Chaos Bolt development

Saw this on the front page

Chaos Bolt
    We tried Chaos Bolt as a unique school of magic that pierced immunities. It was quite overpowered. Consider that part of the reason Holy damage is so good is because you can't resist it. Now imagine a Holy spell fired with warlock-level spellpower that could also go through defenses. It was just too good. Sorry.

Did anyone else see this and think "And then? So you'd decided that making this effective wasnt a plan, so you left it doing very little and then did what?" Because frankly, I still dont think much of deep destro. I dont think much of any of destro, as i'm not pleased with being forced to use fire, but while apparently a permanent Meta would make us too much like a Druid, direct damage fire spells dont make us too much like a mage. As it stands at the moment the classes which would be hurt by CB piercing immunities are Pallies and Mages. To be honest, getting a pally to the point where CB will kill them should earn you the kill, and theres nothing worse than a pally bubbling on 300 health and then steamrolling you, mages using IB is cruel in BG's, because it means you have to hang around for 10 seconds, and I sometimes feel that rogues have a Track Warlocks ability... Nasty.

Anyway, not so much QQ as dissapointment, wouldnt mind CB being modified to be more than just a CD that does slightly more damage than your other spells.

Re: Chaos Bolt development

yeah my guildy doesn't like to play destro but he absolutely blows at affliction, and when i try to convince him to go to Destro or 0/30,41/41,30 hey just complains that he deosn't like hybrids and he wont' go destro cause the 51 pt tallent is a stupid slightly changed shadowbolt

cause his shadowbolts crit for 15k with a fast cast time right?

Deleted

My incinerate does more damage than my shadowbolts, has lower cast time and I get to throw a few chaosbolts too every now and then which also do a lot more damage than my shadowbolts...Especially when Molten Core procs and my chaosbolts and incinerates do 10% more damage. So I just wonder if your guildie actually knows anything about being destruction lock or not....

Blizzard isn't willing to flex at all with warlock pvp.

You give them shit talents, shit new baseline spells, shit nerfs, so why is blizzard surprised warlocks make up 4% of top arena teams? Are you afraid a small buff to chaos bolt is going to suddenly sky rocket warlocks to paladins and their 20% arena representation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    ...so why is blizzard surprised warlocks make up 4% of top arena teams?
    Indeed. Except it's more like 1.4% last time I checked, not 4%.

Blizzard's excuse about CB being too good is absolutely absurd. How about Mass Dispel, which is available baseline, and does much more than "piercing" through? It REMOVES the immunity completely, opening up the "immune" player to all hostile players around him. So Blizzard is saying they found it OP that one spec/class combination, which sucks for PvP anyway, is capable of doing damage to immune players on a cooldown. That's just plain hypocrisy.