Quote Originally Posted by Jiigeri View Post
    A quick question about weakauras mainly:

I'm soon getting a new computer. I'd like to move my whole UI straight on the new system because it's real pain to rebuild it from scratch. Is it enough to copy just Addons, WTF and Fonts (since I am using something else than the default fonts)? My concern was if any addon has any information somewhere else than WTF-folder (or their addon folder).

Thanks in advance!
    You can actually just copy your entire World of Warcraft folder onto your new PC, then run the Launcher.exe file to setup any registry entries needed, etc.
    That way you preserve everything, including your screenshots

Deleted
    Hey UI people! I've got a small question.
    There's this addon called ClassMonitor (sorry can't link, not enough posts yet).
    You can show the Maelstrom stacks with this, but I don't quite like the backdrop color, so I'd change it. No idea how though.

I am also in a search of an addon that I can check the duration of my Searing Totem/Fire Elemental Totem and my Flame Shock debuff on the target. I'm using TellMeWhen atm, with the bar style, and would like to use something similar, but something that fits into an ElvUI theme (unfotunately I cant setup borders for this one). I've tried ClassMonitor but the lack of options made me change it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here's my current UI btw: screenshot.cz/Q41C4/WoWScrnShot_021614_154943.jpg
    Last edited by mmoc9528207d50; 2014-02-16 at 04:20 PM.

Friend of mine just started playing wow and he saw my UI and my weakauras and he wants some sort of addon that does the same, told him he could use TMW or WA, but then he saw how much memory my WA was using and since he is using a shitty laptop makes me curious which of TMW and WA uses least amount of memory?

|THIS IS NOT about which one does the job better, its SIMPLY A PERFORMANCE QUESTION|
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Friend of mine just started playing wow and he saw my UI and my weakauras and he wants some sort of addon that does the same, told him he could use TMW or WA, but then he saw how much memory my WA was using and since he is using a shitty laptop makes me curious which of TMW and WA uses least amount of memory?

|THIS IS NOT about which one does the job better, its SIMPLY A PERFORMANCE QUESTION|
    Point the first: memory use from addons is highly, highly unlikely to relate to performance either way, even on a shitty laptop. Compared to the 2GB or more than WoW itself uses, the 10MB extra for that addon? Chump change. Addon performance problems usually come from the amount of computation they do, especially per-frame computation. Memory use *can* show that (eg: skada or recount use lots of memory, and actively process that data), but it can also lie about it (eg: a link creating addon uses lots of memory, but never touches the CPU).

Anyway, assuming this actually makes a difference, my understanding is that it depends: as far as I know TMW has a higher fixed cost and lower incremental cost than WA. So, if you have very few indicators you will probably see lower memory consumption from WA, but as the number grows (eg: the hundreds that some people have) you see WA overtake TMW.

Again, though, the type of indicators you use ar also going to make a difference. If you use TMW to show icons that you already have in memory, and you use WA to load lots of shiny textures that were not there before, guess which one uses more memory? (Also, guess which one accounts more "addon" memory, despite the real consumption being higher?

The types of auras in WeakAuras will make a difference too.
    Primarily how often they will update, as per-frame triggers will be way more frequent than any event.
    The memory usage of TMW was I think addressed recently by the author who explained that it uses caching to improve performance.

In short, as covered pretty well by SlippyCheeze you can't take memory usage as a meaningful number on its own.
    It keeps coming up as it is very visible, unlike the CPU usage of each addon, which then has another set of issues regarding comparisons.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to create right-clickable buffs with WA2?

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    No. You have to use the secure frame system to allow them to be clicked off and that has very limited capabilities in terms of display. (Assuming you mean in combat, of course)

Outside combat, still no, but only because it is not implemented. Well, and would raise false hopes about doing the same in combat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    No. You have to use the secure frame system to allow them to be clicked off and that has very limited capabilities in terms of display. (Assuming you mean in combat, of course)

Outside combat, still no, but only because it is not implemented. Well, and would raise false hopes about doing the same in combat.
    There's this video that shows how to do it, but i personally would avoid it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8ICsKaxtYY

Quote Originally Posted by Louna View Post
    There's this video that shows how to do it, but i personally would avoid it.
    Clever abuse of the trigger system to run your code. When I said "not implemented" I really meant "in Weak Auras itself", as you aptly demonstrate. You can hack around it -- though I was going to say that you need to use SecureAuraHeaderTemplate to cancel buffs in combat.

I am not certain about that any more, though, since I thought "...but you can make it a macrotext button, and /cancelaura", which should work.

Then was browsing the FrameXML code for SecureActionButtonTemplate, and observed the "cancelaura" secure action type, which takes the value of the "spell" attribute and calls CancelUnitBuff from it. As far as I can tell, that should be secure, and so able to cancel a specific aura in combat. Still limited to your interactions, but better than nothing.

...and now I have to figure out if I like that better than macroing "/cancelaura Hand of Protection" into every one of my attacks or not.

I dont know if this is the right thread to post in? But I am looking for an addon or bunch of addons that makes my UI like clean and got lots of space...

Quote Originally Posted by Keldaryne View Post
    I dont know if this is the right thread to post in? But I am looking for an addon or bunch of addons that makes my UI like clean and got lots of space...
    Not exactly the right thread, but: check ElvUI, TukUI, and RealUI to see if any of those meet your needs. Otherwise, try curse or wowinterface for a selection of replacement interfaces to find something to taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Not exactly the right thread, but: check ElvUI, TukUI, and RealUI to see if any of those meet your needs. Otherwise, try curse or wowinterface for a selection of replacement interfaces to find something to taste.
    I'd add FreeUI. If I used a UI overhaul, that would be my choice. Very minimal and attractive.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually i'm using WA2 as a buff tracker simulating the default blizzard buff icons but with transparency (50%) and sometimes i need to right click a buff off (like insanity crystal for example) that's why i asked.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I'd add FreeUI. If I used a UI overhaul, that would be my choice. Very minimal and attractive.
    Is it possible to use this these of ready UIs it on one character only and leave the rest untouched?

Deleted
    Can anyone list an addon that would track my dots on a target and my trinket buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Can anyone list an addon that would track my dots on a target and my trinket buffs?
    WeakAuras 2 can do both, but some effort is needed.

This is kinda a niche question, I know: Anyone know of a loot council mod that's still functional after 5.4.7?

Actually i'm using WA2 as a buff tracker simulating the default blizzard buff icons but with transparency (50%) and sometimes i need to right click a buff off (like insanity crystal for example) that's why i asked.
    Would you mind sharing that aura? Does it behave like the default buff tracker?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to use this these of ready UIs it on one character only and leave the rest untouched?
    Yes, they load as addons, so you can disable it for all but the character you want to use it on.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Raven. It does a great job of this. Also Quartz can track buffs and debuffs, though not as awesome.

Depending on class you may find that AffDots does a good job of tracking when you should recast because they are stronger. It seems to have grown, eg, Shadow Priest and other class plugins these days, but I have not tried them (or, honestly, it) personally.

As others noted, you can absolutely do this with WeakAuras too. If all you want is to track the things it is pretty easy to write the micro-addons in WA for doing it. If you want clever things like "is it stronger" I would seek a pre-built addon that someone else spends the time updating