Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

Personal Arena rating should be godamn permanent between all 3 teams, that way you have your 2k+ geared players, playing at that rating no matter what. An impossibility for them to play players that just started with their teams or even ppl that dont have gear. This would help players that are not well geared and be accessable to some sort of gear that they may grab instead of just getting 1k arena points a month. That would lead to more competion and more players that would enjoy the arenas. My team being at 1661 from 1795 after a 8-10 losing streak, we managed to play atleast 2 players on each team that were full S3 geared, while us in S3/S1. Now having the personal rating req for gear increased and possibly on all gear will make it impossible for players to even get to 1700+to be able to purchase their gear. Also limiting well geared players to jump on and switch teams to help increase the rating for gear for possibly shittier skilled or geared players for the cost of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackburn
    Second, Illidan drops the full set of Tier6? You can't get a single piece of it until you can kill him?
    The little problem here is that if you kill illy only 2-3 people of your 25 people raid get shinies. Basically, 10% per kill. Under perfect circumstances, aka no bad luck with the random number generator.

If you get to 2200 rating your entire group gets a full set. No problem with random chance, no farming him for 10-20 weeks after you killed him the first time.

(Yes, yes, it costs arena points, of cource. But those are plentyful, especially at that rating. If you would get a new kind of arena points at that rating which you needed for the s4 items and where you could only buy 1 item a week then you might have a point, however....)

I'm taking screenshot of these comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykhe
    The little problem here is that if you kill illy only 2-3 people of your 25 people raid get shinies. Basically, 10% per kill. Under perfect circumstances, aka no bad luck with the random number generator.

If you get to 2200 rating your entire group gets a full set. No problem with random chance, no farming him for 10-20 weeks after you killed him the first time.

(Yes, yes, it costs arena points, of cource. But those are plentyful, especially at that rating. If you would get a new kind of arena points at that rating which you needed for the s4 items and where you could only buy 1 item a week then you might have a point, however....)
    Most important part tho. U need 25 ppl to take illidan down - meaning balance between classes and specs.

It takes two ppl to get 2200 raiting. And it thrives on unbalanced gameplay.

Can noone see where this is leading in a MMO game ?

Quote Originally Posted by Psykhe

News flash, it takes 10-20 weeks (often more) to get 2200 rating and get FIVE ppl 1 piece of gear, and then that's it, there is no bringing other ppl on to get them equivalent loot too. If you're farming Illidan, EVERY week THREE ppl get 1 piece of Tier6 and 2-3 other ppl get other Tier6 quality loot. 1 Tier6 boss equips 5 ppl in S3 quality gear every week. I both arena and raid, the only raiders that QQ about arenas are the ones that suck at it.

Do you think every single hunter out there sucks? If you do you should look at the BG scores at the end of the match, hunters are often the top of DPS but they're just about the worst class in 2v2.... not because they dont' have "skills" but because their class isn't suited to 2v2 combat.
    You know what farms warrior/druid and warlock/druid? HUNTER/Druid.

Ret paladins are good, but not in 2v2. Also, if you can't get past the 1600s in 2s with your ret paladin and any partner wearing full s2/s3, then you are awful and don't deserve the weapon. 1500s is propagated by newbs and scrubs that play 10 a week, but have lots of resilience. 1600s is full of bad cookie cutter teams that need to l2play. So whatever made you think that you deserve a s3 weapon and/or shoulders for being terrible, lol!

BLIZZARD DID SOMETHING RIGHT LETS DANCE PLZ

Quote Originally Posted by ticklememo
    You know what farms warrior/druid and warlock/druid? HUNTER/Druid.

Ret paladins are good, but not in 2v2. Also, if you can't get past the 1600s in 2s with your ret paladin and any partner wearing full s2/s3, then you are awful and don't deserve the weapon. 1500s is propagated by newbs and scrubs that play 10 a week, but have lots of resilience. 1600s is full of bad cookie cutter teams that need to l2play. So whatever made you think that you deserve a s3 weapon and/or shoulders for being terrible, lol!

BLIZZARD DID SOMETHING RIGHT LETS DANCE PLZ
    Your smart !!!
    THen figure this out. What class did you mention in all those 3 setups ?
    Maybe ppl are newbs but even scrubs like you can see what healing class to roll in PVP arena.
    Lets give u S4 shoulders for beeing this smart !

Quote Originally Posted by erb
    Every single piece should require a person rating of 2200.
    Illidan won't drop her bow for me if I can't actually kill her, whats different?
    Well interesting idea.

I say implement it ASAP. That way 95% of the playerbase will instantly know they have zero chance of ever getting gear and will give up Arena. The reamining 500 on each b/grp will suddenly find that as the competition is so tough they will lose often enough never to get a good ranking.

Whatever the result that would be the best thing to ever happen to PvP

Raiders can Arena, and good ones get 2k+ easily. People that only arena don't have access to PvE gear. And comparing the two is stupid since it's totally not the same gameplay/challenge/fun. If you only see the loot out of it, shame on you.

If you can't realise that someone that plays a lot has access to better gear then someone who is cusual, you shouldn't even be posting here since you're a re...

Also, before saying that you won't be able to get to 2k because people will outgear you, look at the gear difference. It's not like you're in blue and they are in overpower purple. The gap between s2 and s3 is not enough to make it an excuse. Also, only 2 pieces right now have a personal rating which makes it even smaller.

And to anyone who says that they can't get to high rating because of their class, it's not. You're probably bad in arena. Yeah you're going to tell me look at the numbers of war/druid in 2s and priest/mage/rogue in 3s and elem shammy teams in 5s... It's true but my point is, any class can be good u just need to find what suits your class and your PLAYSTYLE.

I'm a rogue who played with a disc priest for about 2 months, we got to 1750 in 2 hours and were stuck from 1750 to 1830 for 2 months, so we got tired of it and stopped. It is suppose to be one of the easiest setup in 2s but I sucked at it. I then invited a rogue to try the 2 rogues team. After about 15 games to get used to the playstyle, we got to 1850 easily and we barely play 15 games a week.

I don't consider myself an hardcore pvper in arena and I totally agree with the fact that people who play a lot more arenas than me should have access to better gear. Put rating on every single piece of S4 IMO. Starting at 1650 for gloves and +50 per item... If you can't do good in arena whatever your class/setup/spec is why should you have gear that was implemented in the game for PVPERs...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackburn
    News flash, it takes 10-20 weeks (often more) to get 2200 rating and get FIVE ppl 1 piece of gear, and then that's it, there is no bringing other ppl on to get them equivalent loot too. If you're farming Illidan, EVERY week THREE ppl get 1 piece of Tier6 and 2-3 other ppl get other Tier6 quality loot. 1 Tier6 boss equips 5 ppl in S3 quality gear every week. I both arena and raid, the only raiders that QQ about arenas are the ones that suck at it.
    How poor in PVP are you ? 20 weeks for one item ? lol - says everything needed about the rest of your argument.

The top 5 teams should have access to the gear.

I wish blizzard would stop rewarding mediocrity.
    Every time you mention your arena rating, your penis shrinks 1/4inch.

i think the rating requirements are fine as it is.

2200 is to much this only supports the imba combos in 2v2 such as Wl/druid ....

so you can see all of your Druids/Warriors and Warlocks with s4 Shoulders due the imbalance in 2v2

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Shoulders sitting at 2200 isn't horrible.

Bumping up the weapons to 1950-2000 isn't an awful idea either.

Putting rating req on all of the S4 gear would remove the arena system from active gameplay and that's what I support most out of what people here have said. The Arena system will go the way of lvl 60 raids and fade into the night if they make it impossible for the lower rankings to get gear of decent value.

No matter how much argument of skill you want to lay down in the brackets the overall problem remains that there won't be a high end bracket system period if they add rating to all items. To be at the top there needs to be someone to beat. And if the only people playing are the high end competative teams I want to see how high a rating they will get when everyone has a nearly even win/loss record.

As a retribution paladin I will strive in Season 4 to get myself a new weapon. Because even in raiding it eclipses for my class atleast everything else on the board. Will it be easy? No. Will I repeatedly get steamrolled by the cookie cutter druid/melee team? Yes. Will I get frustrated at imbalance? Yes. But I'll still play because, well..... I'm pretty damn good at what I do.

Sadly not everyone can say that and if they add rating to every item I'll be forced to stop Arena play merely because it's a waste of time and money. Due to class restrictions I'll get stuck at the low end brackets in 2v2 and 3v3 where it's easiest to attain higher rankings. And so will everyone else that's on the "unpopular class" list that the wonderful little diagram on the news page points out. If you want to talk about skill anymore take a second to log out and look at the class/rating breakdown and tell me what in that analysis screams skill.

Oh. And please people, run your posts through word and spell check or something first. It makes me cringe reading some of what you type.

Vosch Out

way to go, get rid of those casual gamers. Only the stupid will remain to be ganked by those "uber skilled rofl in your face" gamers that have 30% better stats than you and play with a druid buddy. so what will remain? "uber skilled rofl in your face" gamers, druids, and a very few stupid remaining casuals. well, that's arena for you.

Therealdeal

Blizzard wrote when S3 came out, that when S4 would come out all the same stuff would have personal rating and all the other stuff that doesnt have it will not. Simply because the one reason is in a 2v2 or 3v3 you can knock down the rating to almost 1.2k. Then add your main and friend and your personal rating will hit 2k befor the team even makes it back to 1.5k. Thats why it wont chanage people do it now and will do it again with s4 theres always loop holes around pvp. Thats why people still afk/bot in av.

1. Only shoulders require 2200, if you can't manage that get the S3 ones with 1950 rating req, only a small difference.
    2. Stop complaining about class imbalance, while it might be easier for some classes to get the rating, it's still achievable by all classes so stop acting like it's mission impossible for class X or Y.
    3. People complaining that they have the right class or spec but not the right partner are stupid also. You think you can kill raid bosses with retarded raid setups or improperly specced people? No.
    4. S4 is the last season, these shoulders will be the BEST shoulders for PVP until WotLK, they better be hard to get don't you think?
    5. That arena gear has ended up as welfare epix for 3 seasons now and caters (bad) casuals with top end gear probably wasn't intended in the first place.
    6. You don't need the best of the best gear if you play as 'casual' (in case of PVP, there is no such thing as hardcore or casual, so people saying they are casual are just afraid to admit that they suck), since the best of the best gear is only required for parts of the game you'll never see.

P.S: Lol @ the guy saying hunters aren't suited for 2v2.

Your smart !!!
    THen figure this out. What class did you mention in all those 3 setups ?
    Maybe ppl are newbs but even scrubs like you can see what healing class to roll in PVP arena.
    Lets give u S4 shoulders for beeing this smart !
    Know what I did? I got my S3 shoulders on my druid first. That didn't take long. Then I went on my rogue, and got the shoulders in twos with him. Then I went on my mage and got the shoulders in twos on her. Sure, 3s would have been easier for the rogue and mage, but wtf do I care I don't button mash and cry "UNBALANCED" when it takes me more than a month. Did I ever say that druids aren't unbalanced in twos? Hell no, because they are. But they also blow serious chode in fives compared to shamans, priests, paladins, warlocks, warriors, and mages. The only class which blows more chode than druids in fives in fact, is the rogue.

Tip: l2play lol.

Im sure that there's a "nerf dr00ds" topic out there, this one was about s4 rating requirements, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    How poor in PVP are you ? 20 weeks for one item ? lol - says everything needed about the rest of your argument.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...os&n=Blackburn

Come back when you learn how to read.

when reason has gone tits up, well then.. this sprang to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig6ClFm_yhM