Thread: Bad Moderation

Bad Moderation

Just been looking at a locked thread here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...t-again-before

So the moderator calls him a troll, bans him and locks the thread because he has an opinion that's not to the moderators liking?

Sort your mods out mmochamp!

1. Talking about moderation instead of bringing your grievances to a global mod (blue-named mod) is just going to get your thread closed
    2. Mod called OP a troll because "woke,diversity and gender crap" isn't exactly a level-headed take that begs for proper discussion
    3. Banned probably because he was an alt account
    4. Why wouldn't the thread be locked when there can't be a good discussion based on wet tissue paper foundations.

Quote Originally Posted by whywhatwhowhenhow View Post
    Just been looking at a locked thread here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...t-again-before

So the moderator calls him a troll, bans him and locks the thread because he has an opinion that's not to the moderators liking?

Sort your mods out mmochamp!
    Well, looking at this thread it's quite obvious he's either a troll or started that thread knowing it'll be a political discussion that has nothing to do with WoW, which also falls into the that category.

I'm not a huge fan of the mods here, they aren't great at taking jokes and they really turned this site into a place were people vent their hate towards everything. But there's better examples that a thread and user being banned correctly.

A bait thread linking to a bait thread

Hey, thanks for bring to our attention a rare case of GOOD moderation.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    1. Talking about moderation instead of bringing your grievances to a global mod (blue-named mod) is just going to get your thread closed
    2. Mod called OP a troll because "woke,diversity and gender crap" isn't exactly a level-headed take that begs for proper discussion
    4. Why wouldn't the thread be locked when there can't be a good discussion based on wet tissue paper foundations.
    I gotta admit, as I've gotten older I really don't like this policy. It keeps everything behind closed doors... doesn't seem too open for discussion. I think it should be open, then people can see opinions and consider different things.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    This pretty much sums it up.

The thread in question was in fact created by someone on an alt account and the content was pure trolling. There was zero doubt that the intent behind creating the account and thread was to troll.

For what it's worth, it was also discussing topics on our list of subjects that aren't allowed on our forums. It could have been closed for either reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I gotta admit, as I've gotten older I really don't like this policy. It keeps everything behind closed doors... doesn't seem too open for discussion. I think it should be open, then people can see opinions and consider different things.
    You cannot run a forum of this size by democratic consensus where everybody gets a say in everything. That would slow down the process to a complete halt. We will occasionally share information publicly as appropriate.

Our moderators are a team of volunteers from all over the world. They are devoting their free time, outside of their regular work and obligations, to help keep our forums a nice place. It is neither practical nor feasible to have a public discussion about every single mod action.

If you feel you can provide valuable input, you can contact one of us blue mods any time or even apply to be a moderator yourself.

/closed
    Last edited by Venara; 2023-09-06 at 10:11 AM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara