Quote Originally Posted by Cronik View Post
    So I have been working on a fader UI so that everything enables during combat.

The problem is my minimap, I would like it to fade out when not active.

Does anyone have a UI minimap mod that does this?
    Try out Kong Automatic UI Hider - it will do this for any UI element.

Quote Originally Posted by pFreak View Post
    Can somebody tell me what i'm doing wrong?
    Strings (icons in this case) aren't exclusive.

Your Savage Defense string only has one trigger, and it says, if I can use SD, show me the icon. And so it does, as told.

If you want it to hide when you want to show only the icon for Maul you need to add more triggers to make sure SD icon is hidden while all the conditions for Maul is there. Maybe set triggers to check for tooth and claw to inverse in the SD string.

Or a very simple solution, which isn't how I would solve it, but you can set the strata lower for SD icon, to background or low. and set Maul to medium. This is like a bruteforce way of solving it, I'd try to play around with triggers if that's possible first.
    Last edited by Itank; 2014-10-13 at 10:51 PM.

Deleted
    anyone know an addon besides SUF that shows boss frames upon entering combat and allows me to display them as 3d portraits? It should also show dots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredglol View Post
    anyone know an addon besides SUF that shows boss frames upon entering combat and allows me to display them as 3d portraits? It should also show dots.
    I'm fairly sure all major unit frames addons (like Pitbull, Stuf, etc) can do that. I'm partial to Stuf, personally.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

7+ Year Old Account
    Having some issues with weakauras and holy word spells. Ideally, I would like for my icon to change based on which chakra I'm in. Having two separate icons, one for when it is available and one to show it's CD, is not working. Also, weakauras doesn't seem to recognize Holy Word: Sanctuary as a spell even when I'm in that particular chakra.

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    You could just make 5 separate (non-progress) bars (...)
    Hi, thanks for the reply. This is what I don't know how to do. How do you make a non-progress bar?

Is it possible to have weak auras track a spell on multiple targets and show their duration? IE: All earth shielded targets, their name, duration and stacks of the buff. Or rend spread across multiple targets.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Is it possible to have weak auras track a spell on multiple targets and show their duration? IE: All earth shielded targets, their name, duration and stacks of the buff. Or rend spread across multiple targets.
    Yes. create the aura as you would normally. Then change "target" to "any". Not sure if you can track who theyre on specifically with weakauras but maybe there's a code for that
    Quote Originally Posted by wimp View Post
    Hi, thanks for the reply. This is what I don't know how to do. How do you make a non-progress bar?
    Either make a standard progressbar and have the background colour be the same as the foreground. Or create a texture in the shape of a flat rectangle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    Yes. create the aura as you would normally. Then change "target" to "any". Not sure if you can track who theyre on specifically with weakauras but maybe there's a code for that
    If you make it a multi-target aura (it will prompt you to put it in a dynamic group, which you should click Yes to), the name text will be player/mob that each one is on

Here's a good tutorial video on the functionality.

Hi, i have a quick question about a texture.

I'm using the old CaelNameplates addon and it is still working, but with patch 6.0 the "Elite-Dragon" is shown on my nameplates.
    (Can't link to addon, because it doesn't exist anymore.)

I'm trying to delete that texture, but can't find it. Here's a picture of a nameplate:

I've tried to create an empty "UI-DialogBox-Gold-Dragon.blp" picture in "Interface\DialogFrame", but that didn't seem to be the right one.
    Can anybody help me?

- - - Updated - - -

I've figured it out now... the right texture was "EliteNameplateIcon.blp" in "Interface\Tooltips".
    Thanks, if you tried to help me!
    Last edited by Merador; 2014-10-15 at 04:25 PM.

Is there a generally agreed best unit frame addon around?

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    If you make it a multi-target aura (it will prompt you to put it in a dynamic group, which you should click Yes to), the name text will be player/mob that each one is on

Here's a good tutorial video on the functionality.
    Perfect! Thank you very much to both of you.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Is there a generally agreed best unit frame addon around?
    I would say that the most represented unit frame addons on this forum are Stuf, Shadowed Unit Frames and Pitbull.

I have one more question in regards to Weak Auras. I'm not sure if it's even possible, but might as well ask.

Is it possible to make an aura that is displayed based on what action bar page you're in?

Example: I have my action bars hidden, on page 1 I have damage spells and on page 2 I have healing spells. It used to happen that I would precast on a pull, but forgot I was still in the 2nd page and would precast a heal instead of a damage spell. I used Bartender4 to set up a warning bar that is displayed when I'm in my 2nd action bar page, but If I could make a weak aura to give me a warning instead, then I could drop an entire addon (which would be awesome).

Deleted
    I don't know anything about WeakAuras in particular, but the GetActionBarPage() function returns your current action bar page number.

Is there a way to automagically set all my mounts as favorite? I need a ghetto GoGoMount until GoGo/LiteMount gets fixed.

Any ActionBarSaver replacements out there? Love the addon, but I don't suspect it will be updated for 6.0/WoD.

Deleted
    So, it looks like ExtraCD isn't updated (or being updated by the looks of it) for 6.0.

Are there any decent trinket proc trackers that are as close to it as possible? I can make bars myself if need be with something like NTK, but I loved ExtraCD's ability to use proc icons making it very easy on the eyes / how it was relatively autonomous, so I'd much rather learn of a proc tracker I'm unaware of than make my own bars.

I didn't update ExtraCD and it seems to still be working- and I don't think it would be hard to add more trinkets/items going forward, just looking at data.lua.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    I didn't update ExtraCD and it seems to still be working- and I don't think it would be hard to add more trinkets/items going forward, just looking at data.lua.
    Really? Mine completely refuses to load and comments on curse indicate others have that issue.
    Even trying to have it enabled was causing performance issues in combat.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2014-10-16 at 05:22 PM.

Can anyone help me make a mod to show target of target in the mouseover tooltip? Had a very simple addon before patch but I guess the new file system broke it:
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-10-20 at 02:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne