Help With Elemental Spec

I respec'ed to elemental from enhancement about a month ago and i'm really enjoying it, but i feel that with my current gear i could be doing alot more DPS. i put out about 3k average in 25 man naxx.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...erenas&n=Cryon

I posted an armory link and maybe you guys can help me to improve my overall DPS.
    i used the rotation FS --> LVB --> (4-5) LB (CL if there is more then 1 mob) --> FS --> LVB and so on.

I have my hit rating at 330 because my guild usually has a shadow priest or a boomkin sometimes both but usually just 1.
    Ive been debating buying the caster with for 25 emblems of valor (the one with haste)? what u guys think?

any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Help With Elemental Spec

330 hit is too much. Since you're a draenei, you need to knock it down to 10%. Your spec looks fine.

You should be using CL, even on single targets, except during bloodlust. It does more dps than LB. When 3.1 hits and CL gets nerfed (if it gets nerfed, the damage is identical on the ptr), you can drop it out of your rotation.

i thought the hit rating for draenai shamans was 342?

am i safe at 10 percent even missing a shadow priest or a boomkin?

Quote Originally Posted by Cryon
    i thought the hit rating for draenai shamans was 342?

am i safe at 10 percent even missing a shadow priest or a boomkin?

10% w/ them, 13% without. I read your paragraph as "I usually have the hit debuff". Generally, if they don't show up for my raids, I throw on t7 gloves with a hit gem and hit enchant. It's not exactly 3%, but it's pretty close.

add a earth shock to your rotation if you have the glyth of flame shock. so FS LVB LB LB LB ES LB LB LB etc change the rotation to suit haste rating and throw in a CL if you want. I find on boss fights start off with a LB CL then FS for they will all hit at the same time for a big burst of dps off the hop.

anyone else use this rotation or have a better one to start off with?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuf
    add a earth shock to your rotation if you have the glyth of flame shock. so FS LVB LB LB LB ES LB LB LB etc change the rotation to suit haste rating and throw in a CL if you want. I find on boss fights start off with a LB CL then FS for they will all hit at the same time for a big burst of dps off the hop.

Don't use earth shock.

You can build a rotation, but the best dps is probably going to be a simple priority list of
    -use FS if it's not up
    -use LvB if off CD and above conditions are met
    -use CL if off CD and above conditions are met and you aren't using bloodlust
    -else LB

Quote Originally Posted by Cuf

Dropping a large chunk of damage straight away on a boss can get you flattened and isn't really healthy for the tank.

I just give the tank a couple of seconds and then the good old normal FS, LvB, LB, LB etc.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

Please disregard Cuf's comments. Weaving another shock in, not only lowers DPS but leaves you less flexible to start a new rotation on another target with a new FlS. This is widely acknowledged as can be confirmed with a little read of EJ.

Additionally, while CL might be marginally more DPS (really, reeeeally marginal) this DPS increase is lost due to the lag experienced by changing spells, unlike pure LB spam which takes advantage of the spell queue system which Blizz implemented a while back to eliminate the need for /stopcasting macros. Again, comfirmable via EJ.

Dropping to 10% hit is a good idea for when you have an Spriest or Boomkin (263 hit rating). Otherwise, I'd recommend upgrading both your rings and cloak as they've got pretty sub-optimal stat allocation with the MP5.

Then just work on your rotation. FlS > LvB > LB until LvB > LB until FlS and repeat.

thx for info guys much appreciated

i lowered my Hit rating a bit and raised my SP/Haste,

wts the haste i should be aiming for to maximize LB's during the the LVB cooldown?

Quote Originally Posted by Torture
    Dropping a large chunk of damage straight away on a boss can get you flattened and isn't really healthy for the tank.
    Note this is on a boss fight ...... the tanks get plenty of threat before I start my barrage for as the fight starts I gotta position myself and then drop totems so threat is never a problem.

I tried the FS LVB LB spam till LVB is up LB spam then rinse and repeat and dps was always lower than if I did the sequence I noted above.

back to the target dummies to work on the rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Cryon
    wts the haste i should be aiming for to maximize LB's during the the LVB cooldown?
    You aim for 560 haste rating for a nice LvB LB*5 tight rotation.

I'm over this cap, plus still using a lvl 70 procing 100 more haste rating, so I add to change the standard "560 haste" rotation "FS LvB LB*5 LvB LB*4 CL" to :
    FS LvB LB CL LB*3 CL LvB LB*3 CL LB