Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: SK Gaming vs KJ (They used an exploit)

mages use ice block to prevent things happening to them all the time isnt that what it is for. So when he is about to summon adds people ice block or bubble so they can continue going and dropp aggro so they dont pull the boss off tank. i dunno seems like jealousy to me that it wasnt them so they call someone out.

It's funny so many people defend Sk's kill when they did something that might have been an exploit?

They still got the first Blaaaarrghh sound out of the big red bastard, so just admit it is a funky chance based exploit but accept they killed him first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestdemon
    The difference here is that the boss used his ability on the target and then the player used his skills to get out of it, using skills to prevent a boss from using an ability is called exploiting
    So a rogue vanishing before a bosses spell is an exploit? (as this prevents him being hit by it if he vanishes at the right time, same for shadow nova on prince, if you vanish the second it goes off you dont get hit)

Ive got an idea anyway, why not remove Ice Block? that would solve all the whiney faced pricks in this thread from crying about something which isnt an exploit!

If the adds are summoned due to a debuff on a player (so they know its coming) its hardly an exploit if they iceblock out of it, but if there is no prior warning to getting the adds summoned on you, and you know a trick that blizzard dont want you to know, then its an exploit

Absolutely every endraid boss has exploites. First 10-15 kills and hotfixes will ALWAYS be deployed. This doesn't mean it wasn't fair.

This has been as old as the existence of WoW, you can use any spell that gives temporary immunity to avoid spells from hitting you, this includes vanish. Last night I vanished right when one of those promenade sentinels was about to hit me with a L5 beam (100% of your health in damage) and I didn't receive any damage, didn't even pop up on SCT. I even remember some Hydross guides suggested rogues would vanish if they got targeted for water tomb lol.

It's hardly an exploit. You use a skill that makes you immune to mostly everything. You become immune to KJ's cloning spell. Makes sense? If Blizzard wanted to avoid this they could have easily made it go through immunity shields, for example on Illidan shadowfiend parasites stay on you even if you use iceblock.

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe
    Absolutely every endraid boss has exploites. First 10-15 kills and hotfixes will ALWAYS be deployed. This doesn't mean it wasn't fair.
    It does, in some way.

I think it's up to the players to determind what is fair "exploiting" of a boss.
    Wall hacking to C'thun definitive was a exploit, using [item=3387] for Gruul wasn't (imo.)

Perhaps people should stop whining, I doubth there is anyone who done M'uru pre-nerf who would call using Iceblock for a exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by beefyweefy
    mages use ice block to prevent things happening to them all the time isnt that what it is for. So when he is about to summon adds people ice block or bubble so they can continue going and dropp aggro so they dont pull the boss off tank. i dunno seems like jealousy to me that it wasnt them so they call someone out.
    Iceblock is meant to prevent things to happen to the mage.

Next people will complain that you shouldn't be able to use shieldblock to avoid shear.
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by ishy
    Iceblock is meant to prevent things to happen to the mage.

Next people will complain that you shouldn't be able to use shieldblock to avoid shear.
    OMG SHIELDBLOCK TO AVOID SHEAR! U PREVENT IT FROM HAPPENING MUST BE EXPLOITING!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet
    Clever usage of game mechanics obvisouly.
    This.

I blink across spouts to avoid having to jump in the water in SSC . HaHA!!! I am exploiting!!!! No hot water adds for me, muahaha!!

You people are funny.

I like the way he replied in his thread "fanboys", "kara geared noobs", "unexperienced/unskilled".

I really wish to see his main, I really do, and no, I've never been in SWP or even in BT, tho way you're crying your eyes out tells me that you havent been there either sir.

Oh and regarding the kill, a bit late but well, congratulations SK Gaming.

the best thing is, most ppl. don't get that it's no exploit, at least call it bug.
    but from my point of view, just clever use of game mechanics
    besides, who really cares about this?
    omg.

Quote Originally Posted by Ais
    Ill use Illidan as example, let's say there was bug that if you ice blocked/bubbled the second P2 starts (even if this isnt possible, lets pretend it is) and skip the add spawning and pretty much whole phase and illidan comes for P3, would you still say it's clever use of game mechanics? I wouldn't it's clearly an exploit to skip some part of the encounter, as here has happened. Maybe it was coincidence maybe not but saying it isnt exploit is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Focault
    They didn't design the fight so that you could roll the dice and get lucky and just not get adds. They designed the fight so your raid would be tested with dealing with the additional stress of handling them at the end of an already demanding fight.
    Back to Illhoof. Im going to call the time during which a player is sacrificed "Phase 2." Assuming you don't completely outgear the place, phase 2 is hell on healers. All dps must stop on Illhoof, and he heals himself. Not handling phase 2 properly is most certainly a wipe. A mage/paladin has a 10% chance of getting sacrificed (or lets say 11.11% since the MT can't get sacrificed). If that said mage/paladin iceblocks/bubbles out, they are negating one of the hardest parts of the fight based on the shear luck that they were sacrificed.

Skipping really difficult portions of fights based on a little bit of luck? Just unheard of.
    Blizzard has said before that they assume people use timer mods (like DBM or BigWigs). They KNOW people will preemptively defend themselves. I would assume this isn't a mistake.

I've seen a mage iceblock for aggro reasons on Akil'zon. Akil'zon casts storm on mage. Mage resists, no one notices mage was targeted. Collapse anyway. Die to chain lightning. Wasn't til looking at combat logs after the fight that we realized that we messed up. There are other fights where bosses can target immune people for their abilities and just skip them completely.

You people make it sound like he has 0 cooldown on his iceblock and he can cast spells from inside of it. Even with coldsnap he's limited to how many time he can cast it in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanias
    Well I talked with gamemasters and reported this issue. I'm pretty sure there will be a hot fix soon.. They agree with me.
    Oh dear, another person who hasn't yet discovered that GM's say "thank you for reporting this issue" in every conversation.

is it an exploit if i use cloak or Ice block oder DS at felmyst when he makes encapsulate on me? i think not^^

Quote Originally Posted by healmoar
    Oh dear, another person who hasn't yet discovered that GM's say "thank you for reporting this issue" in every conversation.

I TALKDD TO GM AND HE SAID SK GAMIN ALL GONNA GET BANND!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestdemon
    The difference here is that the boss used his ability on the target and then the player used his skills to get out of it, using skills to prevent a boss from using an ability is called exploiting
    I used Flash of light to keep people from dieing at archimond which hinderd him from geting soul charges and using them! damn it is there any legit archimond kills out there?!?! must go get a world first with using no healing!

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleA
    I TALKDD TO GM AND HE SAID SK GAMIN ALL GONNA GET BANND!!!!!
    does this mean mackelina gets his aids back?

To me this looks like an unintended counter to a boss ability. I think it should be changed, as what the hell else is there to do after KJ anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwios
    To me this looks like an unintended counter to a boss ability. I think it should be changed, as what the hell else is there to do after KJ anyway.
    tough call. Spirit hound things in dustwallow werent INTENDED to be tamed. But haste made it possible. Blizzard said this was really cool and they liked that people were being creative. Then they removed the ability to tame them.

Even if blizzard changes it. It doesnt necessarily mean it was a bug. It could have been working like it was supposed to. Just a mere oversight by blizzard, wanted this to be able to happen, but didnt actually think to how much this could simplify the fight. They change their minds later.