Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warlocks and new patch : disaster ?

I am in deep s^^t. I read every day the last 2 days all forums from various websites about our "nerf". I have too many questions answered and blizzard might give so many false details so we can go " OMG " yes lets play WoW instead of AoC and Warhammer.( for other classes cuz they destroy ours apparently ) . I trully dont care how much rotation i have to do . its simple to rotate 5 -6 buttons if u cant macros is a solution .
    Anyway my questions:

They cut us off so much %power what they give (molten core ,backdraft,empowered imp) can compensate the loss ( 15% from sacrifise and 5% from shadowbolt spam ) ?

What will be my place in recount ?

Sacrifising imp is it worst than empowered imp ?

Will i be any good use in a Raid or will i ll be 1 lock and 6 mages ? ( and ofc me affliction so they can get malediction ). - ( Plz dont metion the 2-3 boss we ll be tanking or the 8 banishes i have to do in a 4 hour raid )

How much dmg my imp will do ?

With the new spells and talents will my dps increased analogue to tbc or i ll just do the same dps analogue to the new gear i get ?

Affliction or Destro ?

I personally want to know how my dps would be refered to other class . I dont care about metamorphosis . I saw mages getting boosted we loose things. As well blizzard class designer in wow forums for wow tlk said that
    mages and warlocks will make dmg from the same ballpark. I am not a character from Star Wars he is not joda .
    They dont give answers.

Re: Warlocks and new patch : disaster ?

QQ

Welcome to the world of similartycraft where all dps (hybrid and pure) will do roughly the same DPS.

Working as intended.

15+ Year Old Account

I can't understand this post. If someone wouldn't mind to perhaps translate it into an - at least - slightly more decipherable dialect of internet, I can maybe answer some of these questions.

Yes sorry my english .Can u at least reply to my questions first?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaron
    Yes sorry my english sux . Can u at least reply to my questions ?
    Gotta understand them first bro :/

I'm not really sure what you're asking, but I think your question was answered as far as DPS standings go. Pure DPS might do a little more than hybrids, but not by a whole lot. Pure DPS classes will be pretty close to each other as far as numbers go.

how will warlock dps be compared to rogue dps hunter dps mage dps (pure dps class) ?

Answer that

Probably higher.
    This user has been banned.

Afflic and Destro both do good DPS, but... it's too soon to even say anything. It's possible Blizz will release 3.0 with a lot of the balances they're doing in Beta not in yet. That does mean the 'hybrid' roles will be doing higher DPS than they should... and no, 'hybrid' in this since doesn't mean your class can have two roles, it means your DPS tree offers more benefit than DPS.

Don't expect to be beat by Shadow Priests and Ret Paladins, they're mana batteries. Don't expect to be beat by Shaman, they're raid buffers. Etc. If that classes DPS tree brings pretty much only DPS though, they'll be competitive. People care way too much about what classes they have in their raid currently. Blizz wants raids to be focused on good players, not good stacking buffs.

Seriously though, Blizz keeps repeating it, what we're getting now is self-balancing. Cross balancing hasn't been worked on yet. They want X talent points to be worth Y DPS in general, so they're tweaking talents to suit them. After that they'll tweak other things to make the DPS align.

For the record though... yes, the entire theme of Destro from launch until 2.4 is gone. The top of Destro focuses entirely on Fire and much of the tree has been aligned to encourage Imp use. It works though. Your casts fuel your imps mana, its spammed fireballs fuel your crits. My Imp in PTR is approximately 11% of my DPS, meaning sacrifice would reduce my damage. *shrug* People need to stop being so alarmist.

15+ Year Old Account

how will warlock dps be compared to rogue dps hunter dps mage dps (pure dps class) ?

Answer that
    Warlocks are higher than rogues or hunters currently, though Blizzard's one-up build of the beta has a Blizzard representative saying that Hunters are currently above warlocks in terms of DPS.

The fundamental answer to most of the PvE-related questions within this ridiculously unreasonable forum community is that No, your entire class is not going to be replaced or eclipsed by any other class. Want security in raid spots? Don't be bad.

What will be my place in recount ?
    Assuming you're very good, you'll certainly be in the top 5, and you'll likely place well in raids, too.

Sacrifising imp is it worst than empowered imp ?
    Absolutely. Although the final numbers on sacrificial destruction specs aren't in, it's very likely that our pets will significantly increase our dps more with their own abilities than they would by adding passive dps through Demonic Sacrifice.

Will i be any good use in a Raid or will i ll be 1 lock and 6 mages ? ( and ofc me affliction so they can get malediction ).
    This question brings up a whole array of issues. The most prominent issue here is the size of your guild. If you're part of a very large guild, then you likely won't have any issues getting into a raid, due to the current mechanics that have been implemented in dungeons. There will be 10-man and 25-man versions of each raid dungeon, so you will definitely have a place. Smaller guilds may have an issue where they have too many players to run the 10-man version but not enough to field a group for the 25-man. It will be up to each guild to learn how to deal with those issues.
    The real issue you're asking about those is whether or not affliction and destruction specs will be useful compared to what other classes will be using. The answer is, "Of course." Warlocks are going to shine in pve. It's just a matter of figuring out which dps spec will be the best to use for each instance, and that's a thing we're not going to know for a while.

How much dmg my imp will do ?
    Your imp is a sexy, shoeless, whirling god of fire and doom. He could burn down forests. Moutains will erode before he runs out of mana.

With the new spells and talents will my dps increased analogue to tbc or i ll just do the same dps analogue to the new gear i get ?
    There will be no severe rise in dps. As far as I can tell, there is a progressive increase in dps as you level that continues as you gain pieces of raiding gear.

Just to answer the question that was implied by this thread's title, this last patch really was a disaster in how some the changes to our talents and spells were implemented.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by furtivegain
    QQ

Welcome to the world of similartycraft where all dps (hybrid and pure) will do roughly the same DPS.

Working as intended.
    As it should be..

I gained about 250 dps self buffed solo dps on the test servers vs live as destro.

Which is a good thing because alot of the the stuff that made our raid dmg so high isnt around anymore, if your self dps fails, find a new rotation til you find your max dmg one.

Honestly I have yet to see anylock out dps me or any class do more overall damage using any rotation against my

Immolate, incin x5, tap, conflag, shadowbolt x2, chaos and reapeat

Just find one that works best for your spec and get outside the mind set that we will be mashing one button. those days are over

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOfTheRood
    Assuming you're very good, you'll certainly be in the top 5, and you'll likely place well in raids, too.
    I registered and posted just to point out the (unintended?) humor of this statement

my poor little imp runs out of mana so fast, he'll be useful for about 1/2 a boss fight id say

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    my poor little imp runs out of mana so fast, he'll be useful for about 1/2 a boss fight id say
    Make him stop casting for a bit, he uses the 5 second rule himself.

did nt see my imp getting oom in patchwerk 10th fight ..wich is one of the longest fights i witnessed in naxx

as mana reg mechanisms or better replenish machanisms are spread around several classes the lil cannon will never stop firing unless dead ...

and hopefully healers are good enough to keep him alive *with his buffed 7-9k+ life* if warlocks learn to switch of phaseshift at all

probably the empowered imp build + probably unholy power will give him enough force to fulfill his role and doesn't cripple but rather enhance masters dps
    Many class changes. You won't like the ones made to your own class but you'll think the changes made to the 9 other classes are all overpowered. Tigole

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    yea i agree he does run out of mana pretty fast but, blizzard put the restriction on potion sickness for using pots so its kind of realted. well besides the fact pets cant use mana pots. however compared to the fel hunter's mana regan when iw as try affliction out, only way i could get him udner 90% mana was using dark pact. i realize the felhunter needs alot of mana for pvp devouring, so tweaking the imp mana conservation liek the felhuter is out of the question. hopefully a SP, hunter or ret pallies mana to the group buff will fix this. has anyone tried using a suc vs an imp as destro? of cource not picking up empowered imp build.
    maybe...just maybe blizzard will realize one day that you think naming a tree blood they would have at least one crappy bleed effect in it...

simply put, you should start considering your skill level as your prerequisite to obtain a raidspot than simply what class you are.

in lichking it seems like classes will be on a fairly equal playing field (or at least that is what they are attempting to do). So skill >> class.

Problems? yes... Solutions? some... Power? only if you are smart

I do think empowered imp is a load of shit. For that high of a tier your imp's crits should give your next spell a 100% of going critical... 20% higher? I mean for me, in a destro build that gives me a 50% chance, but still... doesn't help that much.
    An empowered imp should be giving you what a demo sacrifice isn't. Empowered should give you say, a 8% fire damage buff and a stronger fire shield, plus a damage buff on his firebolt, or maybe a second offensive spell, or debuff for enemy mobs.
    And what the fuck... they nerfed nether protection to give only a 60% damage reduction instead of immunity?

It seems that every class has some kind of cheat death tactic except locks. Shammys have an instant super heal, mages have iceblock, mages have iceblock, pallies their immunity bubble, rouges have cloak of shadows, hunters feign and have the bestial wrath.

And now to make things worse they took the CD off of turn undead for pallies so if you use demon form on them they just chain fear you till it wears off.

All those things aside though, affliction has some amazingly awesome dps, everlasting affliction is superb. The glyph of corruption gives nightfall to all specs and stacks with nightfall itself. I was doing BT the other day, and I'd throw up all my dots and just drain life and I would get 2 or 3 instant SBs per channel of the drain.

Demon is great raid support with demonic pact, using fel synergy, 2 piece T5 and the warlock trinket from the high astromancer makes your pet almost invincible.

Destro will be the solo/pvp spec for Lich King. The thing that I like most of course is the chaos bolt. I was playing around in pvp and since it can't be resisted or absorbed, it blasts right through shields(except that damn pally immune shield), and kills cloak of shadows too.

My personal opinion for the lich king expansion is to go with affliction, here are my builds for
    70:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000
    80:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

I'm not putting points in Bane because I'm only using the nightfall and glyph of corruption to cast instant shadow bolts, and using the ISB to boost all my periodic damage. These are also purely raid specs, assuming I won't me the main target.

You seriously need that extra stamina/int instead of bane?