So, I finally got on the PTR and started testing stuff with HotR. I'm not extremely geared or anything, but the first time I used it on one of the SW target dummies (and later on the demon hunters at BT), it critted for 922 - 1042 or so. Otherwise it was hitting for around 500. That's with the Amani Punished btw. So, does that mean HotR stacks with attack power? Alot of what I see on forums are complaints about this talent and the damage it does/is supposed to do. I'm just wondering what kind of damage it's doing on the Beta or at higher levels with near top gear or what it should be doing. Which also leads me to my next query.

If HotR does indeed stack with AP, what kind of weapon are we looking at using? Now, I know what has been said about using a fast tanking weapon - I'm pretty sure I started a thread on it awhile back. However, since we're definitely going to be stacking stamina and strength with just about every piece of gear, what's going to be the best weapon? Unless HotR does alot more damage at high levels with a tanking weapon, I seems like a spell power weapon would push an amazing amount of threat. At the moment on the ptr, I'm at ~600 spell power with my weapon, prot talent, and shield (SSO rep shield which I'll replace in Wrath). I'm just curious to see some numbers on all this stuff. But, it's probably just going to end up we need both weapons for different situations - simple as that.