Poll: Are you interested in a hardmode only guild?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Hardmode only guild interesting or not?

I just want to know if people are interested in this. It is purely for people who are interested in raiding hardmodes.

Let's say there is a guild who only raids hardmodes and nothing else, no normal mode the first week a raid is released (let's say you don't need to clear normal to do heroic) and no LFR, would you be interested in joining? The point is to have tiered progression without 'difficulty progression'.

You would be ofcourse allowed to do anything you like outside the guild. PuG a normal raid or do LFR (but those are not required for gearing up). Anything else doesn't matter.

Interested? Yes or no?

(added a third option in the poll for the people who feel the need to click an option just for the sake of it ;p)
    Last edited by Gilian; 2012-10-18 at 09:50 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You need to clear that normal mode first week to Unlock the hardmode :->

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    Let's say we don't :P. Edited OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    yea this sorta destroys the theory. although you could just have the raid leader have one clear.

So... The point is a guild that raids heroic modes and doesnt do anything guild related besides that? Without requirements like you have to get loot from LFR and stuff? I dont think I see what is so special or unique about that.

Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    So... The point is a guild that raids heroic modes and doesnt do anything guild related besides that? Without requirements like you have to get loot from LFR and stuff? I dont think I see what is so special or unique about that.
    Guilds generally don't skip loot.

This is only about raiding and not about other guild related activities.

You dont mention anywhere you wont use the loot from the heroic raids That'd make it quite unique indeed, but not something I'm interested in. Good luck with it

It baffles me that Blizzard don't give us this option in the first place, in all honesty. Why force guilds to run the content on normal mode once if they don't want to do the easy version? Plenty of other games allow you to start from the hardest difficulty immediately.

I mean, you know how so many people complain about 'uggh, killing the boss AGAIN when I've already killed it on easy mode is so boring'? Here's the solution. Let people jump into heroic mode from day 1, without requiring normal mode gear or clears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    It baffles me that Blizzard don't give us this option in the first place, in all honesty. Why force guilds to run the content on normal mode once if they don't want to do the easy version? Plenty of other games allow you to start from the hardest difficulty immediately.

I mean, you know how so many people complain about 'uggh, killing the boss AGAIN when I've already killed it on easy mode is so boring'? Here's the solution. Let people jump into heroic mode from day 1, without requiring normal mode gear or clears.
    That's what I was thinking. In the first tier of raiding this can be done, I don't think you necessarily need the loot from normal mode. The tiers after that there is even no reason to do normal when you are decked out in heroic gear I guess.

I hope they will give us that option sometime.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post

i would guess because the first bosses on hc are easier than the last bosses on normal sometimes. and getting hc gear from that first boss may well make the end boss on normal too easy

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    I think you'll find you'll badly need the gear from normal mode to clear hardmodes properly.

Several of the fights in Vaults are gearchecks. Gara'jal for example. (And don't come tell me that other hardcore guilds cleared it without gear, I've seen them all grinding their asses off for crafting epics, buying all the epics they could find on the AH and spamming massive amounts of gold on the BMAH to have close to 480 ilvl before HC mode even opened...)
    Ofcourse you need gear but I don't think one normal mode lockout will make or break your raid.

I just read methods interview on manaflask. They said they actually were not gearchecks and they thought they actually were able to clear hardmodes with kinda low gear.

It's ofcourse different for every group, some need more assistance (gear) than others. But that doesn't really mean we should all be forced to do normal first.

edit: the point is to not having to do different difficulties of one raid. Getting gear from other sources doesn't really matter.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2012-10-18 at 11:37 AM.

I'm confused what the OP is asking... isn't that the description of any hardcore orientated guild? My current one is 3/6 H at present and all we ever do as a guild is heroic raids, nothing else. Anything else we want to do we have to organize ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by vegiisan View Post
    I'm confused what the OP is asking... isn't that the description of any hardcore orientated guild? My current one is 3/6 H at present and all we ever do as a guild is heroic raids, nothing else. Anything else we want to do we have to organize ourselves.
    Can't make it more clear than I did.

Normal needs to be done to get to heroic. A lot of guilds want to gear through LFR/normal. This guild does none of that (assuming you could go into heroic from day 1 without having to clear normal).

That's just a waste of time then. What's the point of playing the hardest mode and trying to compete with people if you don't use any advantages you can to be able to clear hard mode faster.

The way you phrased it is poor though, if you had said "hardCORE" guild that doesn't require alts" or "hardCORE guild with limited amount of time per week" would be different. What you're asking is just illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Can't make it more clear than I did.

Normal needs to be done to get to heroic. A lot of guilds want to gear through LFR/normal. This guild does none of that (assuming you could go into heroic from day 1 without having to clear normal).
    Isn't it obvious that if normal modes didn't need to do done first than current hardcore orientated guilds would skip it? We only do week one in normals because you have to, not cause we want to, that's how these guilds already function.

Quote Originally Posted by vegiisan View Post
    Isn't it obvious that if normal modes didn't need to do done first than current hardcore orientated guilds would skip it? We only do week one in normals because you have to, not cause we want to, that's how these guilds already function.
    Old thread but anyway. Those guilds don't skip LFR, they don't skip any opportunity to gear up. If normal wasn't on the same lockout as hardmodes then they would clear normal every week also.

This guild would simply just do hardmodes and nothing else for the sole reason that I don't want to do multiple difficulties of one raid because it is boring. In the current state of WoW it is almost impossible to achieve this. (It is actually impossible since a normal clear is the attunement for hardmodes).

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    That's just a waste of time then. What's the point of playing the hardest mode and trying to compete with people if you don't use any advantages you can to be able to clear hard mode faster.

The way you phrased it is poor though, if you had said "hardCORE" guild that doesn't require alts" or "hardCORE guild with limited amount of time per week" would be different. What you're asking is just illogical.
    This is why I stopped responding here. Read before you post please. I never said this guild would be competing with anyone. I never said HARDCORE guild. A hardcore competing guild would do LFR as much as possible and needed and this is exactly the opposite of what I posted.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2013-01-11 at 12:59 PM.

Deleted
    Well cutting edge heroic progression guilds use whatever resources they got to down a heroic boss, because this is what matters in progress races, nobody cares about world first normal mode. That resources involve:

-running LFR
    -buying crafted/BOEs
    -camping BMAH
    -using arena gear if nothing better available (MoP arena gear is same as PvE gear)
    -doing multiple runs per lockout aka gear funneling 5 mains + 20 alts x5

Cutting yourself off from those means - you WILL fail. The raids are differently designed now, it's not TBC anymore with uniform raid size and difficulty. You need gear from normal mode farm bosses to progress on HMs. You just won't make it against tank damage, enrage and other mechanics in mix of blue and scarce normal mode drops you got. World first guilds managed to pull HMs off because they used ALL resources listed above - most notably gear funneling, meaning they had their characters almost fully decked in gear after just two resets while others need many more to achieve this.