Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Level 70-72 starter instances. Where is the tank gear??

The nexus and Utgarde Keep

I see zero items for tanking. What's the deal about that?

I mean why would tanks even step in that place if there was nothing for them? All i see is a bunch of random items thrown around on the loot tables.....

Re: Level 70-72 starter instances. Where is the tank gear??

look in TBC level 70 instances aswell honey, tanking gear from there still works :
    I tasted bacon.. one day..

I agree that the loot for a pure protection tank is pretty mucn non-existant but then people go in to instances for more than just loot. There will probs be quests and reputation as well as them hopefully being very cool instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
    look in TBC level 70 instances aswell honey, tanking gear from there still works :
    Yes, but that defeats the point of going into wrath of the lich king and running stuff.

Everything in the starter instances are geared for either a healer or a dps. Also the gear standard is much higher than burning crusade (If you only ran level 70 instances)

There is not tank gear because the first instances are easy, and intended to only give you some gear to level faster.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzdom
    I agree that the loot for a pure protection tank is pretty mucn non-existant but then people go in to instances for more than just loot. There will probs be quests and reputation as well as them hopefully being very cool instances.
    I've checked the quest loot as well, no tank loot. Also most reputation items are for level 80 anyhow ):

Now i ain't a loot whore myself, but i find it annoying running a place with mates with nothing to look forward too.

Quote Originally Posted by proy
    There is not tank gear because the first instances are easy, and intended to only give you some gear to level faster.
    How does protection classes level then?

By the last reply i said i plan to level via instances

Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
    He is not whining about other ways of finding tanking gear, but whining about why would tanks do those instances?
    L2Read and understand before criticizin' people
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

I can't see the problem, you tank with DPS gear, the instance is faster and you have a better aggro (assuming healing is not a problem).

Quote Originally Posted by Superscope
    dunno, probably by respeccing to dps specs :/

but its more likely those instances will be easy in dps gear with proper spec

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    dunno, probably by respeccing to dps specs :/

but its more likely those instances will be easy in dps gear with proper spec
    I ain't no dps class. I'm a protection paladin for life bro :3

Seriously, i leveled 1 to 70 protection and i plan to level 70 to 80 protection and nothing is going to stop me (except maybe the lack of any loot >.>)

that will be kind of annoying most tanks already have a their gear if they are currently 70. and upgrades can be made and sold with blacksmithing so it will be alot easier to just grab them off the ah if you need them anyway.

well you have to assume anyone going tank spec in LK is tank spec now. i mean it wouldnt make much sense to seea bunch of dps/heal speced guys suddenly rolling prot to level with would it?

now most established tanks are going to have tanking epics better than the blues we see from these zones. i hear t6 is lasting a fair way through.

we tanks will be grinding these places for the good xp cash rep and off spec items just like we did in TBC

Quote Originally Posted by proy
    you still needing some defense or something, or tank will be killed in 1-2 hits

Quote Originally Posted by Superscope
    Prot specced Classes do only exist to carry your ass through instances. They never roll on dps-gear and when they have to kill stuff alone, they always keep their prot-gear equipped and never ever leave def-stance or Bearform or whatever. And since any "off-specced" class can not use defensive abilities and/or shield your are screwed after lvl 72 because there will be absolutely no tank available.

Evil Blizzard

I just remembered all those idiots who always wanted only prot-specced Tanks and holy/resto skilled healers while lvling. I wonder if they ever made it to lvl 70.

Quote Originally Posted by talitu
    now most established tanks are going to have tanking epics better than the blues we see from these zones. i hear t6 is lasting a fair way through.
    I'm using a mix of T4-5 or equal item level. My kara junky parts will almost expire as soon as i reach northrend (like my awsome D1 set after reaching outland ): )

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangled
    that will be kind of annoying most tanks already have a their gear if they are currently 70. and upgrades can be made and sold with blacksmithing so it will be alot easier to just grab them off the ah if you need them anyway.
    From the data i've seen, blacksmiths can craft effective protection grade plate for level 75+

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by joyu
    you still needing some defense or something, or tank will be killed in 1-2 hits
    druids won't

there is 1 tanking pieces in ramparts, 0 in BF, 1 in Slavepens and 1 shield in mana tombs so tbc was the same way most people got their tanking loot from elite/instance quests till the real tanking loot at 70

I remember reading somewhere, that ret paladins, fury or arms warriors, and hopefully boomkin druids can tank instances pira to lvl 80.
    They all have the ability to keep argo, and the mobs aren't going to hit amazingly hard.

So i guess they are giving players the easy role of doing an instance without much need of finding someone who is prot. As most of us don't roll prot to lvl up i guess Blizzard aren't to sure about putting unneeded prot gear in low lvl instances.