

His raid frames are Grid.

The multiple open item links addon is, I believe, LinkWrangler.

Quote Originally Posted by DeBOuN
    Anyone can tell me the chat addon that using in the last stream video fighting General Vezax? I think it was a Druid ^_^
    Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my english.
    Chatter

Hey, i looked around, but found nothing...

Since 3.1 me and some friends get a little Box with a name in it at the bottom middle of the screen... the name changes from time to time..

Does anyone know what causes this box (Addon or not)? Is it a bug or a feature ?
    Mine:

Pic I found from someone with the same issue:
    http://www.imagecross.com/02/image-h...?id=1350Ui.jpg

Is that name your target, your name, anything related to you or completely random? Maybe it's some bugged unit frame or something.

EDIT: First result in google "wow 3.1 random name in screen"

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...74108158&sid=1
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Yaye, thanks New version seem to fix it,

WoWMatrix didn't update to newest version because it says SexyMap is offline Oo?

I suggest Curse Client, and Chinchilla is much better than SexyMap.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

WoWMatrix works by linking to the files at WoWAce, Curse, and WoWInterface. Those 3 sites got together and devised a system that keeps WoWMatrix from accessing their files. Use the Curse updater to get addons from Curse/WoWAce, and the WoWI Updater to get addons from WoWI (or just add them to your favorites and download them the old fashioned way).

Why? Because the way it was working, it was using the bandwidth those sites paid for, but was displaying their own ads - thereby making money and not having to spend any for website hosting or bandwidth, which in effect was 'stealing' bandwidth from those sites.