15+ Year Old Account

Sorcerer's Alchemist Stone

Hello all

With the introduction of potion sickness, I wonder now what the value of the Sorcerer's Alchemist Stone actually is?

Clearly there is the +63 spell power, which is a useful buff from any trinket.

Yet in terms of the 40% increase to health/mana potion effects, is it the case that this buff is now less significant due to potion sickness, thus rendering the trinket less desirable?

Or, as potion sickness reduces the potions that can be consumed over a set period, it is even more important to have the percentage increase to the potion's effect?

What do you think?
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

Re: Sorcerer's Alchemist Stone

I better question is is there going to be a lvl 80 version?

And tbh it can go both ways. But if mana isnt an issue then it will be greatly passed by lvl 80 trinkets.

But dont forget Mixology, Great buff that for Alchemy imo
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Mage, Druid, DK & Shaman,

depends on class too for usefulness, tbh hopefully blizzard will soon realise how little use the 40% bonus effect gets, and then change it to be "40% bonus to the effect and duration of ANY potion. bring on the 700 haste rating pots that last for 21 seconds

The answer is, as usual: "It depends".

From a pure mp5-point of view, the trinket is worse than before: Consider a 6-minute fight:

Before: 40% of 3 Manapotions -> 1.2 Manapotions for free
    Now: Of course 0.4 Manapotions for free

But on the other hand, you got only one potion per fight, so if a fight more or less forces you to use a potion and it is very important that its gain is maximal, these 40% might be huge.
    Example: EvilMeanBoss reduces raidmana to 0% when he hits 50% HP.
    In a fight like that, you are more or less forced to use a manapotion. If it gives you 40% more mana in that situation, you will be VERY happy about it, its like "increases you maximum mana by 40%" in that situation.

Most probably, considering the actual mana reg of a raid, the trinket wont hit it anymore, and EvilMeanBoss will not be designed like that. But there might be situations where it really shines.

Proud author of the totally outdated WotLK Affli Thread

entirely off topic, I'd love to face EvilMeanBoss. Sounds like a great fight if designed right :P

And yes I'm a mana user

It's indeed a matter of how you look at it,

Quote Originally Posted by Nam
    Before: 40% of 3 Manapotions -> 1.2 Manapotions for free
    Now: Of course 0.4 Manapotions for free
    this really looks like a big nerf, since youre loosing 0.8 mana potion here.

But on the other hand, let's assume there always was a pot sickness. So we wouldn't even know about the 0.8 mana potion ever being a possibility.
    In that case you're adding 40% effectiveness to you're mana potion compared to non-alchemists. Which is a huge deal imo.

Besides, it's something you can get fairly easy. While it is my experience that good trinkets are hard to come by.
    "Remember, remember the 6th of July.
    The Real ID treason and Plot.
    I see no reason why the Real ID Treason
    Should ever be forgot."

I've made this suggestion on the EU forums about the trinkets. hopefully it'll get some good support

"with the "1 pot per combat" effect, the 40% bonus to healing/mana isn't getting so much love. also with how mana regen is currently working, people rarely ever need to use pots anymore.. heck 1 mana pot per encounter would actually seem like an 'over-use' currently.
    due to this I'd like to suggest a small change to the 40% effect that'll give the alchemy trinkets alot more use.

"Increases the effect (and maybe duration) that any potion has on the wearer by 40%. this effect does not stack"

soo, the "Potion of Speed", would go to a 700 haste rating for 15 (maybe 21 seconds), etc.. etc. etc..

what do you think? this'll give the wearer of this trinket more freedom of choice in terms of what the 1 potion is they decide to use per encounter.

Taoquitok"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jenova944
    I've made this suggestion on the EU forums about the trinkets. hopefully it'll get some good support

"with the "1 pot per combat" effect, the 40% bonus to healing/mana isn't getting so much love. also with how mana regen is currently working, people rarely ever need to use pots anymore.. heck 1 mana pot per encounter would actually seem like an 'over-use' currently.
    due to this I'd like to suggest a small change to the 40% effect that'll give the alchemy trinkets alot more use.

"Increases the effect (and maybe duration) that any potion has on the wearer by 40%. this effect does not stack"

soo, the "Potion of Speed", would go to a 700 haste rating for 15 (maybe 21 seconds), etc.. etc. etc..

what do you think? this'll give the wearer of this trinket more freedom of choice in terms of what the 1 potion is they decide to use per encounter.

Taoquitok"
    Sounds sensible to me. It will be another means (together with mixology - thanks Mikki) of alchemists getting a little love back from their craft.

I'll be interested to see how this develops in WotLK.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.