Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1...0909221535.jpg

Does anyone know what font this guy is using? For example in his chat.

And does anyone know if there is an addon that changes the font of all your addons and the names above a players head?

i agree i'd like to know

Im not the best with UI's and knowledge on them, but if possible could someone tell me if theyve seen this UI or if theyve seen a download available, or even just tell me what addons are shown (in particular the art work).

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j2..._ui_config.jpg

I'm very intereseted in the graphics around the action bars (Blood Elf motive) and the font on the unit bars. I would be very gratful for any information. Thanks.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Fruitbat, that's some gorgeous work with kgPanels and textures he either created, downloaded from somewhere, or extracted from WoW. I don't know about the font, however.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Plastic
    http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1...0909221535.jpg

Does anyone know what font this guy is using? For example in his chat.

And does anyone know if there is an addon that changes the font of all your addons and the names above a players head?
    It's Arial Narrow. When you add a font to the game, it changes every font in game (including addons and player names) to the added font. You don't need an addon for that.

Thanks a lot iLive

Quote Originally Posted by bathingjapes

Anybody know what kind of addons this guy is using? Anything
    anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    No, not the raid frames but the Unit Frames like the target and character HP/Mana.

Curious, what is better, Pitbull 3 or 4?
    And another question, does Grid take up a lot of Memory compared to Pitbull?
    I've only got 1 GB of RAM so I have to cut it short on addons.

And if anyone has a sort of tutorial on how to get the frames like Nez's (Character frames) I'd really, really appreciate it.
    Kind of clueless with it atm.
    Still wondering about it so I might be able to set it up prior to Raid tonight.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bathingjapes
    anybody?
    Chatter, Dominos w/ ButtonFacade skin (Play around with them), Omen, Recount, Basic Minimap, etc... anything else?

Im not the best with UI's and knowledge on them, but if possible could someone tell me if theyve seen this UI or if theyve seen a download available, or even just tell me what addons are shown (in particular the art work).

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j2..._ui_config.jpg

I'm very intereseted in the graphics around the action bars (Blood Elf motive) and the font on the unit bars. I would be very gratful for any information. Thanks.
    Registered just to help with this, as I know the addon which contains that artwork. It's Sharedmedia-Blizzard, found on WowInterface. Linky:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-Blizzard.html
    It contains the Blood Elf logo, among others. Not sure about the Font, I mainly use the Blizzard ones.
    I'll be back in an hour or so posting my own questions.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I could totally go for a murderous rampage right now. I played Grand Theft Auto once and so I'm really jonesing for a chainsaw and a hooker, y'know?
    Unfortunately, because I play WoW, I'm too busy losing my job and my girlfriend and becoming obese and losing the ability to communicate in real life and so on to go out and steal the chainsaw.
    What is a gamer to do?
    If you notice I made an error in my post, grammatical, punctuational, whatever, Please send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardena
    Registered just to help with this, as I know the addon which contains that artwork. It's Sharedmedia-Blizzard, found on WowInterface. Linky:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-Blizzard.html
    It contains the Blood Elf logo, among others. Not sure about the Font, I mainly use the Blizzard ones.
    I'll be back in an hour or so posting my own questions.
    Thanks so much for going to the trouble of registering just for me Ardena, i wouldn't of found how to do this on my own without that link!

Are there anyway to config Fortexorcist, so it will ignore buffs like druid buff, pala buffs, anything that longer than 5 min, also HS cd, i want it to show the important thing only like Wild growth cd, or with pala hands of sacrifice and salvastion cd, or holy shock cd.
    but when im alone, i usualy keep my buffs like Mark of the wild or blessing of wisdom up, also seals or deserter debuff, i dont want tham to show, so i can hide the cooldown frame when im not in combat, or not doing anything, yet my buffs on me and if i use HS i dont need to look at the frame for 30 min.

I hope you understand it and can help with it.

Thanks so much for going to the trouble of registering just for me Ardena, i wouldn't of found how to do this on my own without that link!
    Not a problem, always glad to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjerusalem
    Are there anyway to config Fortexorcist, so it will ignore buffs like druid buff, pala buffs, anything that longer than 5 min, also HS cd, i want it to show the important thing only like Wild growth cd, or with pala hands of sacrifice and salvastion cd, or holy shock cd.
    but when im alone, i usualy keep my buffs like Mark of the wild or blessing of wisdom up, also seals or deserter debuff, i dont want tham to show, so i can hide the cooldown frame when im not in combat, or not doing anything, yet my buffs on me and if i use HS i dont need to look at the frame for 30 min.

I hope you understand it and can help with it.
    What I believe you mean is the Cooldown Tracker on ForteXorcist. Type /fx, then click on the Cooldowntimer tab on the lower part of the menu that popped up. Scroll to Color/Filtering. Just below the checkmarks is a tiny bar, it says Enter Ability/Spell/Item name.
    To the right of that is another bar, it says All. Ignore it, further to the right is yet another bar, it says None. It has a colored square next to it.
    Next to that colored square, enter the Ability/Spell you want to ignore, then click on the bar that says None, and click Ignore. This should fix it, sorry I can't describe it better.

Now onto my first question. I've downloaded Cowtip, to customize my Tooltips. I've also downloaded Vuhdo, Which is an alternative to Grid+Clique.
    Vuhdo has an incredibly sexy tooltip, which I just can't seem to replicate via Cowtip, because I'm a newb at dogtags.

My question is; is there any way to simplify the dogtags in Cowtip, as I've worked with the dogtags in STUF, and that worked fine. A way to copy the left Tooltip is also appreciated.
    Second question: I want to put some of my own artwork in the game via KGPanels. Undertaker has been an immense help with the tutorial two pages back, but I haven't got Photoshop, and I don't want a cracked version. I've heard GIMP is good, but when I went to it's official site, I noticed it was only meant for photograph enchancement, is it still a good program to create artwork with?
    Oh don't get me wrong, I could totally go for a murderous rampage right now. I played Grand Theft Auto once and so I'm really jonesing for a chainsaw and a hooker, y'know?
    Unfortunately, because I play WoW, I'm too busy losing my job and my girlfriend and becoming obese and losing the ability to communicate in real life and so on to go out and steal the chainsaw.
    What is a gamer to do?
    If you notice I made an error in my post, grammatical, punctuational, whatever, Please send me a PM.

Not a problem, always glad to help.
    What I believe you mean is the Cooldown Tracker on ForteXorcist. Type /fx, then click on the Cooldowntimer tab on the lower part of the menu that popped up. Scroll to Color/Filtering. Just below the checkmarks is a tiny bar, it says Enter Ability/Spell/Item name.
    To the right of that is another bar, it says All. Ignore it, further to the right is yet another bar, it says None. It has a colored square next to it.
    Next to that colored square, enter the Ability/Spell you want to ignore, then click on the bar that says None, and click Ignore. This should fix it, sorry I can't describe it better.
    Alternatively, you can put the ability you want to ignore on cooldown, and right click it to have its name automatically entered, and the window auto open to the timer=>ignore section.

15+ Year Old Account

Now onto my first question. I've downloaded Cowtip, to customize my Tooltips. I've also downloaded Vuhdo, Which is an alternative to Grid+Clique.
    Vuhdo has an incredibly sexy tooltip, which I just can't seem to replicate via Cowtip, because I'm a newb at dogtags.

My question is; is there any way to simplify the dogtags in Cowtip, as I've worked with the dogtags in STUF, and that worked fine. A way to copy the left Tooltip is also appreciated.
    The DogTags inside CowTip is actally very simple. It has 2 columns and many many lines. The first line can inform about name lets say. In the first column it will write Name: and showup as Name: and in the second column write [Name] and showup as Araz (if your target is me). The [] makes the thing you write inside appear like with [Race] that will show your target's race. So this is how the line will be:

Name: Araz
    Race: Night Elf

If you want to let it be simple remove health (add a health bar below the tooltip instead), mana (not something you really want to know), faction (look at race), target (you normally only want to know your target's target, by having a target's target frame).

Just remember that sometimes it can be more long than [Name] because it maybe wants to make your name indicate class too, and that is some pretty long sentences you need to play with. At least you know some basics

You can see mine tooltip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wU4zTwNfwg

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    The DogTags inside CowTip is actally very simple. It has 2 columns and many many lines. The first line can inform about name lets say. In the first column it will write Name: and showup as Name: and in the second column write [Name] and showup as Araz (if your target is me). The [] makes the thing you write inside appear like with [Race] that will show your target's race. So this is how the line will be:

Name: Araz
    Race: Night Elf

If you want to let it be simple remove health (add a health bar below the tooltip instead), mana (not something you really want to know), faction (look at race), target (you normally only want to know your target's target, by having a target's target frame).

Just remember that sometimes it can be more long than [Name] because it maybe wants to make your name indicate class too, and that is some pretty long sentences you need to play with. At least you know some basics

You can see mine tooltip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wU4zTwNfwg
    Thank you for your reply, but I meant something a tad different. I knew some basics, like putting the infotag between brackets, but what I meant is for example having Health:[curhp] / [maxhp], and then, without a new line, Power[curmp] / [maxmp]. Basically, making sentences out of the lines. I'm going to try again though, by putting curhp/maxhp in the left line, and power in the right. I'll be back in a few probably, thanks for the ideas though.

About your UI, it looks alright, but I usually forget to watch my own health when checking out Grid/Vuhdo, so I've put a HUD on the middle of my screen. It allows me to remove buffs/debuffs from the target frame, and generally make the player/target bars a lot smaller, saving screen estate.
    What is a gamer to do?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Ardena, I'll give that tooltip a shot.

On 2 lines, I'm using the fact that CowTip allows you to put different tags on the Left Side and Right Side. The default CowTip has the static text on the Left, and the tags on the Right.

Please note, you may have to double-check my tags. I haven't used CowTip or DogTags in several months. :-)

Code:
    [Name:classcolor]
    [classcolor] Level [Level] [Class]            (on the right side)[SmartRace:Classcolor]
    [classcolor][GuildRank] of [Guild]
    Life: [FractionalHP]                     (on the right side) Mana: [FractionalMP]
    If you don't wanna deal with Left/Right sides, I'd do the tooltip this way.

Code:
    [Name:Classcolor]
    [classcolor]Level [level] [SmartRace] [Class]
    [classcolor][guildrank] of [guild]
    Life: [fractionalhp] Mana: [fractionalmp]

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Hi guys.
    http://i27.tinypic.com/25i2p9u.jpg
    Can anyone tell me what the unit frames in this screen-shot are? Someone posted it on the druid forms and they have yet to reply when I asked, so I thought I'd hop in here. Just the unit frames, not the raid frames, although it it comes with them, that's great, too.

Taryble,
    thanks for the reply, it did everything I wanted, just a little problem, when using the line
    [Name:Classcolor]
    [classcolor]Level [level] [SmartRace] [Class]
    [classcolor][guildrank] of [guild]
    Life: [fractionalhp] Mana: [fractionalmp]
    When mousing over an NPC, the text "of" is just sitting there, in the middle of the tooltip. It's not a big problem, I'm using it now, but if anyone knows a fix, I'd be happy to hear it.
    You did get me curious though, I know you use TipTac from earlier in the thread, but do you use LUA instead of Dogtags?
    Also, Vuhdo kept giving me errors, repaired WoW, and re-installed everything I had installed, except I'm now using SLDT instead of FuBar. Is there any way of making the texts "click" together, like the Bartender bars do?
    Again, thanks for the help.
    What is a gamer to do?

hi im looking for an addon like rating buster but a bit more light on memory anyone can help?
    thx