Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Wrath of the Lich King Release - Additional Info

its called smart business planning.
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbaki
    When char = character, tell me how "1 per char" is different than "a special pet for any toon i create on any server"???

L2R
    Would you accept an ooops and a misquote apology? You not the other. I was reading two threads and got them confused. My apologies.

Although your L2R doesn't help. Learn that people make mistakes... or do you think you are that perfect?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Maz
    I find this all decidedly underhanded...
    Yeah how dare a company try and stop another company from taking away their custom! Whatever next, petrol stations lowering their prices to get custom over another petrol station. etc etc.

Blizzard is a company, why should they sit back and watch their customers migrate.Keep their interest in the product going. It's how business works.. But hey. underhanded... hmmmm

Won't buy unless they can offer a digital purchase. This is 2008 ffs

So... where are all of the disbelievers? Where did they go suddenly?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Qrio
    So... where are all of the disbelievers? Where did they go suddenly?
    None of us said "omg this is fake" or anything like that. We merely said it was unofficial. Until Blizz said themselves that "hey guys, it's out on November 13th!", it still was not official.

Do you want me to send you all the quotes from the old thread?

Some were skeptical, some were "Omg you fools, that won't be the official date".

I can paste all the quotes (if people haven't edited their comments)...

Seeing how gullible people are, makes me annoyed.

Only people with a lack of braincells believe that this will be the actual release-date. Stop acting like a flock of sheep and think!
    kkthanks.
    We're not the ones getting hyped up over nothing.
    The people believing this release date announcement are like puppetdolls dancing to the strings of the marketeers.

I just have an issue with seeing people getting blatantly deceived and manipulated.
    Shall I go on?

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

Deleted

Meh, if some said that then fair enough, I didn't read all of the posts.

Quote Originally Posted by shadet
    Yeah how dare a company try and stop another company from taking away their custom! Whatever next, petrol stations lowering their prices to get custom over another petrol station. etc etc.

Blizzard is a company, why should they sit back and watch their customers migrate.Keep their interest in the product going. It's how business works.. But hey. underhanded... hmmmm
    More like they've dealt out content like potatoes during the Irish famine and now they're (recklessly) kicking things into high gear when actual competition starts to rear its ugly head.

Now they give a crap, when someone else shows up doling out digital crack that might be better than their own.

I don't quite understand where all the negativity about the date is coming from.

It's still 2 months away, and the game has only been in beta for 2 months. And let me say that things have improved A LOT since the intial beta.

Blizzard will hit the date with a well-polished game as usual. And since it's an MMO Blizzard can work on fixing things until 11:59PM on November 12th. We're going to download a patch no matter what. As long as the CD's have the majority of the content in it (keeping patch sizes small) things are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Won't buy unless they can offer a digital purchase. This is 2008 ffs
    You're not gonna buy the expansion, for the game you like to play just cause you might have to go to the game shop and /gasp, interact with other people face to face along with going out of the house

I suddenly now want that CE. It's official I just shat my pants.

More like they've dealt out content like potatoes during the Irish famine and now they're (recklessly) kicking things into high gear when actual competition starts to rear its ugly head.

Now they give a crap, when someone else shows up doling out digital crack that might be better than their own.
    If you've played WAR, you wouldn't say that. It's bad.

Anyway, @ all the naysayers: owned.

It's been obvious for a while that Vivendi is going to force a release date for the Holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    You're not gonna buy the expansion, for the game you like to play just cause you might have to go to the game shop and /gasp, interact with other people face to face along with going out of the house
    Other nerds at that, it's not like Gamestop hires the frat boys that gave you a swirlie.
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ZerOne
    At times as these I'm glad I have pre-ordered the CE 2 months back.
    And where exactly did you do that? Seeing it's not on order anywhere...

CE is up for Preorders on Gamestop's website!

https://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/pro...spx?sku=647480

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    If you've played WAR, you wouldn't say that. It's bad.
    WAR is in no way 'bad.' It pretty much delivers what it promised... a highly PvP oriented MMO. I played WAR in the PW, PW+ and OB and had nothing but fun with it.

Does it have the depth of WoW? No, not at all.

But it handles PvP better than WoW by leaps and bounds.

WAR is in no way 'bad.'
    Is this maz "the hammer" by any chance?
    You still owe me 50 bucks :P

But it handles PvP better than WoW by leaps and bounds.
    Good. Then maybe all the PvP'ers from WoW can go over to WAR and we can stop having our classes tuned to handle PVP and hurt PVE

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    Cba with more CDs and boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzyk
    Good. Then maybe all the PvP'ers from WoW can go over to WAR and we can stop having our classes tuned to handle PVP and hurt PVE
    They tuned the classes for Arena instead of mass-scale PvP. WAR doesn't do Arena style PvP... it goes mass-scale PvP... It actually has tanks as obstacles in PvP and in their equivalent of battlegrounds, you don't find yourself stuck on guarding a flag just to avoid a ninja, spending a majority of the game doing nothing because no one else will 'defend.'

If you dislike WoW class tuning, blame Arena, not PvP in general.