Poll: Most skilled class?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Most skill-dependent class in WoW PvP

you all mix up a important thing:::

if a class sucks it doesnt means its the hardest to pwn in arena but its not the most skill dependent class!!

there is NOTHING about "skill" (meaning you can handlye your mouse and keyboard and know wtf u do) on mages, rogues. NOTHING!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mera
    For the one that kills everyone else: Hunter.
    Hunters seems to be easy to anyone tho, I know they aren't the hardest class to master. Everyone can play hunter and kill some ppl easily, but you sure need skill to do it right. And besides MM is way harder than BM.

BM hunters can kill all classes with a bit of skill for sure. That's true. Hardest but still killable for BM are Feral Druids
    But MM at the other hand requires alot more skill to kill these classes. Warrior/rogues/feral druids/lock are all pretty hard (atleast harder then with BM specc ) for MM hunters. Don't just say hunters are easy before you've played them yourself.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by sirrk
    ill bet 10 bugs you pla enh shaman.

i play enh. too but whats hard about it? they prety suck in arena (especialy 2s) thats a prob, (now flame me for having no skills ..^^) theres nothing hard. handly fear, skill 50% slow duration, use groundingtotem and pwn the shit out of them.

skill rewuirement isnt based on how hard the class sux!!! shaman is so easy..^^ only mages and rogues are more easy xD

tell me whats hard on playing rogue. wtf is hard? tell me
    First of all, that's 10 bugs for me then. You can also mail me 100g to Balduvian ( Twilight's Hammer EU server)
    And ofc. you can ''pwn the shit out of them'' like you say, but all classes can, but 1on1 it's just harder for a Enh shaman to kill whatever then for any other class IMO. ( IMO = In MY opinion )

Second..have I said playing rogue is hard? No I didn't..

suprised people arnt saying pally, well.. not really.. there just broken
    if you wanna base this on skill such as, a guy logging the arena realm, creating X class and dying horribly for hours and hours and hours before he learns it, I'd say hunter is the hardest
    you can go pew pew if you're left alone but 80% of the time you have atleast something targeting you, and managing your dots (scorpid) with your traps and such is very hard to master

playing enh shammy to 1900 as my main (only for weaps, dont enjoy standing next to things waiting for windfury to hit for 200)
    its really not much skill, twisting grounding and WF if your 3/5'ing and keeping something focused for off-shocks vs certain combos, really isnt hard
    enh shammys are gear reliant, much more so than skill reliant (gear meaning dps/survival customisation)

Quote Originally Posted by sirrk
    you all mix up a important thing:::

if a class sucks it doesnt means its the hardest to pwn in arena but its not the most skill dependent class!!

there is NOTHING about "skill" (meaning you can handlye your mouse and keyboard and know wtf u do) on mages, rogues. NOTHING!
    Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about and you lack knowledge of the game, the pvp part of it and the classes.

try playing a SP in pvp idd ;x

The most skill dependent class in wow pvp is obviously hunter and mage

I cant say hunters are hard to play -.-
    Mages look really complicated and warlocks are insane to master (I dont want to hear about how ezmode it is to 123 tab 123 tab to 1900, I'm talking 2400 ish rating)

Look at EU-Cyclone team with Rogue Zom and mage Another. The only reason they can get the stats they do (63-3 2330 ish rating) with a mutilate rogue is because of Another being so goddamn insane at playing a mage. Zom is good, no doubt but he'd be toast without a good mage.

Any class is pretty hard to master I guess but on the easier sides are Hunters and to some extent warriors.
    Pro warriors intervene crucial shit like blind and cheap shots on their partners, where as most just turtle when focused and mash MS otherwise. Hunters cant really show the same "skill". Scattershot into trap, easy as hell.

loads of rubbish then actually, to sum up
    Mages warlocks and rogues are hard to MASTER
    Hunters are OP and easy to play (Yes, I've played one @ 2200 rating, ezmode -.-)

jaja whatever u say but hunter and mage will still be the most skill dependent class in wow pvp

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Devon
    The most skill dependent class in wow pvp is obviously hunter and mage
    Quote Originally Posted by Devon
    jaja whatever u say but hunter and mage will still be the most skill dependent class in wow pvp
    1 time is enough m8

I dunno how I would do as a mage, but I'd guess fairly well.

I have played hunter since release (not too much in TBC, but enough) and I would say it's one of the easiest classes to get a general understanding of. But with that being said and getting the basics right with it, it will take a long time from basics to mastery. And yes, the BM spec is easier to play than the MM one. The potential of those two specs are reflected in higher rating teams however. With MM being the hardest one to play, it's also the most powerful one while played great.

I'm not counting counter-comps into this, but then we all know paladins got a tough time with the dispells.

1# Hunter imho.

Hunter are like poker: easy to learn, hard as hell to master.

Mages on the other hand are hard to play and hard to master. If you miss some CC your most likely dead.

Used to think that mage and rogue were pretty even, but after they buffed Shadowstep rogue requires much less skill to kill someone.
    So I'd say mage, Mage is the most vurneable class and if you don't use your spells at the right time you die.
    But if you know how to play and use your cooldowns right you can beat any class.
    Think warrior is the second most skill dependent class because you need to be skilled not to be kited.

Don't see why people say warlocks, hunters and shamans...?
    Warlocks and hunters are probably the most OP classes atm.
    Warlock is just Dot, dot, dot, fear, drain life then you win.
    Unless you are destruction, but you can't say that its hard to play just because you specc wrong.
    BM hunter is just pop Cooldown, send on pet, stun, nuke...
    I agree that it might be hard to kill some classes as shaman, but that is because shaman lack spells so can't say its skill dependent.

I'd say warlock and hunter are the easiest to play, and mage is hardest followed by warrior.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Impulse
    Used to think that mage and rogue were pretty even, but after they buffed Shadowstep rogue requires much less skill to kill someone.
    So I'd say mage, Mage is the most vurneable class and if you don't use your spells at the right time you die.
    But if you know how to play and use your cooldowns right you can beat any class.
    Think warrior is the second most skill dependent class because you need to be skilled not to be kited.

Don't see why people say warlocks, hunters and shamans...?
    Warlocks and hunters are probably the most OP classes atm.
    Warlock is just Dot, dot, dot, fear, drain life then you win.
    Unless you are destruction, but you can't say that its hard to play just because you specc wrong.
    BM hunter is just pop Cooldown, send on pet, stun, nuke...
    I agree that it might be hard to kill some classes as shaman, but that is because shaman lack spells so can't say its skill dependent.

I'd say warlock and hunter are the easiest to play, and mage is hardest followed by warrior.
    Are you fucking high? Hunters are the LEAST presented class at high ratings, and you claim they are easiest to play? Not to mention shamans...

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    Are you fucking high? Hunters are the LEAST presented class at high ratings, and you claim they are easiest to play? Not to mention shamans...
    Doesnt mean they arent easy to play

15+ Year Old Account

There's a difference between easy to play and easy to own other players in Arena. Arena is bases on teams, you can't judge a class by looking at their rating, because they didn't do it alone. So, just by saying a class has it easy to get high ratings could have nothing to do with their own skill, but with the skill of their teammate(s). There is just no way that you can determine what class requires the most skill by looking at Arena, because there are no 1vs1 Arena brackets.

Just think of it, 1vs1 Arena. What class would dominate? I'm thinking X-Men. They way the game is 'balanced' now, or should I say unbalalenced, certain classes wouldn't stand a chance in 1vs1 Arena.

I think it's better to look at Battlegrounds. There you can see the kill/death ratio and the amount of damage dealt. And yes, a mage has is very easy to end up between the top 5 damage dealers, but would end up in the bottom 5 if you ordered by the amount of deaths.

Edit: Response to the post below me. Gear does indeed say a lot, that's why Arena isn't fair these days. What if a 2200 rating fully S3 geared team decides to start over with a new team... They end up between the people that just started playing and have no good gear whatsoever. Fair? That's why Arena should be based on gear instead of rating or atleast have some sort of database where the game checks your former rating, so that you don't end up facing a noobteam.
    Statix will suffice.

battleground statistics are alot about who has a healer and who simply just has gear as well, no good.

Experience playing the class is what counts here. What classes do different players find easy to own with

I'm gonna go ahead and say Hunter. I can see the argument for mages, but they have much better CC and much better escape mechanics. If my hunter gets hamstring or crippling poison, it doesn't matter what I do, I'm not getting away. Scatter shot? I'll slowly walk three steps away while they're scattered, then it's right back to normal. Freezing trap? If it doesn't get resisted, it'll get trinketed. If it doesn't get trinketed, they're failing.

Quote Originally Posted by sydal
    I'm gonna go ahead and say Hunter. I can see the argument for mages, but they have much better CC and much better escape mechanics. If my hunter gets hamstring or crippling poison, it doesn't matter what I do, I'm not getting away. Scatter shot? I'll slowly walk three steps away while they're scattered, then it's right back to normal. Freezing trap? If it doesn't get resisted, it'll get trinketed. If it doesn't get trinketed, they're failing.
    While theorycrafting why not use a frost trap instead on top of that scatter and then use YOUR trinket on the hamstring / crippling. Gain some distance, load up concus shot and start heading back towards your trap while wing clip incoming and your spamming some of that 2k-3k instant damage attacks u've got.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by sydal
    Sorry, but it sure sounds like you don't have knowledge of Hunters. Hunters have excellent CC. They can slow the movement speed of players and they can instantly trap someone, not like mages that need a 2.5 sec. cast. Not to mention your pet that makes it impossible for casters to cast any spell on you.
    Statix will suffice.