Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: 25 = heroic 10 = normal?

People sure are spouting some wierd examples of what makes 25man content "harder". Frankly gathering 25 non-retards does not have anything to do with the content you are doing, and pre-tbc that number was 40 *shudders*. The true difficulty difference between 25 mans and 10mans is coordination. Simply put having more players in a fight means there is more going on that needs to be accounted for on a raid wide scale. And yes after we (my 10man guild) had kara on farm we pugged gruul's with another guild who was doing kara. Not one of us had ever done gruul's before but after 2 attempts on high king and 3 on gruul we had them both down in a night. We had the skill and the gear just needed the coordination and the understanding of the encounter. After that it was cake.

The difficulty, if it can even be called that, of a 25man raid isnt the fight itself its just not having too many retards in the raid, which has nothing to do with an individual players skill or gear or perfect understanding of an encounter. Its just that the more people you have the more likely you are to have enough retards to wipe everyone else.

10 skilled players wont have any harder a time than 25 skilled players in their content level would. As in skilled players, with the proper gear, understanding of the fight, awareness of their duties and communication with each other its all the same whether there are 10 or 25. People just say 25man is harder because there is nothing "harder" in the 10man range than ZA so there is really no apples to apples comparison. But with WotLK there will be which should prove quite interesting.

15+ Year Old Account

Whoever says that a 25 man raid doesn't require more skill than a 10 man, you obviously don't raid, or you are carried through 25 mans with people much better geared than you. That's the whole reason it's "heroic", it's harder, bigger, and it takes more communication and skill.
    Whoever says otherwise is a timmy terribad player.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Frovi
    Have any of you done Naxx 10 and 25? Would be interesting to know how you felt about them. I understand that its allot harder to organize a 25-man raid since you need 15 more players and it puts more pressure on the RL. But how is it for the individual player?

For instance do you need to avoid fire, jump every 10 sec and run and click that blobby thing in 25s while in 10s you just tank and spenk? Ok kinda weird example but I guess you know what I mean
    yeah i've cleared both 10 and 25 man naxx on the beta.. and i can honestly say the 10man is harder.

the fights are identical, but there's more emphasis on the skill of an individual than the raid as a whole when there's 10 people, 1/10 > 1/25, obviously.

it's easier for one guy to screw up and wipe the raid in 25 mans on trash, but at the same time, 1 guy getting themselves killed isn't very likely to hurt your DPS enough to cause a wipe on heroic, but in the 10 man it'll be a wipe.

and outside of naxx.. for example the winterspring "dungeon" (7 trash mobs and 1 boss, resets once a day) it's far far FAR easier with 25, you can literally zerg him down, bring your 2 tanks and 4 healers, 10 man you still need 2 tanks, and 2-3 healers

all in all the 10/25 thing in wotlk is great, the encounters are the same, the content is the same, just takes more people to clear it on heroic, and the items aren't that far apart quality/ilvl-wise.

if you can 10 man kel, where a 25 man can't get to sapphiron yet, the 10 man is getting better loot.

Ok, let me make a few things clear:

Overall, yes, 25=Heroic, 10=Normal

25 man *may* be harder in dynamics, depending on fights. It may also be way, way easier due to accounting for less % of idiots.

HOWEVER, 25 man modes give better gear. So... 25=Sometimes harder, usually easier (but tougher to find a group), and better loot, 10=Crap unless you can't get enough people.

In the gear vs. experience, experience is worth way, way more, but gear is vital too. At least for dps. For tanks and heals, both are necessary.

in a 25 mode raid you can loose some dps, like 4-5 even 2 healer and still able to complete it in heroic mode? yes

in a 10 mode raid you can loose some dps, like 2-3 and 1 healer and still able to complete it in heroic mode? no

Deal whit it

10HM>25HM better gear you say? 'care

Holy thread necro-ing batman. o.o

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Holy thread necro-ing batman. o.o
    This...I keep forgetting to look at timestamps on posts and end up confusing myself >_<.
    primum non nocere