Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Interesting Dps changes.

Aite so new to Heroics n all that junk and i've noticed that my dps changes quite a bit from fight to fight. On trash i thought i would do alright because destro is burst damage as opposed to affliction. But i;ve noticed that I'm sitting on around 1.5-1.7k dps on trash and even with RoF it only goes up maybe 100 dps.

On bosses i sometimes get around 1.4k and sometimes 2k+... i do exact same rotation.

Immolate, Corruption, Conflagrate, Chaos Bolt, Incinerate x 3 Conflagrate, Immolate Corruption.. repeat.

Any help would be appreciated.. example.

Last night was doing Heroic Halls of Lightning and we downed first boss and i was doing around 1.4k dps but topped damage done with about 33% the mage was second he did about 30% and had 1.8k dps. Moved on cleared the run got to Lokan and were going for Timely Death achievement.

We pull start dpsing and we get him down in 1.30min or something gettin the achievement. I look at dps and i did 2.3k and mage did 2.4k... i dont remember doing anything different but 1k dps difference ... i mean seriously. what the fuck.

Any help would be dandy XD

Re: Interesting Dps changes.

AoE during trash.

Yeh i know. Thats why i said it only goes up about 100 dps with me doing RoF.. which is an AoE.....

Read post properly please.

Get more data, do more tests. Use the target dummys, go for varying lengths of time repeatedly, try and repeat your posted results. If you can go to the heroic dummy and put out 1.5k DPS for a few minutes, wait an hour, and come back and put out 2.5k for a few minutes doing the exact same thing, then you have a RNG problem. Otherwise, too many variables could have affected your data within the lapse of one instance run.

What kind of gear do you have? link armory? Is your gear enchanted?

What curse are you using? Didnt see one listed.

Deep destro is not our best dps spec atm.. try 53/0/18 or 0/41/30 for higher potential output.

Since a lot of our damage is proc based and duration based.. you will do better the longer the fight lasts.

Your dps is average for someone that just hit 80 (guessing). It's not a big deal if you are holding your own and doing 30% of the dmg. Your dps will get better with practice and gear.

Also, are you using a firestone/spellstone? Every bit helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ssan&n=Elzaros

I just hit 80 yes 2 days ago. Im Using CoA and i did notice that it got better the longer the fight. I know for best dps output Affliction is best at the moment but I did that all the way to 80 so i want to do something new. I like destro at the moment it seems like a fun spec

btw im aware my gear is shit i had shammy with me so my sp buffed was 2k when i did lokan. I was using Firestone.

Thanks.

Hmm.. not bad then. Gear will certainly help.. and thats why you are doing heroics. ;D

I'd guess if anything you might be clipping your dots and slightly off pace with your cooldowns. Dont let Destro fool you.. it can be almost as complex as affliction. (almost) Use the practice dummy to check for improvements.

I raided affliction at the end of BC, for levelling to 80, and at 80 for the first few months. I got bored too and now switched to 0/41/30 for a bit of fun. I kinda like it. Maybe give that a try. Plus it can be somewhat viable in pve and pvp (save you some $ until dual spec comes out).

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros
    Immolate, Corruption, Conflagrate, Chaos Bolt, Incinerate x 3 Conflagrate, Immolate Corruption.. repeat.
    Corruption(or CoA, it's up to you, either can proc Molten Core) --> Immolate --> Conflag --> CB --> Incin's

Choose corruption or CoA. I prefer CoA since it has such a longer duration, but I haven't theorycrafted the difference between Corr and CoA. I'd drop those 3 talent points from Fel Vitality and put them in to Affliction, probably ImpCoA if you decide to use CoA. I haven't seen my imp run out of mana in a 25man, ever.

I put into vitality because of the points needed to get Demonic Aegis. That extra 30% increases my sp by quite a bit. I've seen 31/40 stats out and about and it looks kinda viable but tbh i love the crits with CB lol XD

Yeh i know. Thats why i said it only goes up about 100 dps with me doing RoF.. which is an AoE.....

Read post properly please.
    Isn't Seed of Corruption a LOT better?

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ssan&n=Elzaros

btw im aware my gear is shit i had shammy with me so my sp buffed was 2k when i did lokan. I was using Firestone.

Thanks.

I'd really like to know how a shaman gave you 900+ Sp...

Just curious

Lol Shammy didn't give me 900 dps... i have 1.2k sp.. with fel armour it goes up to 1.6k with shammy totem it goes up to 1.9k... Sorry 100 off.. please forgive me. Lol.

/sarcasm

Lol Shammy didn't give me 900 dps... i have 1.2k sp.. with fel armour it goes up to 1.6k with shammy totem it goes up to 1.9k... Sorry 100 off.. please forgive me. Lol.

/sarcasm
    Gee I wish my totems granted 300sp! Sign me up!

hahaha All i know is i had 1.95k sp.. totems is all i can think of that do that.. i looked at one i though it said +280 sp... might of been dreaming though lol.

Methinks CoA is better for proccing MC causes it ticks faster than Corr, and RoF is better than seed for builds with emberstorm. Just throw up 1-2 CoAs on mobs for MC then RoF.
    Ive also noticed my dps can go low some times even though I'm high in the total % of damage done

the huge differences in dps might be because damage meters calculations, eg. if you have to move and you have dot's on target your dps goes down but your damage done goes up, but if you don't have any dots and you move your dps and damage done does not change.

and also practice destro rotation, be sure to not clip any dots it's really bad for you (you lose mana and dps).

Quote Originally Posted by Sockie
    Totem of Wrath, you skipped it in your Elemental Talent tree. "Summons a Totem of Wrath with 5 health at the feet of the caster. The totem increases spell power by 280 for all party and raid members, and increases the critical strike chance of all attacks by 3% against all enemies within 40 yards. " *The more you know!*
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Joke? Doesn't affect Boubouille

Wow a Ele Shaman with no Totem of Wrath? How /fail is that? I just don't have the words.

if u like the feel of destro try 0 41 30, the felguard acts like a major dot.

u are probably suffering a lot from RNG on bosses too. 0 41 30 is the least gear dependent spec although your felguard still scales based on your gear.

i cant believe a shaman wouldnt spec into that totem.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Sockie

so you dont know what totem of wrath is? Or your one of those bad elemental shaman that keeps using flametongue totem?