Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

Does anyone know of an add on to move the text at the top of the screen that would display the attempts left in ToGC 10/25, the score in a BG, etc. ?

Deleted

@waitwut

Move Anything will do it (get it from wowinterface rather than curse, last i checked it had stopped being updated on curse). You may have to have a bit of a poke around the config GUI to find which frame you want, but it's definitely in there.

FluidFrames I know will also do the trick, but is a lot less neat for tasks like this.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Actually, I find FluidFrames is a lot better than Moveanything. Just set up it's keybind in the keybinding interface, hover over the frame you wanna move (permanently move), click the keybind, then move the frame. The new position will be remembered permanently.

Deleted

I found a UI here
    [img width=200]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6666/wowscrnshot122409133641.jpg[/img]

There are some small icons on the party frames where you can see what spec people are.
    That is Shadowed he is using.
    Is that possible in PitBull ?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Actually, that's the new "Role" icons that were introduced in the 3.3 patch. Make sure you have the most recent version of Pitbull, and check to make sure that these icons are turned on and configured in your installation.

Deleted

I'm looking for an addon which can move other addon's frames depending on the size of the current group i am in. I know it could be probably done by some simple lua code using reflux and stuff but the addon in question isnt using any profiles :S

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    Actually, that's the new "Role" icons that were introduced in the 3.3 patch. Make sure you have the most recent version of Pitbull, and check to make sure that these icons are turned on and configured in your installation.
    Is it only in Pitbull 4.0 ?
    I can't find it in 3.0 or is there somthing i have to do first ?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Pitbull3 hasn't had anything "new" added to it in a very long while, as far as I know. It's mostly been bandaided for each patch. It may or may not have it - I'm not even sure if Pitbull4 has it, as I don't use it anymore.

Deleted

Pitbull4 does have RoleIcons in the newest version yes.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Cast bar with target

Im looking for a cast bar and seing im a healer i tend to spam and this leades me to sometime cast on the same target when its meant to be on another so what im after is a cast bar that will show the heal im casting and on to what target im casting it on

Re: Cast bar with target

Quote Originally Posted by Jumi
    Im looking for a cast bar and seing im a healer i tend to spam and this leades me to sometime cast on the same target when its meant to be on another so what im after is a cast bar that will show the heal im casting and on to what target im casting it on
    Quartz, will have to go through the settings but you can turn on the ability to see who you are casting on. Its also very customizable with regards to cosmetics, and additional modules such as GCD, Swing Timer, Range and Latency.

Awesome Addon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleuh
    Since the invention of the internet, the Earth`s rotation has been solely propelled by english teachers turning in their graves.
    Quote Originally Posted by zuraghogar
    If only shamans had an interrupt on a short cooldown.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Cast bar with target

Quote Originally Posted by Skyro
    Quartz, will have to go through the settings but you can turn on the ability to see who you are casting on. Its also very customizable with regards to cosmetics, and additional modules such as GCD, Swing Timer, Range and Latency.

Awesome Addon!
    Ahh did not know it had this but thx now il just have to figure out to do it in a nice way

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Also, AzCastBar has this capability as well.

Anyone know of a good simple mod to track when certain buff is up? looking at tracking for when t10 proc is up and be able to view it easy ie middle of the screen. Thanks.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a.../do-timer.aspx

A really great add on that can track anything. Might take some tweaking, but you can get it to do almost anything you like.

I'm assuming macros can fall under UI so I'm gonna ask the question here instead of making a new thread--

So I'm an Engineer and have enchanted my boots and gloves with Nitro Boosts and Hyperspeed Accelerators (respectively). Instead of simply dragging the boots/gloves to my action bar to have it's use button, I made a macro for my boots slot so that when I switch into my PvP boots (also enchanted with Nitro), I don't have to drag my PvP boots onto my bar. Example of this macro:

Code:
    #show 8
    /use 8
    As you can see, very simple. It gives me the item icon and the item tooltip for my boots, just as I wanted except I'm free to switch my boots and the same macro still works. Now, I tried to do the same thing for my gloves with:

Code:
    #show 10
    /use 10
    but I don't get the item tooltip. It gives me the icon, but I'm nitpicky and want the tootip to work, too. #showtooltip didn't work, either. The number is correct because I get the icon and use effect. Can anyone see what's wrong? Maybe some dumb 2-digit syntax rule I don't know about?

Also, the macro name on both of these macros is " " (single space). I tried changing the name to an actual word in case that could have caused some problem and it didn't solve anything.

EDIT: Also, reloadui and close WoW/relog solved nothing.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

For tracking procs, possibly the most common addon used is Power Auras Classic. It's fantastic - I use it on my Pally to track Redoubt when tanking, and Art of War when hitting things with a really big stick, while I use it on my Holy Priest to track all the different talent-based procs they have.

Hey guys, I was wondering since I've seen this addon quite alot and Ive always wondered what the name is
    [img width=400]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2474/wowscrnshot010610034313.jpg[/img]

The Incoming / outgoing addon below the minimap that shows damage/heals etc
    biym

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

That's Eavesdrop.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    That's Eavesdrop.
    Cheers.
    biym