Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WotLK Beta Blue Posts, WoW Russian Release

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Earn a Zhevra Mount- New Recruit-a- Friend! (See this news)
    With the new Recruit-A-Friend program you can earn an exclusive Zhevra mount, receive a FREE month of game time, and gain access to other exciting in-game benefits. From the moment your friend creates a character and starts playing you’ll both earn triple the experience when grouped together and have the ability to summon one another from anywhere in the world. Also, for every two levels of experience your friend earns, they can grant one level of experience to any one of your characters.

To start recruiting your friends click here. http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/recruit-a-friend.html

For more details on the new Recruit-A-Friend program please click here. http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20588

------------

Achievements
    Retro Dungeon & Raid Boss Kill Update
    We did a pass and checked quests associated with dungeon boss kills. In an upcoming Beta build, you'll see that you'll get some dungeon/raid achievements granted retroactively. Not all dungeons and raids have quests associated with them so some players will still have to re-do the content. For example, there are no quests that validate the boss kills in Slave Pens or Blood Furnace.

Also, keep in mind that in cases such as Onyxia or Zul'jin, not every raid member got quest credit for the quest item drop. We figured it was better to try to reward credit wherever possible. (Source)

Could we get achievements for killing rare mobs ?
    Cool idea. We'll see if we can get to it. (Source)

Unobtainable Achievements - (See the whole thread for more details)
    • Eggbert is non-refundable since you can reacquire him through in-game methods (i.e. do the quest again next year and get another Eggbert).
    • You can get the Searing Gorge key back from the Locksmith once he's in the beta build.

------------

Death Knight (WotLK - Skills List / Talent Calc.)
    Unholy Talents & Skills balancing
    With the changes we made, the two diseases last the same amount of time, which is one of the things that makes the DK feel smoother in general. We're still working on Unholy. It has some really interesting talents but it needs to gel a little better. Since AE isn't universally useful and the Ghoul is something of an acquired taste, we'd like you to be able to build a solid Unholy tree even without those talents. Some of the talents also didn't fare well with the conversion. Blood-Caked Blade was a great talent before that didn't survive the transition well. We're still working on it. (Source)

Death Coil spamming nerf
    We found that a lot of DKs were able to spam Death Coils at a pretty steady pace. Part of this was bugs, but part of it was also the Runic Power Mastery talent along with the talents that gave your runic power -- Butchery and talents like Dirge.

We made a big pass on all of these numbers to get Death Coil down closer to the frequency we intended -- something more like once a cycle (if you imagine a cycle being something like Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Blood Strike, Blood Strike, Death Strike). We feel like all of the talents are more interesting choices now without some of them being no-brainers and others being lackluster. For example, Sudden Doom feels meh when you are already tossing Death Coils as fast as you can.

Death Knight Role in raids
    A DK of any spec should be able to tank a 5-player non-heroic instance. The same is true for a warrior, and perhaps even a paladin or druid, though those are a little tricky since the gear overlaps different roles even less.

A warrior pretty much cannot tank a raid (unless he massively overgears it) without a heavy investment in the Protection tree. The difference is the DK can go into the Blood, Frost or Unholy tree and still tank. But she probably needs as many tanking talents as she can get (which does not have to mean the same number of talents that other classes spend), and definitely needs the tanking gear and player skill that go along with raiding. (Source)

Frigid Dreadplate / Bone Armor
    Frigid Dreadplate will probably not affect most bosses. It will however stack with things like Thunder Clap. It's not an expensive talent, so it may still be worth it for trash and PvP. If not, we might change it to something else, but we don't want to over stack Frost with too many tanking abilities.

It's a little tricky to compare Bone Armor directly to the other two abilities since it is dependent on hits. If you take 4 quick strikes (though there is an internal cooldown) it may not be up as long as Unbreakable Armor. This is entirely dependent on the duration and internal cooldown, which fortunately are easy numbers for us to adjust to try and achieve some approximation of parity. (Source)

Plague Strike and Degeneration
    We removed the hot dispel effect from Scourge Strike and put it on the base Plague Strike. Scourge Strike will be given something to replace the loss. Even if all it does is Plague Strike but as Shadow damage, that may be sufficient.

A Brief History of Degeneration
    I believe the initial version of Degeneration described at the World Wide Invitational was that it removed all hots on the target and did extra damage per hot, and the dot effect of Degen also prevented any additional hots. Wow. While this might sound fun (for the death knight) it was probably ridiculously overpowered, and very punitive towards one type of healer in particular. If you think druids are OP in Arenas, this was probably not the best way to fix that.

The version of Degeneration that existed through most (possibly all) of the alpha and beta was a spell that removed one hot and did bonus damage on its dot effect (it was originally 7x damage then lowered to 3x damage). A potentially confusing tooltip on Degeneration probably didn't help at all.

When we made the recent pass at death knight talents, we gave the Degeneration effect (dispels one hot) to Scourge Strike. Some players were concerned that meant they had to go deep Unholy in order to be effective at PvP. This was not our intent and it's probably debatable whether or not that single ability made Unholy the PvP tree.

Nevertheless, after hearing many concerns, we are giving the ability back to core Plague Strike. It currently does not scale damage if it finds a hot -- it just removes the hot. If we think the damage bonus is necessary we'll add it back, possibly with a talent.

The current Plague Strike's tooltip says something like:
    - A vicious strike that deals X weapon damage and infects the target with Blood Plague, a disease dealing Shadow damage over time. Will dispel one heal over time effect from the target.

Druid (WotLK - Skills List / Talent Calc.)
    Lifebloom Changes
    Yes, we have done some toning down of Lifebloom. Lifebloom was unintentionally buffed too much during Burning Crusade when we made the coefficient scaling work on the stack applications. This has caused a lot of problems with balance in the game. Druids are intended -- as healers -- to be able to dish out good throughput heals with very low efficiency, likewise Lifebloom is intended to be rather cheap and efficient, but not to the degree that it is today.

Compare how you healed in dungeons and raids pre-Burning Crusade to today. Before you used nearly every healing spell you had, today you just use Lifebloom and maybe your other HoTs just because they stack with Lifebloom. Not only is this boring to the player, but it pigeon holes the Druid to spamming Lifebloom on the tanks.

We hope to tone down Lifebloom and bring the Druids other healing spells up to speed in this expansion. Part of this is through changes to the Druid class, changes to other healing classes and through encounter design.

Just as a note -- we did intend to change Lifebloom in the Burning Crusade (lower the coefficent), but we ended up delaying that so that we wouldn't hurt the Druids viability in raiding. With Wrath, we're introducing a new heal, a revamped Tree Form, and other mechanics to correctly balance things out. (Source)

Moonkins in WotLK
    • Bloat: Bloat is another word for "I can't have everything I want!". We want every class to feel their tree is "bloated" to a degree. We want classes to have to make choices and sacrifices over good talents, because that is ultimately what makes talents interesting. If it weren't that way, we would just make it a linear progression without any choices. That said, if you feel the flow of the talents makes you spend points in something that doesn't necessarily benefit you what that build is for (i.e. spending too many "PvE" talents for a PvP build), then that can be addressed.
    • Dreamstate: If we deem Moonkins to have mana issues we can change this talent to work with Spirit/improve it, but from what I've seen it's the total opposite right now. If anything we might of gone too far in Moonkin efficiency.
    • Earth and Moon: I realize that the talent doesn't really justify more than a few points of investment. We'll do some changes here.
    • Eclipse: Eclipse is intended to be a good DPS upgrade when you utilize it, if it isn't resulting in that then we will change the damage bonus effects it gives you. Your specific results with Eclipse testing would help. It is intended to be a long cooldown, though. Otherwise you'd get fatigue from swapping between Wrath and Starfire too much.

Feral Concerns in WotLK
    • Druids are not all done and ready for live. We need to "really look" at druids before ship. As I have posted in other forums though, we don't generally look at all classes all at once. We work very collaboratively, which unfortunately means classes get appraised one at a time. (Source)
    • We don't think druids NEED to choose bear or cat. But it would be nice if you had the option of choosing bear > cat or cat > bear. Going that route lets us justify your being an awesome tank (because you're giving up some dps) or vice versa. I don't think anyone is arguing (I hope) that all Ferals with any spec need to be as good at tanking as prot warriors and as good at dps as rouges just by shapeshifting and swapping gear. I think we all know the outcome of such a design. But there is a difference between "as good as rogues" and "worth bringing on a raid." (Source)
    • We have no problem if paladins are better at some bosses than others, so long as a guild that runs with a druid MT isn't months behind the paladin MT guild because the encounter is so hard without the paladin. (Source)
    • The best solution is that Ferals bring something great to the raid. Imagine Mark of the Wild was as good as Blessing of Kings, but they didn't stack. Now a druid or a paladin is a great addition. Or imagine the health return from Imp LotP was at the level of Blood death knight or Shadow priest. Now bringing a Feral makes it noticably easier on the healers. These are just examples, not changes I'm announcing. (Source)

Hunter (WotLK - Skills List / Talent Calc.)
    New abilities and pet bar size
    We don't currently have a way to fit every active pet ability on the bar. It's something we're working on, but we didn't want to hold all of the pet changes in the event it wasn't done. Think of the pet bar as shortcuts to their abilities. Just because an ability isn't on the bar doesn't mean it can't be cast or autocast. (Source)

Hunter issues (Source)
    Making your abilities harder to dispel does not improve the class. The Hunter class should be a strong class similar to how other classes are strong, because of damage combos, CC, etc. Not because you stayed alive longer because of Viper String. Besides, you already have a talent that reduces the chance the target can dispel your stings.

The issues I feel the Hunters have (in PvP, which I assume is what you're at issue with) are the following:

• Mobility: Master's Call is a stun/snare break. Instead of having the ability just work on you, we've allowed you to also cast it on other players, making it more interesting and adding group utility. Changed Surefooted to %duration instead of %resist, making it more consistent. If the numbers don't pan out right (as in it should match Fleet footed), then we'll make that change.
    • Survivability: We've significantly improved Deterrence, it now works on spells and has a lower cooldown.
    • Line of Sight: We do plan to introduce two new Hunter abilities that will help combat LoS issues (those we'll announce soon), which we believe plagues Hunters the most out of other classes. We understand this has been an issue throughout Burning Crusade, but we couldn't really address it correctly without introducing new abilities, talents, etc. (which we can do in the expansion) We're also (as funny as it sounds) improving Hunter melee DPS through an improvement to Aspect of the Beast (10% Melee AP buff while this aspect is active), and removed the conditional from Mongoose Bite (so you can use it even if you haven't dodged the opponent). Though you won't be doing as much damage if you were at range, you'll find a pretty significant damage potential while in melee range with these changes.
    • "Finishing" move: Hunter's do have a powerful front-load combo (Aimed -> Multi -> Arcane etc.) , but the problem they have is finishing the player off. If the player is still alive after your front load damage, you're left standing there praying for autoshot crits. This should be addressed with the introduction of "Kill Shot." Also with the revamped "Kill Command" coming in a future patch.
    • Pets: We always believed that the Pet should be more of a focus for the Hunter in PvP (and PvE). We've revamped Pets in this expansion, giving them all unique abilities, a lot of which will help Hunters in the various arena brackets, battlegrounds, world PvP etc.

Priest (WotLK - Skills List / Talent Calc.)
    Priest Buffs and Inscription
    Note that the highest scroll in the expansion so far is for 25 Spirit, Divine Spirit is currently 50. The scrolls are intended as a compromise if you don't have the buff from the Priest, not a replacement/complete alternative. I talked to the designer who does Inscription and was told that if we do a "spirit scroll" it won't exceed ~75% of what Divine Spirit would be. Regarding scrolls similar to other abilities (mark of the wild, arcane intellect, etc.) those are still in design. (Source)

Warlock (WotLK - Skills List / Talent Calc.)
    Soul Well Buff
    Soul Well will have 25 charges in the next patch. (Source)

World of Warcraft released in Russian
    World of Warcraft is now available in Russian ! You can also download the russian language pack from the account management page.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    We are delighted to announce the release of World of Warcraft and World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade in Russian, available today. As well as being able to experience the worlds of Azeroth and Outland in Russian, players now also have access to full Russian language support and a range of payment options in roubles.

For existing players, you can convert your account to a Russian account, by following the procedure outlined here. Once your account is converted, you will be able to pay for the account in roubles. Some restrictions apply and you can read all about the distinctions here. A free migration option is available for a limited time for transfers from existing European realms to Russian language realms, to allow you to take immediate advantage of Russian language in-game support.

New players can create a Russian account here, and find out more about the benefits of these accounts here. Two new Russian language realms have been opened today for new character creation only.

A free trial is also available, allowing you to experience the World of Warcraft for ten days, absolutely free.

We extend a warm welcome to all our current and future Russian speaking players, and hope that they will now enjoy World of Warcraft even more.

Re: WotLK Beta Blue Posts, WoW Russian Release

Lifebloom QQ will finally be over, atleast I hope so

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Lifebloom QQ will finally be over, atleast I hope so
    Seconded.

not sure about that when u see the nerf :

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...48684&sid=2000

so little change in lifebloom, where as both other spell are significally improved.

Ya know, i'd love to see an achievement added called : "Got head?"
    For Killing the broodlord lashlayer in BWL.
    Quest : only one may rise.

Or for collecting every boss "head" that's available.

Less russian in BG chat then in a year or so hopefully.. :P

Russian localization failed. I have no idea why they made russian servers like a ghetto for russian people. The translation is terrible. We can't use euGB clients on russian servers like other localizations. So do not be surprised if majority will stay on eu realms.

actually no, lots of russians transferred and the russian servers are already full
    more servers will be created i think since the others are full at the moment

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Roland
    Russian localization failed. I have no idea why they made russian servers like a ghetto for russian people. The translation is terrible. We can't use euGB clients on russian servers like other localizations. So do not be surprised if majority will stay on eu realms.
    Friend, we can. Just switch language from english to russian in WoW launcher, and you're be able to play on "Термоштепсель PvP" or any other russian-speaking server you like :P
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland
    Yeah, translation is really terrible, and even more it sucks that you can't play English version on Russian servers. Another thing I've noticed - increased lag on Stonemaul (Russian inflated) server. Is that the way Blizzard want us to transfer?

I love it how almost every day I come on to read more blue posts in this very order:

Death Knight
    Druid
    Hunter
    Warlock

LoL...its not like Blizzard is showing a little favoritism for at least communicating to those classes b/c of the mass QQ of greediness by those already OP classes. Giving hunters 2 new abilities for their line of sight issues? How about give all other classes jumper forms b/c they have problems walking through walls...give me a flipping break. I guess that's what you get in reward for QQ'ing when 75% of the hunter player base is under the age of 18. I'm not harassing, but that's quite ridiculous.

How about some consoling to mages? I don't play one as much, but damn, other than arcane, fire (MOSTLY) and frost got the Shaft of UBER Darkness...lol

This is exactly what we need, 4 to 9 other ppl depending on the "tank" to tank when the "tank" is not prot spec. I see this as the source of many frustrating wipes.

*edit*
    I know there are skilled tanks capable of this now, my point is now we're inviting the idiots to try to when they need all the help they can get.

Compare how you healed in dungeons and raids pre-Burning Crusade to today. Before you used nearly every healing spell you had, today you just use Lifebloom and maybe your other HoTs just because they stack with Lifebloom. Not only is this boring to the player, but it pigeon holes the Druid to spamming Lifebloom on the tanks.
    Hope he is kidding?
    That is so not true!

"Before you used nearly every healing spell you had." What does that mean, "nearly"? All but one? Well lets see the present. I use LB stacking plus Reju for tanks; spread LB and Reju over the raid in group healer position and use regrowth with natures swiftness or swiftmend for targets that drop HP very fast. If 3 or more ppl in my group drop below 50% I use tranquility if i can leave my maintarget alone for 10 seconds. So the only heal I do not use is Healing Touch because it has a way too long cast time that only leads to overheal in raids and most importantly is unavailable in tree form. And I am not going to waste lots and lots of mana plus my aura by breaking tree form for that, regardless what stupid set-boni they implement on T6.
    Looking at my webstats the split is: 50-60% lifebloom, 25-30% Rejuvenation, around 10% Swiftmend, 5-10% Regrowth, 1-2% Tranquility, 0% Healing Touch. So right now, I use all my healing spells but one -> "nearly every healing spell" except for one that did not make any sense throughout the whole time of BC.

And I cannot agree to "pigeon holes the Druid to spamming Lifebloom on the tanks"!
    I am as often group healer as tank healer - sometimes a mix of both. But all the time I do massive target switching, almost every GCD. I would not call that "boring". Its rather stressfull. Especially compared to the healing roles of other classes. A Paladin spamming two different ranks of the same spell on the tank all the time. Or a shaman spamming chainheals on the tank all the time and by that automatically healing the other melees without ever switching targets. That might be considered boring. Well but it is not for shamans. They are busy laughing about other classes, because their webstats show over 90% use of the same spell on the same target and they get first place in healing meters for it (unless its an Encounter that gives CoD Priest an advantage).

I don't want to bash other healing classes by saying that. I just cannot imagine how this blue poster comes to such stupid conclusions that show very little understanding of how a good tree of life works in a raid (dont care for pvp - only talking about raiding here!) And this post is not a nerf-whine post! I am ok with toning LB a bit down (and seeing the first comparisons made between life and beta shows its only a few percent). I just think his reasoning is very poor for a class designer

Quote Originally Posted by Darv101
    I love it how almost every day I come on to read more blue posts in this very order:

Death Knight
    Druid
    Hunter
    Warlock

LoL...its not like Blizzard is showing a little favoritism for at least communicating to those classes b/c of the mass QQ of greediness by those already OP classes. Giving hunters 2 new abilities for their line of sight issues? How about give all other classes jumper forms b/c they have problems walking through walls...give me a flipping break. I guess that's what you get in reward for QQ'ing when 75% of the hunter player base is under the age of 18. I'm not harassing, but that's quite ridiculous.

How about some consoling to mages? I don't play one as much, but damn, other than arcane, fire (MOSTLY) and frost got the Shaft of UBER Darkness...lol
    Umm.. didn't you get the BC memo? All mages were to reroll destruction locks, think there is also mention of this in the instructions.

I may not read the forums you read, but I would have to say most hunters skilled or not are a fairly happy bunch, I mean whats not to like about easy mode.

i don't like this "recruit a friend" - stuff... i mean a zhevra mount is nice and triple exp is also okay but summon
    each other and the possibility to grant one level of experience to any one of your characters is too much...

WTRecruit too bad most of my friends play anyway.

Death Knight
    Druid
    Hunter
    Warlock

IDK what you are talking about their have been multiple huge mage updates so far. If anyone should be complaining it is warriors.

Death Knight
    Druid
    Hunter
    Warlock

From a post on the first page of the website:

Class changes deployment frequency during Beta Test
    Seriously though, it's easier for to focus on only a couple of classes at a time. We find that way we are more in sync on the direction of the class and its problems. We don't work in an environment where each person goes to their desk, throws in the talents for one class, and then we pour them all into the game. A lot of the time it's 10% actual talent implementation and 90% brainstorming and discussion.

Mages recently got a fair amount of attention and death knights always do, just because they have the most catching up to do to the years of analysis and design that's been done on the other classes.

But even then, you're more likely to see ability changes than number adjusting. We need to feel like the abilities have a chance of working out before we go into the mode of comparing everyone's dps and threat and survival in a variety of situations. The encounter design and item design need to be at that level too. We're still debating things like encounters and raid stacking will work. Think about all the changes: many stats are universal now (meaning melee hit and spell hit are the same as far as items are concerned), most buffs affect the entire raid, we're trying to offer fewer very specialized items as random drops, etc. etc. It ends up being a lot of changes all with ramifications for every class. (Source)

QQ less and pay attention more, please.

YES, a lot less russians on EU-servers. Best news in months!!

Quote Originally Posted by memento
    Hope he is kidding?
    That is so not true!

"Before you used nearly every healing spell you had." What does that mean, "nearly"? All but one? Well lets see the present. I use LB stacking plus Reju for tanks; spread LB and Reju over the raid in group healer position and use regrowth with natures swiftness or swiftmend for targets that drop HP very fast. If 3 or more ppl in my group drop below 50% I use tranquility if i can leave my maintarget alone for 10 seconds. So the only heal I do not use is Healing Touch because it has a way too long cast time that only leads to overheal in raids and most importantly is unavailable in tree form. And I am not going to waste lots and lots of mana plus my aura by breaking tree form for that, regardless what stupid set-boni they implement on T6.
    Looking at my webstats the split is: 50-60% lifebloom, 25-30% Rejuvenation, around 10% Swiftmend, 5-10% Regrowth, 1-2% Tranquility, 0% Healing Touch. So right now, I use all my healing spells but one -> "nearly every healing spell" except for one that did not make any sense throughout the whole time of BC.

And I cannot agree to "pigeon holes the Druid to spamming Lifebloom on the tanks"!
    I am as often group healer as tank healer - sometimes a mix of both. But all the time I do massive target switching, almost every GCD. I would not call that "boring". Its rather stressfull. Especially compared to the healing roles of other classes. A Paladin spamming two different ranks of the same spell on the tank all the time. Or a shaman spamming chainheals on the tank all the time and by that automatically healing the other melees without ever switching targets. That might be considered boring. Well but it is not for shamans. They are busy laughing about other classes, because their webstats show over 90% use of the same spell on the same target and they get first place in healing meters for it (unless its an Encounter that gives CoD Priest an advantage).

I don't want to bash other healing classes by saying that. I just cannot imagine how this blue poster comes to such stupid conclusions that show very little understanding of how a good tree of life works in a raid (dont care for pvp - only talking about raiding here!) And this post is not a nerf-whine post! I am ok with toning LB a bit down (and seeing the first comparisons made between life and beta shows its only a few percent). I just think his reasoning is very poor for a class designer
    QFT. Much wisdom in your post.

Remember the days of BWL and Molten Bore ? What did we use there ? Healing Touch, Rank 4 plus Rejuvenation. Who did we use it on ? Only the person we were assigned to. That's it.
    If anything should be said about druid healing today, it's that it actually became alot more effective, fun and interesting then the 'good old days'.

Agree 100%.