Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WotLK Bestiary - Jormungar, Wowhead, Blue posts

• WotLK Bestiary - Jormungar
      Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
      The fiercely aggressive jormungar are a marvel of evolution, possessing rows of chisel-like teeth capable of boring through solid rock, as well as muscular, flattened bodies well adapted to rapid underground navigation.

Legends tell of the nerubians' using the jormungar as creatures of labor, forcing them to carve massive tunnels through Northrend's subterranean ice and lay the groundwork for the nerubians' ancient civilization. With the fall of the nerubian empire, swarms of rogue jormungar ran amok, drilling through the region's permafrost, attacking surface dwellers, and devouring everything in their path.

New features on Wowhead
      HTML Code:
      [url="http://www.wowhead.com"][img]http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2008/june/wowhead-logo.gif[/img][/url]
      A bunch of features have been added to Wowhead

"Wowhead has rolled out a whole host of new features! There are some cool ones in this batch. For example:
    • Search within (displayed) results - You can now perform quick searches within search results, filtered lists, or any listing really! The quick search includes not only the name of the item, but also everything that is visible! A search within this listing for "70 pvp" will return any items that have those keywords in any column. Please note that as the label in the search box implies, this will only search within displayed results, and as such is most effective if what you are looking for is within these results.
    • Column-Specific Filtering - Now you can filter the results of an individual column! Just right click on the column header, enter a search term, and it will show only results that contain those terms. For instance, you may want to filter your class' skill list to only display abilities for certain levels.
    • Source Column Improvements - The Source column for items now has more detailed information. For instance, you can now see what specific NPC drops or sells the item you're looking for, and what zone the NPC is in, without a separate page load!
    • Filtered Search Improvements - Each stat that is filtered for is now added as an additional column in the results, which you can sort by or filter for.

Stat weighting (Tips and FAQ)
    Now you can order the items in a filtered list based on an item score you can customize yourself, effectively producing a list of the best items per your weights! Just click the "Create a weight scale" link to open up the weighting UI. We have a preset for every class and spec combination (like Protection Paladins, Restoration Druids, or Beast Mastery Hunters).

This lets you create easy gear lists like so:

In addition, you can build your own custom filters! The system uses a simple formula where the total values of all the weights are combined, and then points are distributed appropriately. It doesn't matter what the actual numbers are--only the relative weights. For instance, this filter will return the exact same results as this one. For example, you can build simplistic filters like this. This filter will sort by the total value of stamina and intellect, where stamina counts for twice as much as intellect. The weighted filters only work on Weapons, Armor, Consumables and Gems. And remember, any stats that are added to the list of weighted filters are automatically listed on the results page so you can sort and filter by those stats specifically!

Bear in mind that this new tool is designed to work with the existing filters, not replace them. Its purpose is to sort your search results based on the weights attributed to each stat. However, without any filters in place, it will show you everything in the database with a positive score. If you wish to limit the speed and weapon type or only display spellcaster weapons this is best done through the use of filters."

US Realms - Urgent Maintenance
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    We will be performing urgent maintenance on the following realms beginning at 11:30AM PDT. The realms should be playable again by approximately 1:30PM PDT.

Aman'Thul, Barthilas, Blackrock, Caelestrasz, Dath'Remar, Dreadmaul, Frostmourne, Frostwolf, Khaz'goroth, Kil'Jaeden, Kilrogg, Nagrand, Ner'zhul, Proudmoore, Sen'Jin, Silver Hand, Thaurissan, Tichondrius, Vek'nilash

WotLK and solo content
    Bornakk answered the question of a player who wanted to know if it would be possible to add solo instances to the game.
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    I understand your desire for this, but grouping up is an important part of the game, our goal with the 10 person raids is to making the raiding content feel a little less exclusive to players, but if you want to see everything then you would need to take on the challenges of every aspect of the game.

When the new expansions come out everybody has to level their characters up and at some point find new gear. This is a great opportunity for new players to get involved in their guilds if they are looking to take on a bigger roll in progression.

We do have a lot of solo-content available in the game as it is. You can level up to the max level, go through every zone, complete the vast majority of quests, enter battlegrounds and continually do a number of daily quests without ever grouping up with other players - but adding more variety to the game is important to a lot of people and that is where the 5 person and then 10/25 person raid dungeons come into play. These aspects are more challenging and so the story arcs they involve build up accordingly.

In short, we don't currently have any plans to add solo play to every aspect of World of Warcraft.

Re: WotLK Bestiary - Jormungar, Wowhead, Blue posts

If players want solo content, play Guild Wars.

My first first! Woot!

You cant say... Hey you want play alone... go play alone.

Tho i dont agree with everything that guy said in his post (mainly the geer thing), but i agree on this. I feel much better when i solo something, then when i wipe with 9 ppl 5 hours in kharazan... You can play godlike but if you cant find the right group, there simply is nothing to do if you dont want to end up in Arena or BG, trying to win 1/10 games, beacouse guess what, there is more ppls there that can ruin the feeling of game...

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

oh its a mmorpg. so that mean's I have to do EVERYTHING with people ... i get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja
    i bet the wyrm jormungar has is based on the same mode, has same sounds and animations as the big worms in outland, those drill holes to the ground too.
    In the concept art they are about 12 times as big as those worms. They are also more pokey and icy and toothy.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mechleader
    In the concept art they are about 12 times as big as those worms. They are also more pokey and icy and toothy.
    Yea, but that is concept art and not in-game art, which we all know is a lot different.

Quote Originally Posted by mechleader
    Scale the Outland worms the way you like, apply a new texture and maybe some meshes, voila you got the new worm. Let's face it Blizzard is damn lazy on generating new content, they have exceptional conceptual artists, so it shouldn't be hard for them to not let the assets repeat themselves all of the time like they do now.

mmm.. I believe the mob its self is a reference to Jörmungandr... the world serpent as it may... omg wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%B6rmungandr..

my favourite myth..

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus
    Scale the Outland worms the way you like, apply a new texture and maybe some meshes, voila you got the new worm. Let's face it Blizzard is damn lazy on generating new content, they have exceptional conceptual artists, so it shouldn't be hard for them to not let the assets repeat themselves all of the time like they do now.
    I hate how so many people out there make stupid comments like "face it, blizzard is lazy" "!@#$ing blizzard, they screwed this up" or complaining about some change that they made in the most recent patch. Here's what you should face, they haven't made a game that wasn't a huge winner, and came out with the game of the year award. Changes in patches are them listening to all the people that are complaining about something, and doing what would make the majority of them happy the best they can. When they push back a release date for a patch or expansion, that's them putting more effort into the game because it's not up to the quality they've come to be known for, in fact, more companies should do that so that they're not rushing a project and screwing it up so that they can release some half assed game just to please the impatient gamers who probably hassle the company with email after email about it why they can't get the game to them faster. As for saying that their developers are lazy with character models, there were tons of new models released in BC, and will probably be a ton of new ones in WotLK too, buildings, characters and weapons. Sure, some stuff gets recycled and used again, but who cares. If blizzard is such a lazy company and you're so unimpressed with it, why don't you go pick another MMO, or make your own? Here's why, because it's the best MMO out there, for such amazing graphics, it requires so much less power to run then other games out there that don't look as good, and it's another 5 star game that blizzard has put great time and work into to once again show why they're the best out there.

Another worm like those in Netherwing Quests underground and those in hellfire, but some new colours and some leather.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by druidiful
    Yea, but that is concept art and not in-game art, which we all know is a lot different.
    You still haven't seen a screenshot of them? They have nothing to do with the Outland worms.

I can't believe how you bloodsuckers can find something to QQ about in news when there is absolutely nothing to complain about.

They're like ice versions of the worms in Frank Herbert's Dune books. At least that came to my mind when I saw the full pic.

aka icy versions of ouro?

Because they're totally going to only reskin the model... be optimistic at the very least they could completely rego an existing model like...oh say pit lords and turn them into magnataurs or w/e...but i digress

now to the point, i made this account to say one thing;

stop fucking calling them outland worms, get your facts straight

http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=15517

Quote Originally Posted by Thuran
    aka icy versions of ouro?
    Are you fuckin blind man?? It's EXACTLY as the art. NOTHING to do with ouro it's outland versions.

Its a fucking giant snake (Dont make me brake the NDA)
    /end

Looks like they are fans of Dune... looks like a cool version of the Sand Worm.. Shai-Hulud

Shai Hulud is already ingame, as the Big Bone Worm Hai Shulud. Also the weapons from that quest are named after characters from Dune.
    So yes, pretty big fans of Dune.

Quote Originally Posted by icaretaker
    If players want solo content, play Guild Wars.
    You've made my day! I am player of GuildWars. If you happen to not play that game as a whole, let me tell you something. GuildWars cannot and never did compete in PvE with WoW. WoW's PvE is far better (well, it was better before tBC but it's another story), PvE in guildwars is there just for people to handle one or two professions on very basic level so they can start compete with other players in PvP. All in all, solo pve content in guildwars is just like leveling your character in wow. You can do both solo, but if you reach at point to want to decide if you want more pve, there are in GW some "high level" areas which you either can solo partitaly (farming) or full clear mostly only with real people.

Anyway this is forum about WoW...For people who want to be able to play solo - go play singleplayer RPGs or other genres...you'll enjoy it far better than soloplaying wow.

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe
    Shai Hulud is already ingame, as the Big Bone Worm Hai Shulud. Also the weapons from that quest are named after characters from Dune.
    So yes, pretty big fans of Dune.
    Inpressive i never saw that... nice..