Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Death Knight Tanking Tips&Tricks

I leveled and DPS as unholy, but I like frost better for tanking. The dps in my guild are a little gung-ho so howling blast is sort of a necessity for quick threat.

Looking at the patch notes and the changes to blood, wouldnt you consider blood to be a good BOSS tank?

Last Stand every 1 minute (with +50% healing added to boot), and a 15% Ardent Defender, might be good vs a single target like a boss.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazhr
    But still you dont need to get it, what you CANT take is blood of the north because
    1 its useless you dont need the frost runes to keep agro and
    2 it reduce the uptime of blade barrier and that is a talent you want to keep up all the time.
    Need clarification on this as maybe I'm misunderstanding your message. I know for a fact (feel free to check yourselves) that you can walk up to any mob BS, BS and proc blade barrier then when Death Runes are available (still within the blade barrier uptime btw) and BS, BS again and blade barrier will not go away. Secondly, you can BS, BS and proc blade barrier then wait out the 10% and when it goes away, BS,BS using the death runes and once again blade barrier will proc. So, I'm not arguing that Blood of the North is required or a waste, but to say creating death runes takes away from blade barrier procs, I believe, is incorrect.

Lastly, I believe the new def cap to be 540...for those struggling, this will be very easy to hit after the patch. On PTR, by just changing the runeforge enchant on my weapon, my def rose around 20 points. I'm not even including the new sigil. These changes will give all of DK tanks some room to regem in order to focus on stam/avoidance as we see fit.

Firstly ive always got 6 death runes up while tanking and always have blade barrier up (not to sure how it works though)

with the new runeforge your def would have went up by 25 (the runeforge it self says 25)

lastly the new defense sigil is useless if a DK tank said im below def cap but i got the sigil id tell him to go get capped a chance to not be critted is useless.

and yes 10/5/5 is the base build for any tanks i personally take death rune mastery and 2 handed wep damage aswell then go deep frost as it has the best mitigation potential (wich is whats needed as a tank its no good if your TPS is through the roof if you getting gibbed)
    Flaming QQ'ers because if i dont do it someone else will mess it up

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gerbz
    What a strange spec.

You might want to try this as unholy tank:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=000000000000
    Hmmm no Rage of Rivendere (5 expertise and 10% more dmg)? AMZ over Impurity (more dmg = more threat)? and most obvious mistake (imo) is no Bladed Armour (again more dmg = more threat).

heres my Armoury, http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lcrusher&n=Dei

My spec has done me well, so far ive tanked every encounter except Sarth with 3 drakes up.