whats better to level with feral or moonkin

coming from a pvp server my druid currently is 70 in all resto pvp gear so what would be best or fastst way to lvl him as moonkin? or feral

15+ Year Old Account

Re: whats better to level with feral or moonkin

I had never played a druid before my friend asked me to level his from 71-80 cause he lost his internet for 3 months. I loved Balance and am leveling my own now.

Guildies tried to get me to feral and I was not near as happy as I was with a Boomkin.

With the gear you have now start Balance, I hear at 75 feral is the way to go, but they are both very quick to level with.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Moonkins got nicely overhauled and are great to level with. If you want to heal as well, then you can acctually go balance resto (getting moonkin but also getting swiftmend). Depending on your skill and that of your group, you may want to put two points in improved tranquility as it will be your only AOE heal.

This hybrid relys mainly on healing touch as your main heal (you use hots too, but HT plays a much bigger role)

Here's a build that my buddy and I experimented with.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=082100000000

If you want to level as fast as possible, go feral. You can burst down the enemies before pounce wears off. (pounce, mangle, tiger's fury, shred, shred, FB) (glyph of shred a must here) Plus running around at faster speeds just helps out. Up to you really.

if you are resto to begin with, then i would suggest Moonkin. but if you have a decent feral set, then i dont think it really matters between the two. go with your best gear set, and your own preference. If you do go with balance though, stack as much int and crit as possible to reduce your downtime.

I personally think that leveling feral is the way to go. You really have to try hard to die as a feral druid. If the targets are all melee you can go bear and kill 5 - 6 of them at the same time. Not to mention if your low, pop barkskin cast a healing touch or two and then go back at it. Frenzied Regen is only on a 3 minute cool down which will almost completely heal you if you have near to full rage. You also never run out of mana in feral. You can heal up in under 5 seconds and be back at it. Leader of the pack also gives mana back now. (Once your far enough down the tree) This makes it even easier to go in and out of form healing and fighting without running out of mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli
    if you are resto to begin with, then i would suggest Moonkin. but if you have a decent feral set, then i dont think it really matters between the two. go with your best gear set, and your own preference. If you do go with balance though, stack as much int and crit as possible to reduce your downtime.

All your gear can be replaced in a few quests.

On another note, Barksin + Survival + berzerk = You taking out 10 equal level mobs with kitty swipe!!!!

If you have Resto gear go for Boomkin. If it is at least half decent you still can collect some feral gear while leveling to rethink later.

By coming from, do you mean you've moved from a pvp server to a pve? Or just mean your character is on a pvp server? Hard to sneak around and avoid people as a big moonkin!
    To purr, or not to purr...

Quote Originally Posted by Firefrosty
    All your gear can be replaced in a few quests.

On another note, Barksin + Survival + berzerk = You taking out 10 equal level mobs with kitty swipe!!!!
    Pre HoT + barkskin + trees + starfall + hurricaine = you killing just as many mobs

Feral AoE threat is fine also, just easier for druids to screw up pick ups.

Swipe is frontal only unfortunately (wtb glyph of swipe using back claws too), which means very dependant on the players skill in positioning and pick ups.
    Glyph of maul is brokenly good, druid AoE threat just requires a bit more target switching than other classes.

go feral. already on low level you can easily kill 5 mobs on your lvl in bear form.
    as feral you are also not as dependent on you equip than as a moonkin.
    and the good thing about feral is that you can deal damage in cat (1-2mobs) and bear form (3+ mobs).
    if you like going instances, feral is great cos you can easily be a good tank without having to farm def-equip.

Id recomend Feral for lvling.

However since i end game as resto for 70-80 i lvled as moonkin so i had a half decent set to start heroics.

Maybe i need to answer too.

Play the one you feel more confortable with. They are about as fast to lvl up. I personally leveled as Owl and didnt have any mana broblems what so ever. Pre hot + hurricane you can take about 4-7 mobs at the time. Finish at 50% mana full healt and no CD:s used. If you want to take bigger packs and still keep the pace, use trees on one pull, Starfall on the next, barkskin on third and so on. Basicly, manage your cooldowns, especially Innervate, and youll be fine. If you cant take biger pulls, try this. SF+MF+W while having natures grasp on. Go to next one while the 1 one dies in your NG tirggered roots. Nuke the 2. target. Take 3. so that youll use Roots instead of NG and start killing the 4th. This way you can keep on killing 2 targets at the same time with out getting hit too much. A small hint: as obvious as it seems, over healing eats mana :P meaning: If your low HP, instead of staking LB or using HT spam use single Reju at a time and root stuff and go slow for a while. It might seem too slow but it consumes less mana and lets you go further on one go. It prolly takes around 2 rejus to get you back to deasent HP and full on action again. Something like SF+roots+IS+SF+roots while letting the Reju work you up is nice... but hell, your a ex healer so you know this shit

Both are as fast to travel, Both can sneak around (unlike Kithara suggested) and thou cat is faster to run from mob to mob, generally sepaking insta cast MF gets the mob to you faster than running to it as cat and your doing dmg to it allrdy. But as i sayed. Pick the one you like.

Just to get stuff in perspective. I leveled to 65 as feral and have used the spec after it quite a bit too. We leved from 70- 76 with feral friend who has similar T5/T6 gear than me and i didnt see any difference there. what a good fun those 3 days were

Sk
    Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.