Thread: I'm so excited!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I'm so excited!

Good evening, Paladins Community and all of our guests around here!

When I read those "possible" upcoming changes which are "subject to change at any moment" I got so excited just like when I first read about the new Seal/Judgement system pre 3.0.

I once saw a blue post somewhere, Blizzard mentioned that they're thinking of making Prot Paladins viable for PvP (Zalgradis style! don't know if I spelled his name right though) and then read those upcoming changes I was like "Uh damn, Blizzard is really thinking of it!" the silences the stuns.. the damn new Exorcism! GG

Eventhough I'm Ret atm, but if that comes up for real it'll be freakin' Great!

Still though, they're subject to change.

Made by myself while I'm bored..

Re: I'm so excited!

O_o

The user has been banned for this post

Your enthusiasm frightens me..

I personally don't think prot should be viable for a direct pvp encounter like arenas as far as damage goes. The survivability alone is enough to make them a pita without giving them near the same damage capability of a dps spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitcher
    Your enthusiasm frightens me..

I personally don't think prot should be viable for a direct pvp encounter like arenas as far as damage goes. The survivability alone is enough to make them a pita without giving them near the same damage capability of a dps spec.
    I wasn't talking about the capability of being a DPS tank you know, what I'm thinking of.. is a PvP real tank.. Just like Chaos Chosen from Warhammer! You have spells to protect your friends and you are a damn wall (Yes I'm in love with that Class since it's a true pvp tank).

O_o

The user has been banned for this post

Blizzard making sure Paladins shut up with the whining and all the "blizzard hates us."

Emo kids must roll paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Quote Originally Posted by Utal
    Blizzard making sure Paladins shut up with the whining and all the "blizzard hates us."

This.
    Been there, done that. :
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    You mean just like Death Knights? Your irony scares me.

Also, yes, the changes are nice, but why is it that a retadin, one of the previous FotM specs, is respeccing Prot? Sorry, but i refuse to answer any questions you may have purely because of this obvious fact.
    So gaining an extra silence effect and wearing a shield makes up for the loss of offensive capability? And a tank specced DK has to drop dps talents to pick up tanking ones for survivability plus using frost presence nerfs our damage to gain survivability. We make the same sacrifices paladins do when it comes to speccing between tank and dps. Why is a retadin respeccing prot? Maybe because he enjoys prot more and the idea of being able to use it effectively in pve and pvp excites him. But from my personal point of view, in a situation such as arenas, a tank specced and geared pally/warrior/dk/druid should not be able to out-perform a dps specced and geared person of the same class.

I have no questions for you, Chronalis, because you refuse to see any situation regarding your class from the outside in; whether it involves your class alone or if it's grouped with any other discussions that simply include paladins.

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

My apologies, but my character has become hardened over the years because i see it the other way around far too often. I'm sure you understand what i mean. People cry whenever Paladins get anything these days, and it's just left me with standard replies that usually end up with "GTFO" or "STFU" somewhere in them.

Also, i don't like the fact that people respec prot when it becomes easy or viable at PvP. I've no doubt prot is gonna become a FotM spec, something i'm not really happy about. This topic is a perfect example of what i'm implying.
    I think we were point towards the same idea, but didn't quite realize it. I'm all for pallys getting a buff involving an interrupt available to all specs, but to buff prot in such a way that what should be a strictly pve spec will be probably the most desirable in pvp because of the bag of interrupts. I used to play a paladin as my main as prot and I loved going into BGs and having 6 people trying to kill me, but if i were to go into that same situation with the new talents and skills and be able to systematically wipe out whatever group was trying to kill me I would consider that overpowered. Even though that example would be fairly situational and rely on one or less caster dps on me at the time. But given that situation, a prot pally would be able to go 3v1 vs two melee and a healer or healer/caster/melee depending on the gear comparison.

TO ELITEST JERKS!

1) A 6 second stun on a 10 second cooldown that everyone is thinking is NOT going to happen. It will stay 30 seconds for Protection and 50 seconds for Retribution.
    2) The silence on Avenger's Shield will probably stay, but the silence on SotR will be nerfed before it goes live.
    3) Exorcism (glyphed) will probably go live as is, but the damage (glyphed) will be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Utal

Thanks for your participation eventhough it was really really out of the range of my thread.

But please, don't generalize or wait.. am I being rational to a Hunter? oh lol forgot that I'm a ret paladin.. excuse my intelligence, my gear lack of Intellect those days.

You mean just like Death Knights? Your irony scares me.

Also, yes, the changes are nice, but why is it that a retadin, one of the previous FotM specs, is respeccing Prot? Sorry, but i refuse to answer any questions you may have purely because of this obvious fact.
    Mr Chronalis I appericiate your reply here as I always respected your replies in other threads. But allow me to tell you a little story about the Paladin called, Luthius. The main reason behind rolling this Paladin after a while from TBC, was to be a Tank.

My whole PvE life in TBC was tanking and I was a loved and favored by many on my realm too but it was so heart breaking that in PvP it's uselesss unless you're fighting a Rogue or a Warrior.. or both together lol. I always admired Zalgradis pvp Protection videos at level 60, most likely one of the few alliance people I appericiated in my whole WoW life.

Hope my reply was sufficient enough and provided a close answer to question and thanks for calling me FotM roller.

Once again, I love the Paladin as a whole hybrid Class.. not as One-Talent FotM Class

Quote Originally Posted by smokeajay
    1) A 6 second stun on a 10 second cooldown that everyone is thinking is NOT going to happen. It will stay 30 seconds for Protection and 50 seconds for Retribution.
    2) The silence on Avenger's Shield will probably stay, but the silence on SotR will be nerfed before it goes live.
    3) Exorcism (glyphed) will probably go live as is, but the damage (glyphed) will be nerfed.
    Come on.. tell me who you really are.. Kalgan or Ghostcrawler?

Even if they nerf the changes they're thinking of I won't be bothered even a tiny bit, it's good enough to see that Blizzard actually started working on Protection tree more than Retribution one since the last period of time was Retribution only fixes/changes. Now finally they started to care about other talents specially protection

I thought this post was exciting due to death knights being deleted after 3.1 But I feel let down and alone... :'(

I hate death knights

Quote Originally Posted by Judgementus
    I thought this post was exciting due to death knights being deleted after 3.1 But I feel let down and alone... :'(

I hate death knights
    *hug*

I love Arthas/Lich King even though he's a Death Knight. But why are they going to be deleted after 3.1? Any news about nerfing them? Cause tbh I got a Death Knight friend who is living a pathetic adventure of being a great player after he failed as a mage lols.. I wanna make fun of him!

15+ Year Old Account

try being a ret paladin since wow launch
    this is like a freaking revelation, being able to use exorcism in pvp again
    Sucked when blizz removed the ability to use it against undeads in pvp....

STFU already ... why should be tank a pure PvE specc? l2p you damn DK rerolls or gtfo with your QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by reallybignoob

ROLL a DK, mage or TG warrior
    lol I'm impressed by your honesty specially your nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. D
    STFU already ... why should be tank a pure PvE specc? l2p you damn DK rerolls or gtfo with your QQ.
    Lol, what are you talking about?

Did I QQ or something? or were you talking to someone else?

I don't really like the idea of tanks in pvp. I think they shouldn't be involved in it because they weren't really designed for it from the ground up. From what I've seen thus far, prot is too hard to balance. Prot warriors dominate other melee without contest and are somewhat dangerous, if not very annoying, against casters. Feral are absolutely invincible against melee and almost as good against casters - giving them an MS has only made them that much more versatile. Prot paladins were the furthest behind, because although they were strong against melee they had nothing besides HoJ to use on casters. The 3.1 patch remedies that weakness considerably well. I simply don't see how any of these can be properly balanced given their incredible longevity, survivability, and now increased utility.

I am also somewhat confused / dubious about this change to Seal of Justice. Blizzard has made a concerted effort to remove every random "mace-stun" proc from the game. They have even set their eyes on legacy abilities like Blackout. This sudden change of heart, such as the buff to justice seemingly out of nowhere, directly contradicts their previous mission statement. A return to mace-stun would be all-around bad and I don't think it's a decent design method in general. That sends red flags to me that they're floundering for changes to paladins that will only result in the class being ridiculously OP... or they just generally have run out of original ideas.